The Wolverine - Movie Thread (07/26/13) - Trailers on page 7

Also for the action...

Anyone else felt like the ninjas were wasted? That could have been such an epic battle, make an extended 5-7 minutes of slicing up ninjas left and right, really show off that berserker mode but it was cut short and they were gone in that final showdown.

^^ that and silver samurai :smh: this coulda moved the movie up in my book
so the robot was actually ss? :lol:
and there wasnt an actual person? :rofl:

Sequel to X3. Haven't seen WWZ but even though this film had more drama than action (there were cool action sequences but they were far in between), it still didn't feel boring. This is why I stated it didn't feel like a regular comic book film but for those missing out on character development in MoS, this film might just be for you.

Wait , so technically there is two xmen movie universes going on right now? :lol:

There was, Harada actually fought with the samurai armor but not helmet. I don't think it's a spoiler since it was in the trailers. I don't really remember them calling the bot SS though, most people just assume it is. But you have to see it to know what is going on.

Eh....you just gotta see it :smh: (can you do spoilers on mobile?)

Wait , so technically there is two xmen movie universes going on right now? :lol:

No just one, right now at least. This new wolverine film takes place after X3 and origins takes place before the xmen trilogy. Because of all the inaccuracies though I just pretend that movie is in another universe :lol:

Sequel to X3. Haven't seen WWZ but even though this film had more drama than action (there were cool action sequences but they were far in between), it still didn't feel boring. This is why I stated it didn't feel like a regular comic book film but for those missing out on character development in MoS, this film might just be for you.

Who really knows at this point. X1-X3 plus this film is it's own universe, Origins is god knows what and 1st Class is it's in own world too. DofP will connect all of them together and try to make sense of it all. Chances are, there will be a lot of things you need to ignore or forget to make sense of it all or it'll do what Star Trek did and that by changing the past, the future becomes different type of deal and that might explain the inconsistencies.

It was suppose to be but they figure it could be bridged and that'll get more interest from the audience. I don't think it was originally made to be part of DofP.

1st Class was also intended to be a Magneto solo film as well (or at least that was the original plan) and then it evolved into an XMen film.

Last edited:

Eh....you just gotta see it :smh: (can you do spoilers on mobile?)

No just one, right now at least. This new wolverine film takes place after X3 and origins takes place before the xmen trilogy. Because of all the inaccuracies though I just pretend that movie is in another universe :lol:
just change ur view

Movie was not that good story wise. The action was nice but they butchered the story of the silver samurai and they had so many ******ed characters. And Jean poppin in and out the movie was stupid as ****...over all I'm not impressed. I begged my girl to go cuz she don't really **** with comic book movies and I kept telling her how live it was gonna be cuz its wolverine and they always try to make him out to be a badass so I'm sure they won't **** the movie up...but yeah 6/10. WEAK

^ ^ ^

If you do not plan on seeing the film and do not care to be spoiled about SS...

Harada does don the SS armor w/o the helmet. The Silver Samurai armor was also explained very briefly in the funeral.

In the film Yashida dies . It turns out that he was inside the SSbot, which is what was keeping him alive and it was also made of pure admantium. This was predictable though.

^ ^ ^

Harada does don the SS armor w/o the helmet. The Silver Samurai armor was also explained very briefly in the funeral.

In the film Yashida dies . It turns out that he was inside the SSbot, which is what was keeping him alive and it was also made of pure admantium. This was predictable though.
every decription u give on the film makes it sound like a ****** movie :lol:
only reason seems like people are giving it a pass is cause its better than the other xmen movies
which i might add isnt hard to do
why didnt they just add the masurama blade(sp?)

Last edited:
^ ^ ^

every decription u give on the film makes it sound like a ****** movie :lol:
only reason seems like people are giving it a pass is cause its better than the other xmen movies
which i might add isnt hard to do
why didnt they just add the masurama blade(sp?)

To be fair, you already came in hating the movie and really do not care to see it by reading all the spoilers so it is hard to convince you otherwise.

What I posted were critics and said that despite it, I enjoyed and liked the film. It doesn't get a pass just because Origins sucked and I still like X1 & X2 for what it is. IM3 did not get a pass because IM2 sucked, hell critics still liked both those films. I mean some are saying the film is awesome and great and I doubt they would say that if they are just giving it a pass, they obviously liked it for what it is.

Really scratching my head about Jean being in this movie.
:lol:
and why is he having dreams about jean and not silver fox?????
he didnt even **** jean?

Silver Fox betrayed him and he got closure in Origins, which is suppose to be what, 20-30 years ago?

Wolverine actually loved Jean and he killed her. He f'n killed her! And this film is set after X3.

Stop letting your hate blind you man. :lol:

Last edited:
Silverfox didn't purposely betray him though. And I wouldn't say he got closure. He didn't even remember who she was when he saw her laying dead.

Why are they trying to push the Jean and Logan love story so hard? I guess they feel the same as the Everything Wrong with X3 vid, **** Cyclops.......

Silverfox didn't purposely betray him though. And I wouldn't say he got closure. He didn't even remember who she was when he saw her laying dead.

Why are they trying to push the Jean and Logan love story so hard? I guess they feel the same as the Everything Wrong with X3 vid, **** Cyclops.......

That's true, some stupid adamantium bullet to the head made Logan forgot, which for some reason the colonel already knew. :lol: Totally forgot that BS.
He did get closure before he forgot though, she apologized and he seemed to have forgiven her and thought she was dead before he charged to the colonel I think.

I don't mind the Jean and Logan thing though, I mean that pretty much ends in this film anyways.

Easily one of my favorite artworks as a kid.
View media item 513169

Last edited:
Really scratching my head about Jean being in this movie.
:lol:
and why is he having dreams about jean and not silver fox?????
he didnt even **** jean?

Silver Fox betrayed him and he got closure in Origins, which is suppose to be what, 20-30 years ago?

Wolverine actually loved Jean and he killed her. He f'n killed her! And this film is set after X3.

Stop letting your hate blind you man. :lol:
in the movie universe how could he loved her? he never even hit not to mention he only knew her a short time
AND she was cyclops
IDK man i couldnt trust a female that would stray so easily from her husband/love of her life
she a garden tool for that and he a sucka for taking his teammates girl :smh:

Back
Top Bottom