The Wolverine - Movie Thread (07/26/13) - Trailers on page 7

Movie was dope :pimp:
Not even an xmen fan, but this movie was better than MOS. (Supes is my favorite)

got me excited for days of future past

Ummm.... that is my reaction to this film. A lot of head scratching and WTF moments, both good and bad.

Need to sleep on this and see how I feel when I wake up.

Take it with a grain of salt but the mid-credit scene is probably the best thing about the film.

The mid credit scene was so dope. Has me hyped for a movie I didn't really care for prior to this. Not looking forward to being in zombie mode at work tomorrow.

Last edited:
Only one

btw correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Wolverine get his bone claws when Magneto stripped him of his Adamantium?

I liked the movie, Viper was kind of cheesy.

:smh: I'll just avoid this one. I'll wait for a reboot with a new actor/vision.

He'll probably be playing Wolverine until he can't walk or just gets tired of it. Sounds like he really enjoys playing the character though.

I like him as Wolverine for the most part, only problem really is his height...other than that physically he fits the part....I also hatedddd it when he called Silvwr Samurai "bub" felt so damn forced and cheeeezy....

Only one

btw correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Wolverine get his bone claws when Magneto stripped him of his Adamantium?

Yes, but through that it was found that Wolverine was actually born with the bone claws, if I'm not mistaken. But yeah, Magneto almost took him out doing that.

Only one

Yes, but through that it was found that Wolverine was actually born with the bone claws, if I'm not mistaken. But yeah, Magneto almost took him out doing that.

X-Men # 25 if I'm not mistaken. Part of the Fatal Attractions crossover.

X-Men # 25 if I'm not mistaken. Part of the Fatal Attractions crossover.

I remember having that comic now...

as strong and dope as Logan is, So long as he has Adamantium he might as well be magnetos puppet...dude OWNS him

I still do not get the hate on Hugh as Wolverine, dude is an Oscar caliber actor and this might just be his best Wolverine portrayal yet. As KSteezy said, his height is really the only thing that isn't accurate but I really do not want to see the hero in the film to be shorter than the chicks he saves. I mean it looks really awkward when Jennifer Lawrence towers over Hutcherson in Hunger Games, even in the red carpet, it just looks wrong. I mean really, Wolverine is supposed to be what, 5'3"? Even RDJ and Tom Cruise aren't that short. :lol:

As for the movie, after sleeping it off, the movie didn't really have that comic book feel to it. It felt like watching a mans adventure and he happens to have healing powers and claws. Overall, it is a good film and it probably has the most character development and that is a good thing considering this is the 5th Wolverine film (6th if you include 1st Class). Hugh wouldn't win any Oscars for his acting but he really delivered a good performance as Logan/Wolverine.

Movie isn't perfect and I can see it getting a love or hate relationship with the audience. I do suggest you go see it and judge for yourself. It is a stand alone film minus the mid-credit scene and much better than Origins.

Now for some spoilers...

There were a lot of WTF moments that I did not like and felt like it needed to be touched on. First off, Wolverine is a mutant so how does a mechanical bug in his heart slows down or remove his powers? This needed to be explained. The same with how Yashida intended to take Wolverines healing power, how does drilling through his sliced up adamantium claws give healing powers? I assume it is sucking up Wolverines dna but I am not really sure but event then, why does he has to drill through the adamantium? Is the dna inside the bone the only thing that gives Wolverine his powers?

Then Logan activating SilverSamuraiBots sword when he used two hands, why and how does that happen? And why didn't he slice him up into pieces after cutting the head off? Instead he tackles him so they both fall to the bottom floor. Just a head scratcher there.

There a few more that you really have to stretch and let go to enjoy the film but those just stuck to me that it felt it needed a minute of explanation.

I also wish there was more traditional Silver Samurai, that SSBot was just meh. I really wish they delved more into SS instead of just being touched on.

And losing his adamantium claws was also so-so, felt like Fox just wanted to show off bone claws, which also felt like a stretch because it just grew out of nowhere. I mean the remnant of the adamantium claw was still inside him but these bone claws just pops right out over it? Just one of those stretch your imagination and move on type of deals.

Ending was a bit underwhelming, could have ended better. Also felt like they left it open for another stand alone film that happens before DofP with the 2 year gap and him having access to a jet w/ Yukio on his side, they probably are planning another solo adventure with him later on.

