The Wolverine - Movie Thread (07/26/13) - Trailers on page 7

Really scratching my head about Jean being in this movie.
:lol:
and why is he having dreams about jean and not silver fox?????
he didnt even **** jean?

Silver Fox betrayed him and he got closure in Origins, which is suppose to be what, 20-30 years ago?

Wolverine actually loved Jean and he killed her. He f'n killed her! And this film is set after X3.

Stop letting your hate blind you man. :lol:
in the movie universe how could he loved her? he never even hit not to mention he only knew her a short time
AND she was cyclops
IDK man i couldnt trust a female that would stray so easily from her husband/love of her life
she a garden tool for that and he a sucka for taking his teammates girl :smh:

:lol: Bro, it's not real life. Ever heard of love at first sight? Plus it's a PG film, they do not need sex to fall in love. In the comics, there has always been a love triangle between the 3 of them and he had been simpin for 3 films. That is enough for a PG comic book character to fall in love. Oh by the way, as proof, he says it on this film that he loves her. :lol:

That's true, some stupid adamantium bullet to the head made Logan forgot. :lol: Totally forgot that BS.
He did get closure before he forgot though, she apologized and he seemed to have forgiven her and thought she was dead before he charged to the colonel I think.
Yeah, you right. But that bullet to the head making him lose his memory was bull.

Really scratching my head about Jean being in this movie.

As overkill as it was to have her in the movie every 25 mins I think it was just as a reminder to the audience that wolverine is still living with the events that happened in X3 especially with the way the end credit scene was portrayed. Fox is really trying to promote the whole of idea of one big xmen story. I didnt mind the route the movie took and with all of its shortcommings I was still entertained but I'm now very cautious as to what DoFP will be like :smh:

And dude that plays magneto is old as **** :x

Last edited:
u know what i just remembered doesnt jean look like somebody who he loved when he was younger in canon comic storyline of wolverine????
and thats why he was always so attracted to her

Famke Janssen is a tall drink of water. Can't blame Logan for being into her. Saw her in the city a few years back walking her dog, she's an amazon.

Last edited:
As overkill as it was to have her in the movie every 25 mins I think it was just as a reminder to the audience that wolverine is still living with the events that happened in X3 especially with the way the end credit scene was portrayed. Fox is really trying to promote the whole of idea of one big xmen story. I didnt mind the route the movie took and with all of its shortcommings I was still entertained but I'm now very cautious as to what DoFP will be like :smh:

And dude that plays magneto is old as **** :x
Lol, yet Prof X still looks the same from his Star Trek days.

in the movie universe how could he loved her? he never even hit not to mention he only knew her a short time
AND she was cyclops
IDK man i couldnt trust a female that would stray so easily from her husband/love of her life
she a garden tool for that and he a sucka for taking his teammates girl :smh:

Yea this was the main reason I hated Jean and wolverine...they're both lame as ****...gambit and nightcrawler ftw

Last edited:
Yea this was the main reason I hated Jean and wolverine...they're both lame as ****...gambit and nightcrawler ftw

Yeah they kind've took the love triangle between them too far in this movie series. In the comic wolverine loved her and jean had a thing for wolverine too but she was always committed to cyclops. In the movies series they turn her into a bop :smh: :lol:

I still do not get the hate on Hugh as Wolverine, dude is an Oscar caliber actor and this might just be his best Wolverine portrayal yet. As KSteezy said, his height is really the only thing that isn't accurate but I really do not want to see the hero in the film to be shorter than the chicks he saves. I mean it looks really awkward when Jennifer Lawrence towers over Hutcherson in Hunger Games, even in the red carpet, it just looks wrong. I mean really, Wolverine is supposed to be what, 5'3"? Even RDJ and Tom Cruise aren't that short. :lol:

aint tom cruise like 5 foot 5? son is a ******

Why does wolverine think he killed Jean? Didnt she sacrifice her self saving all the Xmen an turned into the phoenix?

Btw
I liked this movie alot but The Dark Knight Rises is stil my favorite comic book movie. I did not like the avengers like everyone else did. I think people liked it cuz it had a ton of super heroes but i thought it tried to be funny and had too many explosions and a dumbed down plot. I liked the first iron man better than the avengers so imo The Wolverine was more enjoyable than The Avengers.

Last edited:
Why the hate on Hugh?
1. Height (yeah yeah dead horse)
2. Wolverine is an antisocial, "subhuman" type man aka ferrel child kind of person, not a charismatic pretty boy
3. What "good has he done with the character yet? All movies he's been in have sucked

I think people dont realize that it's been more than 10 years of xmen trash films (don't care about sales numbers. It's time for a change. Haven't seen this latest movie but to say it's better than the last is not saying much. Hugh is a great actor yes, but a horrible portrayal a wolverine.

Last edited:
Was that Bishop to the left of Logan at the airport? I might have been struggling to stay awake but the man crossing the other metal detector looked just like the actor posted in the DOFP thread.

And I thought his portrayal was pretty good in this film. Maybe his best as mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
Why the hate on Hugh?
1. Height (yeah yeah dead horse)
2. Wolverine is an antisocial, "subhuman" type man aka ferrel child kind of person, not a charismatic pretty boy
3. What "good has he done with the character yet? All movies he's been in have sucked

I think people dont realize that it's been more than 10 years of xmen trash films (don't care about sales numbers. It's time for a change. Haven't seen this latest movie but to say it's better than the last is not saying much. Hugh is a great actor yes, but a horrible portrayal a wolverine.

1. Find a 5'3" actor built like Jackman that can act. Find one from 10 years ago up to today. Someone who would sacrifice and dedicate their body and workout like Jackman has. Tom Hardy is the one that comes to mind but dude is still 5'9". I still think it'll look weird and awkward seeing the leading lady towering over the films hero.

