The Wolverine - Movie Thread (07/26/13) - Trailers on page 7

I think Ultimates Wolverine is the closest we could get to his comic book costume but w/o the mask, just a black short-sleeve tee with yellow claw strips and black gloves, enough with the beaters.
View media item 330328

something like this would be perfect. its not over the top with the mask but still holds true to his roots

you dudes are a bunch of cry baby's

I'm a bigger Wolverine fan than the lot of you. If they had given him that mask and that comic book costume, no one would have taken him seriously and you cats would have still complained.

All in all I think they did a decent job with wolverine so far...(x-men and wolverine movies) I wish they would have done a better job with sabertooth but whatevs.

And the grey and black x-force outfit would have been cool but it doesn't have a purpose when every other x-men character got the black latex jumpies as well.

since this movie is in the past why don't they just give him the fang outfit he wore back in the day.....looking like a burger on the big screen.

Let them do their thing and then we can judge. Even with the height I say Hugh is an ideal wolverine. Back in the day Wizard had Kurt Russell, patrick swayze and that guy that played casey jones as wolverine.....I think we've come a long way since then.

you dudes are a bunch of cry baby's

I'm a bigger Wolverine fan than the lot of you. If they had given him that mask and that comic book costume, no one would have taken him seriously and you cats would have still complained.

All in all I think they did a decent job with wolverine so far...(x-men and wolverine movies) I wish they would have done a better job with sabertooth but whatevs.

And the grey and black x-force outfit would have been cool but it doesn't have a purpose when every other x-men character got the black latex jumpies as well.

since this movie is in the past why don't they just give him the fang outfit he wore back in the day.....looking like a burger on the big screen.

Let them do their thing and then we can judge. Even with the height I say Hugh is an ideal wolverine. Back in the day Wizard had Kurt Russell, patrick swayze and that guy that played casey jones as wolverine.....I think we've come a long way since then.

there was nothing decent about wolverine origins besides the opening montage

I wish they would have done a better job with sabertooth but whatevs

I thought the Wolverine spin off did Saber quite well tho. Schreiber was incredible in that movie, easily the best part outside the 14 seconds of a real Deadpool we got.

Anybody who says sonething "won't work on screen" needs to shut up and watch 300, watchmen or sin city again. How much of that looked like it'd work on screen? Past movies sucked because they were poorly put together. The whole idea needs to be redone in capable hands

Last edited:

This movie isn't from the past. This is suppose to be set after X3, not Origins.

With it saying theatrical previews out March 29th, safe bet that GI Joe gets this as a preview? :nerd:

Anybody who says sonething "won't work on screen" needs to shut up and watch 300, watchmen or sin city again. How much of that looked like it'd work on screen? Past movies sucked because they were poorly put together. The whole idea needs to be redone in capable hands

300 had a bunch of practically naked, ripped men. Who said it wasn't doable?

Watchmen has a different tone and felt like a noir, fantasy film but the costumes weren't outlandishly colorful spandex 9on the more current versions) outside of Spectre, most of the Watchmen costumes were doable and suppose to be cheesy because that was the style of the comic back in the day and the film was a time piece. I mean seriously, make the costumes like that in the film today and it'll just look out of place.
View media item 330554View media item 330555

Sin City, again not colorful spandex costume so that isn't really in the same realm, costume-wise.

Costume-wise, one of the best jobs they did was Captain America. I like it that they tied his color scheme to the utility of his gear.
View media item 330556

The cheesy spandex Cap costume was well cheesy and just doesn't work but incorportaing the leather and the "A" helmet was a nice touch.
View media item 330557
Overall, it worked because the colors were toned down and darkened a bit. And overall, no matter how you look at it, masks is just hard to pull off. Look at it in Avengers Cap, it still looks ridiculous and adding color makes it too much of a Halloween mask.
View media item 330558

I don't see why we can't at least get the xforce wolverine costume, even thought I would prefer the yellow and blue but would settle for the ultimate 

also I think that was jean grey in the preview

Last edited:
I don't get the love for Shane for TWD playing Wolverine? People only see that one scene as him looking like Wolverine ebcause he is a spitting image of Jackmans version. We already got Jackman, who really does have the muscle definition of Wolverine, just that raw and muscular animal so why seek someone who is just a bootleg version? It's like Tokyo Drift with the bootleg version of Paul Walker.

Seriously, not many actors out there that has the same acting chops and can dedicate to transform or workout as much as Jackman. Let alone a short, stocky ripped dude that can act. No one really comes to mind.
damn lookin at the gifs this makes me wanna go back to gym mode for a good year straight lol. 

damn lookin at the gifs this makes me wanna go back to gym mode for a good year straight lol. 
Real talk, seeing Hugh Jackman or Dwayne Johnson looking good is what motivates me in the gym 
laugh.gif

I've always loved the Silver Samurai. I haven't been keeping up with all the news, but is Sunfire going to be in this movie? Being as though both SS & Mariko Yashida are in it & are half brother & sisters...

Silver Samurai :wow:

Man I wish I had my old comic collection here... Gotta get that shipped one day.

Back
Top Bottom