The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters
That Banks chick ruined the mood last night. Thought she was the opener and ended up missing 90% of Travi$ set 
mean.gif

The Weeknd's visuals are crazy, its wild to see how far he has come. I'll never forget his show at The Norva 
pimp.gif

That Banks chick ruined the mood last night. Thought she was the opener and ended up missing 90% of Travi$ set :smh: .
The Weeknd's visuals are crazy, its wild to see how far he has come. I'll never forget his show at The Norva :pimp:

This is what I was saying last week. It makes ZERO sense to have her perform in between Travis and Abel.

It also doesn't help that as of two years ago Banks had the stage presence of a sedated sloth.

That's my girl, seen her twice but "Godess" and "Night Call" couldn't possibly carry more contradicting vibes.

Last edited:
This is what I was saying last week. It makes ZERO sense to have her perform in between Travis and Abel.

It also doesn't help that as of two years ago Banks had the stage presence of a sedated sloth.

That's my girl, seen her twice but "Godess" and "Night Call" couldn't possibly carry more contradicting vibes.
Never heard of Banks her voice is trash sounded like she was yodeling. I'm gonna assume that Travi$ opened because he is the smaller artist.

First album dropped only 2 months ago and is a little over 100K in album sales compared to Banks dropping last year (I guess it did well I don't know).

CRAZIEST/BEST DAY EVER!

This whole experience was so amazing and Abel truly killed this show. 

The Meet and Greet package was worth every penny. 

Let me tell you all how it went:

When I first got there we received a special gift. It included a poster that said "Washington Madness Tour" or something like that, a little laminate that said Madness Tour, a Madness Tour necklace type thing, and a tote bag.

We waited after that for a while then this thick girl came up to us and introduced herself. She's an "XO girl" and was and was handpicked by Abel 
grin.gif
. She was basically like a hostess for our group.

Then we went down two flight of steps for the meet and greet. One of the coolest things was we could actually hear Abel sound checking. I found that super dope! 

So then we finally got to the meet and greet portion! 

We were told no autographs and to not touch his hair 
laugh.gif

Before entering we left our bags and phones. The actual meet and greet part was pretty short not going to lie, but here's what I said:

"I'm so happy for all your success. You've had such a major impact on my life. Thanks for making such incredible music. And please make more songs like initiation because it's so dope and is relatable considering I'm 17. "

Replied: "Thanks so much bro, I will bro!"

After that we went up to the VIP Party. They had open bar, a DJ, and a lot of food. We had the opportunity to scoop merch without waiting in line as well. I copped some shirts.

THE SHOW :

Travi$ opened up and absolutely killed his performance. I wish he could've been out there longer but it's cool. Seeing him tomorrow with Bryson Tiller.

Then came Banks. Don't get me wrong... She's a SUPER talented artist and has an amazing voice. But man she REALLY should've came out before Travis. They had the order all messed up and it threw things off a bit. Nonetheless she did her thing.

Then came Abel. He truly killed his performance. He sounded great last night and his set was pretty long which was nice. It's crazy to see him do such big arenas like this.

I'm not going to say anything about the songs because I don't want to spoil that for anyone but the transitions were very smooth. He was really engaging with the crowd and the band killed it is always! 

Overall I'm stoked that I had this experience. Sorry for the super long post but I figured some of you might be interested to see how it went down!

I have a bunch of videos of the show uploaded on my Twitter! If you want to check em out here's my page: https://twitter.com/BiggDaddyRice

Madison Square Garden show as dope.

Like everyone else mentioned, having TScott open then bringing out Banks was an awful idea.

Energy went from 100 to 0 rapidly.

Other than that, I give it a 8.5/10 overall.

Too lazy to post pics right now but my seats were good, I was in the 120 section.

Compared to his previous NYC shows, I rank them:

2012 > 2014 > 2015 >>>>>> 2013

Back
Top Bottom