2. Let's examine this, Jackman is an actor and if the script and director says smiles and talk sweet nothings to Jean Grey, he isn't going to do his own thing and growl at her. This is not Jackmans fault. Actually, Logan has always had a soft spot with broads but he was a d*ck and sarcastic to mostly everyone else in the film. Again, that was the script given to him.

3. He is really good with what material he was given and as stated before and he is good as Wolverine in this film. Just because you think the film sucks, doesn't mean he was terrible in it. Sure saying "bub" and delivering cheesy lines sounded terrible at times but not even RDJ can save what Jackman was given. :lol:

And people did not realize that it's been 10 years of crappy XMen films, X1 is 82%, X2 is 87% and 1st Class is 88%. Those are all good films at some point. Others may think it doesn't stand the test of time and that is fine, it was well liked when it came out and plenty still like it today. Don't let NT cloud your judgement because we are a very small population in this forum. Plus there will always someone who hate the film, hell TDK got a lot of flack at the thread on StyleForum, some of them just blasted it and thought it was simply a terrible film and that is probably NTs favorite film, ever (also got 94% on RT).

Last edited:
1. Find a 5'3" actor built like Jackman that can act. Find one from 10 years ago up to today. Someone who would sacrifice and dedicate their body and workout like Jackman has. Tom Hardy is the one that comes to mind but dude is still 5'9". I still think it'll look weird and awkward seeing the leading lady towering over the films hero.

2. Let's examine this, Jackman is an actor and if the script and director says smiles and talk sweet nothings to Jean Grey, he isn't going to do his own thing and growl at her. This is not Jackmans fault. Actually, Logan has always had a soft spot with broads but he was a d*ck and sarcastic to mostly everyone else in the film. Again, that was the script given to him.

3. He is really good with what material he was given and as stated before and he is good as Wolverine in this film. Just because you think the film sucks, doesn't mean he was terrible in it. Sure saying "bub" and delivering cheesy lines sounded terrible at times but not even RDJ can save what Jackman was given. :lol:

And people did not realize that it's been 10 years of crappy XMen films, X1 is 82%, X2 is 87% and 1st Class is 88%. Those are all good films at some point. Others may think it doesn't stand the test of time and that is fine, it was well liked when it came out and plenty still like it today. Don't let NT cloud your judgement because we are a very small population in this forum. Plus there will always someone who hate the film, hell TDK got a lot of flack at the thread on StyleForum, some of them just blasted it and thought it was simply a terrible film and that is probably NTs favorite film, ever (also got 94% on RT).

1. I'm not a casting director, but I'm sure someone is out there. Who would of thought of Hugh in the first place? The actor also doesn't need to actually be the height, they could us camera trick or something to make him shorter or something (hobbit style).

2. Director sucks we know that. Jean dialogue I can see that, but towards everyone else?

3. Tell me Xmen 3 was a good movie........ Has he done are terrible job? No but can it be better? Yes.

I do t care what RT says or movie sales xmen movies have been nothing but fail IMO.

Tell me xmen 3 was a good movie! LOL

1. I'm not a casting director, but I'm sure someone is out there. Who would of thought of Hugh in the first place? The actor also doesn't need to actually be the height, they could us camera trick or something to make him shorter or something (hobbit style).

2. Director sucks we know that. Jean dialogue I can see that, but towards everyone else?

3. Tell me Xmen 3 was a good movie........ Has he done are terrible job? No but can it be better? Yes.

I do t care what RT says or movie sales xmen movies have been nothing but fail IMO.

Tell me xmen 3 was a good movie! LOL

But xmen 3 wasn't as bad as iron man 3 and I'm being serious

Who said X3 was good? Who said Origins was good? No one is defending those films and that is why I didn't mention them. No one said Fox were fail proof (see F4 & Daredevil) but not all XMen films were hated by all, most are actually well liked by most.

And Wolverine was not charming to everyone else, he was even a d*ck to Storm telling her not to get her panties in a bunch in the danger room. He was always rude to the kids, even to Rogue in the first film. He was a douche and disrespected Beast, always disobeying ProfX and just hated Cyclops. I could go on and on really if I re-watch those films. I hate Singer for what he did with SR and I didn't see Jack the Giant Slayer but I liked X1 & X2 and Usual Suspects. X3 was by Rartner.

You don't have to be a casting director, in the past 15 years, you must have seen someone who is 5'3" that can buff up and act as well, I mean this is what you want then give a suggestion. If you can't think of another actor that can do a better job, then your argument is null. An dno, they can't do camera tricks with Jackman, his length and body type won't work for that, he'd look more like a ****** than anything. It has to be someone stocky and ripped with short legs and arms.

But really, you'll just disregard everything I say anyways and say you don't care and all of it sucks but I realized that after typing all those,so oh well. :lol:

Been hearing lots of good buzz about the wolverine all day, the hype is rising. Will try to catch it over the weekend

cut it out people, Hugh is a great Wolverine, the only other actor i always thought since younger would play out Logan, PERFECTLY height and all was Mel, too bad he was born too soon....Lethal Weapon 1 Officer Riggs with a little more mass was literally logan....what a missed opportunity.

View media item 513702

cut it out people, Hugh is a great Wolverine, the only other actor i always thought since younger would play out Logan, PERFECTLY height and all was Mel, too bad he was born too soon....Lethal Weapon 1 Officer Riggs with a little more mass was literally logan....what a missed opportunity.

View media item 513702
Sly? Mr Rambo could of done it perfectly IMO

Back
Top Bottom