All these complaints are passable though, they aren't as horrid as Origins WTF moments.

Not a WTF moment but Wolverine is a horny dude, every time he had a dream/hallucination with Jean, she is on her nightie. Not complaining because hey, it is Famkes/Jeans bewbs on the big screen but it just seems weird he sees her that way when he is sleeping and it was kind of distracting at time. :lol: And when she was saying goodbye to Logan in the end and she said she is all alone, I wanted to say Cyclops is there with you b*tch! If she opened that there in the end and then Cyclops was standing to greet her, I would have marked so much!

They also better explain how ProfX got his body back. Some are saying in the end credit of X3, that the body he transferred his mind to was his twin so that could explain it. I found it funny that dude had to weave around the people he froze to get to Logan. :lol: I was hoping he finally had the hover wheel chair too, would have taken that mid-credit scene to the next level.

can someone spoil me with the end credit scene...................................

The post-credits clip in The Wolverine begins with the Bollywoodesque time stamp of ‘Two years later.’ Hugh Jackman is at an airport, going through the security checks before boarding his flight. A television screen catches his eye – the news flashing is about the massive technological advances being made by Trask Industries. (For those unaware of the X-Men oeuvre, Trask is the name of Larry Trask, a mutant villain who blames the X-Men for the death of his father.)

Just then, metal objects begin floating around Wolverine. He spins around to come face to face with Magneto, the X-Men villain who had been stripped of his powers in X-Men: The Last Stand, and was only able to move a chess piece at the end of the movie.

Magneto gives Wolverine the endlessly familiar super villain rant: join me or perish in the huge calamity that is coming. Wolverine asks Magneto why he should trust him. Everyone around the duo stands completely still, and Magneto says that he knew Wolverine would be disbelieving, so he brought a friend along with him to prove it.

And then appears Charles Xavier, also known as professor X, who supposedly died in X-Men: The Last Stand. When Wolverine asks Xavier how he is alive, the professor says: “As I told you once before, you are not the only one with powers.”

As far as summer movies go, is this movie better than World War Z? That movie should of been called World War ZZZZZZZZZ, it was so boring.
Also is this a sequel to origins or what?

can someone spoil me with the end credit scene...................................

The post-credits clip in The Wolverine begins with the Bollywoodesque time stamp of ‘Two years later.’ Hugh Jackman is at an airport, going through the security checks before boarding his flight. A television screen catches his eye – the news flashing is about the massive technological advances being made by Trask Industries. (For those unaware of the X-Men oeuvre, Trask is the name of Larry Trask, a mutant villain who blames the X-Men for the death of his father.)

Just then, metal objects begin floating around Wolverine. He spins around to come face to face with Magneto, the X-Men villain who had been stripped of his powers in X-Men: The Last Stand, and was only able to move a chess piece at the end of the movie.

Magneto gives Wolverine the endlessly familiar super villain rant: join me or perish in the huge calamity that is coming. Wolverine asks Magneto why he should trust him. Everyone around the duo stands completely still, and Magneto says that he knew Wolverine would be disbelieving, so he brought a friend along with him to prove it.

And then appears Charles Xavier, also known as professor X, who supposedly died in X-Men: The Last Stand. When Wolverine asks Xavier how he is alive, the professor says: “As I told you once before, you are not the only one with powers.”
that seemed better than when u were explaining the movie :lol:
im a just wait for netflix

As far as summer movies go, is this movie better than World War Z? That movie should of been called World War ZZZZZZZZZ, it was so boring.
Also is this a sequel to origins or what?

Sequel to X3. Haven't seen WWZ but even though this film had more drama than action (there were cool action sequences but they were far in between), it still didn't feel boring. This is why I stated it didn't feel like a regular comic book film but for those missing out on character development in MoS, this film might just be for you.

Also for the action...

Anyone else felt like the ninjas were wasted? That could have been such an epic battle, make an extended 5-7 minutes of slicing up ninjas left and right, really show off that berserker mode but it was cut short and they were gone in that final showdown.

Also for the action...

Anyone else felt like the ninjas were wasted? That could have been such an epic battle, make an extended 5-7 minutes of slicing up ninjas left and right, really show off that berserker mode but it was cut short and they were gone in that final showdown.

^^ that and silver samurai :smh: this coulda moved the movie up in my book

Back
Top Bottom