THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers have a road back to back in Denver/Utah. That's TOUGH. Boston lost to Denver at the end of a 5 game trip. There's too much nuance involved to just look at it in black and white
Well, yes, surely we can all take circumstances into account. I'm simply saying LAL hasn't proved anything to suggest much. You can say the same thing about Houston, I wouldn't argue it. December should be a barometer for LAL

They are 5th in the league in Defensive Rating over the last 10 games. Lakers 12th.

Russ is an issue. Especially against teams like the Clippers who can really lock down defensively on the perimeter. For now, in the REGULAR SEASON, I am willing to bet on what Harden can do with the team.

Who have the rockets played in the past 10 games? Were those teams at full strength? Did Houston's defense shut them down of were they just missing wide open shots? Are the Lakers missing key defenders in the past 10 games? That's the type of stuff I'm talking about

Well, yes, surely we can all take circumstances into account. I'm simply saying LAL hasn't proved anything to suggest much. You can say the same thing about Houston, I wouldn't argue it. December should be a barometer for LAL

You can say that but when you watch the games you can see how dominant the Lakers defense is at full strength. When I watch Houston they give up a ton of good looks and teams haven't been making them pay, I haven't seen them play lockdown defense. The way both teams defended Chicago for instance is night and day. And that was the end of a 3 game trip for the Lakers compared to the start of a two game trip for Houston. That type of stuff

You can say that but when you watch the games you can see how dominant the Lakers defense is at full strength. When I watch Houston they give up a ton of good looks and teams haven't been making them pay, I haven't seen them play lockdown defense. The way both teams defended Chicago for instance is night and day. And that was the end of a 3 game trip for the Lakers compared to the start of a two game trip for Houston. That type of stuff
If they play lockdown defense against Denver, healthy Utah, LAC, MIL, etc. then good. Until then, the lockdown defense on who they've played doesn't prove much. Unless Memphis, OKC, Spurs, Kings without Fox/Bagley are going to be opponents deep into the playoffs

Still a lot to prove for LAL. They were held to less than a point per possession against Utah without Bojan (and it was only the second game of the season). They were down by 20 or so against Dallas. Not going to hold losing against LAC against them since it was the first game of the year, but they didn't have Black Paul

If they excel against the other west playoff teams, cool. But right now there's not enough evidence to suggest exactly how they'd fare in a series against the west's best

Fools gold.

I’d be surprised if the Clippers dont make another move at the deadline they have a lot of mid size contracts .

Houston has always made trade deadline moves.

I like how well Jeff green and mudiay are playing.Tony Bradley has really impressed me too.

It sucks that Conley has been inconsistent and the trade for him took away most of Utah’s depth. But yea, I agree with everything you’re saying
Ingles is taking less corner 3's which could be a symptom of what's ailing him. Maybe taking on the backup point guard role is hampering his ability for himself to get to his sweet spots of shooting. Mudiay is of one mind and that's to score. It's not a bad thing necessarily, but nobody is really getting Ingles in good position

The Jazz have been I believe the worst 2nd quarter team all season. It's a clear sign that their production goes to **** when the starters go off the floor

Bradley was struggling very much up until tonight, he was a liability. Hopefully Davis gets back soon but even then I worry about their ability to rebound whenever Rudy is off the floor. Davis wasn't exactly doing a great job either

Green and Mudiay are scary types to depend on, if Ingles is the Ingles we know then Green, Mudiay and Davis being the 7-9th best players is much more manageable. Overall I have high hopes for this team

I’d be surprised if the Clippers dont make another move at the deadline they have a lot of mid size contracts .

Houston has always made trade deadline moves.

They traded away all of their 1st round picks for like the next 5 or 7 years in the PG trade. No assets to give up in a trade without giving up Lou Will, Montrez, or Harkless which would be the only players other teams would be interested in any trades.

They won't be in the running to get Iggy also. Most team GM's know he's going to the Lakers eventually and Rob Pelinka was his agent in the past before becoming the Lakers GM.

Can't wait to see NT'ers and other fan bases cry "Tampering" when Iggy is in the purple & gold.

They traded away all of their 1st round picks for like the next 5 or 7 years in the PG trade. No assets to give up in a trade without giving up Lou Will, Montrez, or Harkless which would be the only players other teams would be interested in any trades.

They won't be in the running to get Iggy also. Most team GM's know he's going to the Lakers eventually and Rob Pelinka was his agent in the past before becoming the Lakers GM.

Can't wait to see NT'ers and other fan bases cry "Tampering" when Iggy is in the purple & gold.
Shamet, JaMychal , Zubac all have takers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom