The word "Gay"

iblink

Banned
It's been twisted into something that expresses distaste. I hear things "Dude that jacket's so gay", and "Dude, you're so gay".Anyone else notice how a word intended to classify homosexuals has turned into sort of a characteristic?

Originally Posted by iBlink

It's been twisted into something that expresses distaste. I hear things "Dude that jacket's so gay", and "Dude, you're so gay". Anyone else notice how a word intended to classify homosexuals has turned into sort of a characteristic?
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad late if you're just making this realization now

I'm mad you felt the need to make a thread about this like it's a recent occurence. "Did anyone notice?" Really?!?!

It may not be right, but its certainly not news.

SMH.

i didnt even want to touch this one....but here it goes

heterosexuals see "gays" homosexuals as bad which became negative, then it started being that anything bad was/is "gay"

Originally Posted by CrimsonCloudAttire

I'm mad you felt the need to make a thread about this like it's a recent occurence. "Did anyone notice?" Really?!?!

SMH.

Forgive me for not being surrounded by people who use the term often.
grin.gif

You guys try so hard to shut other people down, just take it easy buddy.

i use that word, but I'm not dissing the homosexuals though, if I see a guy wearing a tight jacket with fur around its neck I'm gonna say that look gayor if a dude touch this other guys $%% and they're not playing sports then I'm gonna say that was pretty gay.

you realizing this as late as Fall 2008 is gay, people been using the word in that context for 15 years now.

there have been some new ads about the use of the word "gay."� It's a nice initiative I think.� they are kind of funny.

SMH.
QFT

i call things gay all the time..dont feel bad about it.. i was told i'm supposed to tho
grin.gif

IluvJordanXI wrote:
i use that word, but I'm not dissing the homosexuals though, if I see a guy wearing a tight jacket with fur around its neck I'm gonna say that look gay or if a dude touch this other guys $%% and they're not playing sports then I'm gonna say that was pretty gay.

Why's being an athlete a valid excuse?

And how does a jacket seem gay? There's no gay department in clothing stores.

And don't go getting butt hurt by me questioning your argument, as the typical Nter would, I'm genuinely curious.

People just like to flip things.
A word can go from meaning "happy", to being a "group of people", to being something thats "negative".

That's sadly just the way it is. You and I may not agree with it, but unless the masses do the same thing and people actually make an effort to stop usingthe term in that manner, nothing will change.

LLC Money wrote:
iBlink wrote:

SMH.

grin.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
Dude is right though...this is nothing new what so ever. Hell I'm mid 20's and this was the norm when I was in high school. And gay wasn't a term used to describe homosexuals originally. I mean are you also mad/surprised that people use "dumb" "crazy" or "stupid" to describe goodness as well?

I know the dude has a point. I'm very well aware that this is nothing new, but the way he tried to style in his response wasn't called for. Just seemslikes dudes try anything to ether someone's eCareer, but I digress.

And I'm planning on addressing that one in my next thread.

I guess people where your from dont talk like that. Out here they do. I always use the word gay when I'm talking about something not being right orsomething that is stupid. Like..."Oh that shirt is hella gay". Something like that. Not even thinking about homosexuals.

Now, when my friend or somebody is acting like that. I tell them they're acting gay. Its just how it is.

Originally Posted by LLC Money

Originally Posted by iBlink

LLC Money wrote:
iBlink wrote:

SMH.

grin.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
Dude is right though...this is nothing new what so ever. Hell I'm mid 20's and this was the norm when I was in high school. And gay wasn't a term used to describe homosexuals originally. I mean are you also mad/surprised that people use "dumb" "crazy" or "stupid" to describe goodness as well?

I know the dude has a point. I'm very well aware that this is nothing new, but the way he tried to style in his response wasn't called for. Just seems likes dudes try anything to ether someone's eCareer, but I digress.

And I'm planning on addressing that one in my next thread.
laugh.gif

I'm not mad at you sir, I just didn't see it as him "trying to style" I thought dude was just making a pretty obvious statement in relation to how he felt on the subject. But do you I guess....

Thank you man. Somebody gets it. Like I have something to gain from "shutting down" some random person on NT. I was just stating thatits a ridiculously old turn of phrase.

Eh, I've been saying it since I was in elementary school and I'm 26.

If it bothers people oh well.

Back
Top Bottom