The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Thursday

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.8%

• Total voters
Yeah I'm wondering for those that dislike this.. mess with after hours and this?

220px-MyDearMelancholy_-_album_by_The_Weeknd.jpg

Yeah I'm wondering for those that dislike this.. mess with after hours and this?

After Hours was my favorite Weeknd project since Kissland. I did enjoy MDM, Privilege was the one.

I do enjoy the first 5 tracks of Dawn FM but am having trouble getting into much else besides that, I did like Best Friend when I heard it.

I will say though, the concept is super awesome and the perspective of Jim on the outro is >

Interested to see what the third album in this trilogy will be.

I don't understand how some of y'all don't like Dawn FM.

Abel nailed the whole GTA Vice City radio station coke vibes on this album

Finally went for a drive with the album, and this is my interpretation of it:

The album starts with the uptempo club records, saying he’s in the club/on drugs etc. then around ‘Sacrifice’, he “dies” and is now in purgatory. The next few songs is him speaking from purgatory, even a few songs talking to sone girl he left behind (‘I Heard You’re Married’, ‘Don’t Break My Heart’) etc.

I think this album will grow on people like After Hours did, there’s a theme here to be broken down, I don’t care for the upbeat records that start the album but IMO its got sone joints on there and people will come around to it

I wouldn't say I don't like it, I don't think it's bad but I definitely don't enjoy as many songs from this as his other projects.
Listened to the album in full multiple times now and my opinion of putting it at the bottom of his discography hasn't changed.

Last edited:
- New stadium tour tickets will be copped -- the transitions will be glorious
- Dawn standouts for me: Depeche Mode/Human League-influenced Gasoline + HDIMYLM transition to TMB + Japanese city pop-influenced Out of Time + ITSE? transition to Starry Eyes + Less Than Zero being the next Save Your Tears
- To give background, I personally think MDM/Kiss Land are his most "complete" works

Alright, I’ve given it some more plays and it’s growing on me a little. Best Friends is really good. I enjoy Is There Someone Else as Well. Out of Time isn’t bad but it’s far from great IMO.

You take the best 6 from After Hours and stack it up vs the 6 of MDM I think it's a tough call

They both have similar vibes but obviously After Hours branches out into pop too

Until I Bleed Out and the bonus tracks from After Hours are like an extension of MDM imo, just like same tone

You take the best 6 from After Hours and stack it up vs the 6 of MDM I think it's a tough call

They both have similar vibes but obviously After Hours branches out into pop too

Until I Bleed Out and the bonus tracks from After Hours are like an extension of MDM imo, just like same tone

Perfectly said

Back
Top Bottom