THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A pitcher can strike out every batter he faces. His team still has to score. A batter can homer every time hes up. His pitching still needs to prevent runs. A qb can throw a td every possession. Hes not playing safety as well...
Do u get it yet or do u need me to explain further?
That's my point........

Right. So things shouldn't fall on one player which happens much more often in basketball than other sports.
They shoulder more responsibility than athletes in other sports when it comes to winning. That's why they get killed when they lose and praised more when they win.

It's really noticeable when a star player isn't doing their part in basketball. Especially if that star is one dimensional or otherwise flawed. It takes a lot to be a complete, winning player. That's why they get elevated to a different tier

I do not agree with that. A quarterback shoulders way more responsibility. Especially in today's era of football.

The point is that for whatever reasons you want to give, other sports do a good job of saying "this guy deserves credit even if he didn't win". Basketball if you don't win a lot of times your contributions are rendered meaningless

In that respect... Yes I think winning is over rated.

The point is that for whatever reasons you want to give, other sports do a good job of saying "this guy deserves credit even if he didn't win". Basketball if you don't win a lot of times your contributions are rendered meaningless

In that respect... Yes I think winning is over rated.
That isn't true and even if it was that doesnt mean winning is overrated lol. AI 01 bibby 02 kidd 03 lebron 15 all examples of guys who came up short but were praised heavily for their efforts.

I think somebody criticized your favorite and that's where your feelings on this are really coming from. "But they dont get called out in baseball or nfl" different sports buddy the nature of the game is just different therefore the critics may be as well.

That isn't true and even if it was that doesnt mean winning is overrated lol. AI 01 bibby 02 kidd 03 lebron 15 all examples of guys who came up short but were praised heavily for their efforts.

I think somebody criticized your favorite and that's where your feelings on this are really coming from. "But they dont get called out in baseball or nfl" different sports buddy the nature of the game is just different therefore the critics may be as well.
Lol my three favourite players of all time are Tim Duncan, Steph Curry, and Kawhi Leonard. All they have done is win. If anything one would expect me to hold the opposite opinion

imagine 17-7-2 being mvp worthy lol. Imagine 17 pts getting you into the top 10 in scoring :lol:

euroleague cheeks.

Luka won MVP there averaging 16-4-4.

EuroLeague playing style is just much different and guys don’t play huge minutes the way they do in the NBA.

i write copy for a living. Seeing things like this makes me so mad I don’t work in the NBA :lol:

Now that I think about it, based on the content of speeches he’s given, wouldn’t surprise me if Uncle Steve himself came up with “Snarl over style”.... seems like him:lol:

I do not agree with that. A quarterback shoulders way more responsibility. Especially in today's era of football.

brady plays one end of the field. montana. naimath. marino. brees. favre. etc to infinity. One side of the field.

brady plays one end of the field. montana. naimath. marino. brees. favre. etc to infinity. One side of the field.
But in football you're not doing anything without a competent QB. The one side of the field thing really doesn't carry that much gravity basketball defense is still very team oriented. The quarterback is the fulcrum of a football team full stop. You legit can't win without a good one.

But quarterbacks get so much praise/blame. Doesn’t that go against your argument.
Not necessarily. They'll get passes in certain cases that basketball stars simply do not get. Aaron Rodgers never won and they'd still call him one of the GOATs and were doing such before he even won. Dan Marino same deal. That would NEVER happen in basketball ever. Guy being heralded as top 5 or whatever with no chip? Not in basketball.

Luka won MVP there averaging 16-4-4.

EuroLeague playing style is just much different and guys don’t play huge minutes the way they do in the NBA.
they load managing over there too ???
and here i thought they went hard in the paint, even in practice

But in football you're not doing anything without a competent QB. The one side of the field thing really doesn't carry that much gravity basketball defense is still very team oriented. The quarterback is the fulcrum of a football team full stop. You legit can't win without a good one.

Trent Dilfer and his Super Bowl ring would like a word...

But generally speaking you’re right. There have been a just a few exceptions where teams with average quarterbacks won the Super Bowl.

Euroleague play is beautiful compared to the iso garbage we see here. Players here lack fundamentals that their talent and athletic ability sort of cover up most nights.
Careful.
Andrew Wiggins might mess around and become The best to ever to it over there:lol:
Andrew Wiggins inability to display any singular basketball skill would make it difficult for him to even get on the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom