THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Portland was never going anywhere with Dame and CJ, was foolish to lock both them up with those contracts.

Wall shoulda never got the deal he got too, but that's just because he didn't deserve it :smh:

Just some really unfortunate timing for Dame and CJ. Beginning of their primes was in the Warriors era and there was nothing they were going to be able to do to beat them. In that time, their front office made some really stupid signings that made things even worse.

Now, in a year with the Warriors out, they got decimated by injuries, and 2 really good teams were formed in LA, on top of having to worry about the Rockets, Nuggets, and now Dallas moving forward.

Sucks.

I don't really think that's bad timing. They're just not that good. They'd never be in the conversation for best team of any season regardless.

I think this was Bron absolute peak. I don't think he's this guy anymore. Even if he swears he still feels 19 or whatever weird **** he be on. He was godly in 18. It came at a cost though. Been frail and unreliable ever since.

Nope. Peak him was Miami. This was Bron with a decent group of flawed vets (Love, Hill, Korver, TT) against babies (Indiana, Boston - no Kyrie, and the Casey-Derozen raptors). And him having to take a bigger offensive load that was good enough to squeak by that Indiana team and go to 7 with that Boston team. This Bron conserved defensive energy and hustle for offensive energy. Not him at his best.

2012-2016 Bron was him at his peak. Otherworldly player.

Furkan Korkmaz 3P% by month
Oct: 28.6% on 1.0-3.5 threes per game
Nov: 37.7% on 1.9-5.1 threes per game
Dec: 44.4% on 1.5-3.5 threes per game
Season to date: 39.0% on 1.7-4.3 3s/game

if korky can keep them december #s up it will get interesting for his role with the team.. I WANT HIM SHOOTING 4 A GAME NOTHING LESS

add in his floater from time to time and he can be a nice helper

No offense, but there are tons of reasons why the point this guy was making is hogwash. But ok
Posting up would change the entire meta of the Dallas offense, which by last check was ranked pretty high. KP needs to get his shot back much more than he needs to post up

There is also a difference between getting points in the paint and posting up, which the former I’m all for

I don't really think that's bad timing. They're just not that good. They'd never be in the conversation for best team of any season regardless.
Yeah and that's fair too obviously. Don't really see any team winning now without an elite wing.

I do think they would've been really good with Nurkic/Collins/Hood healthy and a Whiteside/Bazemore trade for something useful though. Don't see why they couldn't be a top 4 seed.

Yeah and that's fair too obviously. Don't really see any team winning now without an elite wing.

I do think they would've been really good with Nurkic/Collins/Hood healthy and a Whiteside/Bazemore trade for something useful though. Don't see why they couldn't be a top 4 seed.
Yea they shouldn't be this bad and could still potentially make the playoffs. But nobody says it's unfortunate that Kobe had to go against Duncan's Spurs or vice versa because they're pretty much on the same level. It's the same excuse people use for Harden. Guys like Dame and harden are all time greats but they're just not on that top tier level, Dame has had his postseason clunkers himself.

Seeing him lose to the Spurs in the finals was the best basketball I'd ever seen in my life

Jawan Howard face. Like, “This ***** here :smh::rofl:

3E73BFF1-F924-4A9E-8D09-656576D485ED.jpeg

Yea they shouldn't be this bad and could still potentially make the playoffs. But nobody says it's unfortunate that Kobe had to go against Duncan's Spurs or vice versa because they're pretty much on the same level. It's the same excuse people use for Harden. Guys like Dame and harden are all time greats but they're just not on that top tier level, Dame has had his postseason clunkers himself.
Anything they would've been able to do with a healthy roster still would've been an outside shot.

Dame and Harden have definitely had their postseason clunkers, but I think it does need to be noted that they are clearly overmatched and fighting an uphill battle when playing the KD/Klay/Curry Warriors. Feel like it's hard to knock them too much when their teams aren't really supposed to have a shot at winning.

If they were on teams that were even, of course nobody would say it's unfortunate. Similar to the Spurs/Lakers like you noted.

Anything they would've been able to do with a healthy roster still would've been an outside shot.

Dame and Harden have definitely had their postseason clunkers, but I think it does need to be noted that they are clearly overmatched and fighting an uphill battle when playing the KD/Klay/Curry Warriors. Feel like it's hard to knock them too much when their teams aren't really supposed to have a shot at winning.

If they were on teams that were even, of course nobody would say it's unfortunate. Similar to the Spurs/Lakers like you noted.

I probably just have a different perspective on that. I feel like the cream rises to the top one way or another. The best players find themselves on the best teams by hook or by crook. Every time I hear Dame talk he's like..I love it here in Portland, why would I leave? CJ is my brudda, yada yada. A guy like Kobe was gonna raise hell and embarrass and shame the organization into putting talent around him and demand his teammates to work as hard as he did. Mike was the same way. And then great role players (Artest, Rodman etc) gravitate to them and want to be in their orbit.

Dame just flat out aint on Steph's level. Harden's style is only suited for guys who are willing to stand there and watch him dribble, for most of his time in Houston he's had teams that perfectly complement him. They are the kinda guys who can only win as 2nd options. To me there's very few if any players in history who were good enough to win as #1 options and just had tough luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom