THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The vid cited that he was like 16th or something in efficiency for guys who posted up a certain number of times

The narrative on him coming in was that he would get shut down by guards, particularly Marcus Smart. So idk
Yeah he definitely looked uncomfortable against that type of player but tbh it’s very difficult for most big men to post up a flopper like Smart. I think he’s even less comfortable since his injury but he could definitely take a slower player in the post back then.

Regarding kp Posting up, he doesn't have to be elite at it. But if opposing teams are going to check him with guards, he has to be able to take advantage. No excuses.

It starts with getting better position
Also have an attacking mindset. That hesitation/passive stuff defeats him before there's even a chance

When Luka was out, he didn't necessarily post up more but he attacked mismatches without a second thought and drove to the rim with much more frequency

It’s not as easy as you think to just take a much smaller defender in the post. Flopping is a common art and nowadays the refs are quick to blow the whistle against bigger players. You need fluidity as well as size.

In terms of KP it sounds like he’s just lost a lot of aggression from fear of re-injury. His problems on the Knicks were more maintaining efficiency and passing well out of double teams but he was always aggressive.

Regarding kp Posting up, he doesn't have to be elite at it. But if opposing teams are going to check him with guards, he has to be able to take advantage. No excuses.

It starts with getting better position
But establishing better position has more to do with the physicality and strength of a player. A shorter player with good lower body strength can have kp struggling to establish position well enough.

OKC being 18-15 definitely the surprise of the season so far
tbh, there was a lot of talk that if they were to keep their team together they could compete for the 8th seed. Folks on NT said it as well

My top 3 surprises in no order

Miami, Dallas, Sacramento (Toronto an honorable mention)

But establishing better position has more to do with the physicality and strength of a player. A shorter player with good lower body strength can have kp struggling to establish position well enough.
then he has to get in the weight room and establish that strength and physicality. i'd prefer that over the excuses made for why he cant/doesnt do it.

i dont even expect him to be hakeem on the block. but i do expect him to "shoot over a chair" when a smaller player is on him. he should get an easy 8-10 points a game when a smaller player is on him.

Haven't heard Chris Paul in any All Star discussion but as of now he probably deserves it over the other 2 Thunder guards. Just looked at their numbers, didn't realize how similar they looked

crazy that he’s outlasted younger PGs like Wall and Russ.

my thunder :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom