THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably just have a different perspective on that. I feel like the cream rises to the top one way or another. The best players find themselves on the best teams by hook or by crook. Every time I hear Dame talk he's like..I love it here in Portland, why would I leave? CJ is my brudda, yada yada. A guy like Kobe was gonna raise hell and embarrass and shame the organization into putting talent around him and demand his teammates to work as hard as he did. Mike was the same way.

Dame just flat out aint on Steph's level. Harden's style is only suited for guys who are willing to stand there and watch him dribble, for most of his time in Houston he's had teams that perfectly complement him. They are the kinda guys who can only win as 2nd options. To me there's very few if any players in history who were good enough to win as #1 options and just had tough luck.

How many chips would Steph have if he and Dame switched teams the last 6 seasons?

Not saying Dame is same tier but only so much you can do by yourself

Dame just flat out aint on Steph's level. Harden's style is only suited for guys who are willing to stand there and watch him dribble, for most of his time in Houston he's had teams that perfectly complement him. They are the kinda guys who can only win as 2nd options. To me there's very few if any players in history who were good enough to win as #1 options and just had tough luck.

You can have a team that perfectly compliments you and still be undermanned against a team with Steph, Klay, KD, and Draymond.

How many chips would Steph have if he and Dame switched teams the last 6 seasons?

Not saying Dame is same tier but only so much you can do by yourself

That's what I'm getting at. Call it fate or the cosmos or whatever but Steph is a better player than Dame and consequently found himself on better teams. Even pre KD Steph's #2 was Klay and it's like people forget how inconsistent Klay was. Or it's like why did a guy like KD choose to team up with Steph and not Dame? I know it's more nuanced than I'm making it seem but I'm kinda looking at it holistically and to me the best of the best win rings, period.

I don't want to get into perimeter bias here but wing backcourt players and wings just have to do more and Bron was doing it all.

Perimeter bias for sure :lol:. Shaq warping the court don’t show up in the stat sheet...or putting his team in the bonus for an entire quarter, or being a great passing big or running the floor and opening up lanes for shooters or protecting the rim.

It’s a different kind of value. I agree tho. Prime Bron is up there with some of the most dominant players for a stretch. Jordan, Shaq, Bron, Steph as far as pure dominance over the course of a period of time.

Whats the word on yannis and brogdon tn

Philly -3 kinda interesting.

it is very esp 1H at -1 but....

Philadelphia are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Orlando.
Philadelphia are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 games against an opponent in the Southeast division.

something tells me they dont show up once again but i think ima fall for it and lock it in

You can have a team that perfectly compliments you and still be undermanned against a team with Steph, Klay, KD, and Draymond.

I'm not expecting people to agree with me. I can't look at the way Harden's teams lost and give him the benefit of the doubt. We don't have those type of narratives about Jordan, Duncan etc because they were truly that good. Guys like Barkley and Harden are the types we talk about being unlucky to face better teams/players. It is what it is

it is very esp 1H at -1 but....

Philadelphia are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games when playing on the road against Orlando.
Philadelphia are 2-9 ATS in their last 11 games against an opponent in the Southeast division.

something tells me they dont show up once again but i think ima fall for it and lock it in
Nah nah take that negative energy elsewhere pitz

Im in, your boys better show out

I'm not expecting people to agree with me. I can't look at the way Harden's teams lost and give him the benefit of the doubt. We don't have those type of narratives about Jordan, Duncan etc because they were truly that good. Guys like Barkley and Harden are the types we talk about being unlucky to face better teams/players. It is what it is

that's fine, but understand how ridiculous of an argument you're making.

A team of James Harden, Chris Paul (5 games), Trevor Ariza, Eric Gordon, and PJ Tucker pushed a team with Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, and Draymond Green to 7 games. One team had 2 of the top 5 players on the planet at the time and 3 of the top 5-10 shooters of all time on it. The other had Trevor Ariza, Eric Gordon, and PJ Tucker. This isn't about benefit of the doubt. This is about casting aside narratives and realizing one team is overwhelmingly better than the other.

Where KD here?

And this ain’t a knock on Lillard. He’s my guy. Steph Curry is just a better version of him, by a noticeable amount. They do similar things....and those things Steph does better at like a 5% margin. On top of that...he does **** dame doesn’t do or mastered yet like moving without the ball, setting screens, shooting off the catch, drawing crazy attention etc. That’s the part that doesn’t show up in roster construction.

Like BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE said....cream rises to the top.

that's fine, but understand how ridiculous of an argument you're making.

A team of James Harden, Chris Paul (5 games), Trevor Ariza, Eric Gordon, and PJ Tucker pushed a team with Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, and Draymond Green to 7 games. One team had 2 of the top 5 players on the planet at the time and 3 of the top 5-10 shooters of all time on it. The other had Trevor Ariza, Eric Gordon, and PJ Tucker. This isn't about benefit of the doubt. This is about casting aside narratives and realizing one team is overwhelmingly better than the other.

Yea and look at how they lost to that team. They didn't go out like an all time great team losing to another all time great team, they went out like some hos. You talk down on Harden's teammates but like I said, they were perfect for him the same way Steph's teammates were perfect for him. Look at Draymond without Steph this year. It's partly because of Steph that a guy like him is held in such high esteem in the first place. I'm not hearing any excuses for the rockets after they choked when KD went out, that should've ended all that nonsense. That right there should've proved that a Harden led team just aint good enough

Last edited:
Little Steve is better than Dame, and Klay is much better than CJ. No surprise that the Blazers lost. No one would have predicted them to win in the first place.

they were actually predicted to beat them this past playoffs lol. With no kd, they figured things were even. Especially with the run Portland was on.

They figured Dame > Curry and Cj > Klay.

They miscalculated the starboys tho :lol:

Players requesting trades left and right.

Dedmond was actually a serviceable Center, Sac ruined him. Don’t blame them though, too much young depth.

they were actually predicted to beat them this past playoffs lol. With no kd, they figured things were even. Especially with the run Portland was on.

They figured Dame > Curry and Cj > Klay.

They miscalculated the starboys tho :lol:
Hell no they weren't :lol:

They were absolutely not favored over the Warriors who just beat the Rockets without KD in those last 2 games.

Rockets not being able to beat the Warriors last year is also an indictment on Harden for sure. Don't really feel like that can be argued.

Players requesting trades left and right.

Dedmond was actually a serviceable Center, Sac ruined him. Don’t blame them though, too much young depth.
Would've been the perfect target for the Celtics, but those fools signed him to a deal at that number for no damn reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom