The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
Nahh people were confused at first as to whether or not IYRTITL was a mixtape or album, but it was never free.

Last edited:
At some point I'm thinking he plays the Ed Sheeran card and they make a video together

I hope he pushes In the Night or As You Are as a single as well

I'm sure he'll do a few collabs over the next several months too

Last edited:
In The Night has already been named the next single I think.
Damn good stuff, who reported that?

It will be very interesting to see the opinions on it. I feel there will be a split between folks who say "ugh, what a knock off of MJ" and others who eat it up. I wonder which group wins out....

In the Night is a risky move. I see a lot of people who don't seem like standard Weeknd fans saying "I like this song (CFMF) it's real MJesque". If this is the next song they hear from Weeknd they might call him unoriginal

The last thing The Weeknd is unoriginal, In The Night is MJ esque but it's still him.

Also like the homie said, The Hills is already Top 5 and sounds nothing like anything else.

In the Night is a risky move. I see a lot of people who don't seem like standard Weeknd fans saying "I like this song (CFMF) it's real MJesque". If this is the next song they hear from Weeknd they might call him unoriginal

I'd be surprised if that was the response to In The Night. I think his mainstream fans care more that the song sounds good than originality.

laugh.gif
 watch the weeknd turn dark again to keep people off balance. Maybe it's just wishful thinking

If he does the Prisoners vid with Lana he'll go platinum before the year is over

:lol:  watch the weeknd turn dark again to keep people off balance. Maybe it's just wishful thinking

He's having way too much success with this album. We might get sprinkles of it here and there and eventually a full on album like that but not for awhile imo.

I think most of his fanbase is too young to draw the similarities to MJ...

I would listen to Kiss Land to celebrate, but I'm in a rather happy place with my new relationship at the moment. I don't need those problems. :smh:

Dope album, though.

Back
Top Bottom