The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Siouxie and the Banshees
pimp.gif

Beach House
pimp.gif

Chris Brown and them better not start biting!

I was gettin so tired of "rap" aka CRAP and "R&B" aka POP music lately.

Thank God The Weeknd and Frank Ocean have came into my life. Only thing I been listening to lately.

Awesome songwriting ability.

Real Lyrics=Real Music.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

Originally Posted by Slim

i'd be pretty heated too if people kept making unauthorized videos to my music.

why? your getting free promo + it shows how much people like your music
co-sign.

The Weeknd is doing his whole mysterious artist thing and people aren't waiting up for him and his team to actually drop an official video.

If I were The Weeknd, who know one would know about if it wasn't for Drake pushing his mixtape, I would be flattered people are taking the time to create videos for his music. If nothing else, like the man said - free promo.

^thanks guys

it makes you appreciate the mixtape even more when you listen to the samples. Beach House and Siouxsie fit his style perfectly.

I can see why he would be annoyed. You're taking creative control away from me. Maybe your unauthorized interpretation is completely different from what I intended it to be.

and no matter how much he'll say, these videos are not authorized, not official.. there are plenty of people ignoring that and saying it is.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Whoa whoa whoa. Who said he was mad at unauthroized music videos? If anything he posted some of them that were ok. He is made at youtube for deleting his song off of youtube. And mad OF for being lames.

Gave dude a chance. But I'm goin back to my Frank Ocean, can't really get into The Weeknd.

Wicked Games is cool though.

Pretty shocked that there is almost no mention of Coming Down....

...That bassline.

It's high on my list as well.

And I'm actually the exact opposite of dude on the last page. I can count the Frank Ocean songs that I really, REALLY like on one hand. But I can't seem to get enough of The Weeknd.

Whoa whoa whoa. Who said he was mad at unauthroized music videos? If anything he posted some of them that were ok. He is made at youtube for deleting his song off of youtube. And mad OF for being lames.

He praised the video for Glass Table Girls. I know because that's the first one I saw and that's what inspired me to download the tape. Personally thought that was fantastic. However, he definitely voiced displeasure with the "What You Need" video via twitter. He also continues to tweet/facebook "no official videos yet"

for the record, I prefer The Weeknd over Frank Ocean. They're both dope though.

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

Pretty shocked that there is almost no mention of Coming Down....

...That bassline.
one of the realest songs on the tape. i wonder which producer did this beat.

really, though.. i'm drunk right now and i have to say that The Knowing is one of the greatest songs of 2011.

Back
Top Bottom