THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I saw that the NBA was considering a 79 game schedule? I could get down with that because it doesn't affect the record books too much because nobody plays 82 anyway. And it should eliminate like 3-5 back to backs, basically every 3 games in 4 nights and afford every team a 5 day bye week during the season. I'm cool with that

I thought I saw that the NBA was considering a 79 game schedule? I could get down with that because it doesn't affect the record books too much because nobody plays 82 anyway. And it should eliminate like 3-5 back to backs, basically every 3 games in 4 nights and afford every team a 5 day bye week during the season. I'm cool with that
Get rid of preseason keep 82 games over more weeks

That was just going through my mind. Yeah I guess it is pretty damn tough.

Yeah, I think the only way to really get rid of a lot of the scheduling quirks is to materially reduce the number of games in a season and I’d prefer they didn’t do that.

Maybe it's cuz you guys don't play fantasy (or maybe you do) but it seems like load managing is everywhere
Fantasy?

Pffft we out here in the real world, amel

211Wf2B.jpg

Dame be talking big Spicy about how he’s not joining a super team, about how he doesn’t take any days off, etc.

Meanwhile his team is 7 games below 500 and he spent his summer making a rap album.

bro literally only gets a pass cause he plays in Portland and nobody cares or expects him to do anything anyway.

We would’ve killed Russ if any of his teams didn’t make the playoffs.

There were plenty of people up in arms about 'load management' when Bron was doing it in Cleveland. If the Clips and Kawhi were just up front with it before the season don't think the league would have cracked down on it like they did. But they were willingly deceptive. 'Kawhi is 100% healthy and feeling better than he ever has going into the season" yet he's sitting out b2b a week and a half into the start of the season. It got to the point where the league had to fine them.

I think so. It benefits the player and teams involved in the trade.

It might go against the original intent of the rule but I cant see the players' association allowing a scenario where a player potentially loses out on money because he got traded.
This was my point. The way it's used via trade now is pretty much the opposite of its intent so I was curious what people thought.

People talk about load management because there isn’t anything else to talk about lmao. I’m not even sure who’s load managing other than that Tanking disgrace in golden state.

klaw is legit injured and will be for the rest of his career.

giannis, Lebron, harden, Unibrow, Luka...none of these dudes load manage this year. I guess Embiid has but who cares I’d rather him rest and be healthy for the playoffs.

it’s such a non issue idk why everyone keeps bringing it up.

Dame be talking big Spicy about how he’s not joining a super team, about how he doesn’t take any days off, etc.

Meanwhile his team is 7 games below 500 and he spent his summer making a rap album.

bro literally only gets a pass cause he plays in Portland and nobody cares or expects him to do anything anyway.

Because it takes so long to make a rap album, right?

To his credit Portland hasn't missed the playoffs since his sophmore season

Despite all of the injuries the Injured Blazers have been plagued with, they're 1 game out of the 8th seed

Exactly why are you looking to kill him right now?

Because it takes so long to make a rap album, right?

To his credit Portland hasn't missed the playoffs since his sophmore season

Despite all of the injuries the Injured Blazers have been plagued with, they're 1 game out of the 8th seed

Exactly why are you looking to kill him right now?

Ooooooo, he's "made the playoffs" every year. Woo hooooo.......

And soon he'll be makin 50 million a year on a crap roster with no flexibility and zero chance of winning anything other than a Grammy.

But hey.

I think another thing that needs to be in consideration when you see tenured players, GM's, Coaches etc etc complain about Load management. You got to realize that these guys have been around the league a long time.

So when you see how players played in the 80's/90's/00's and rarely had "load management" it has to annoy you that we have had such medical advances, exponentially more knowledge on injuries, guys spend much more in personal health, traveling & schedules have improved vastly, Hell teams literally prevent coaches from practicing to much in order to preserve players.

And yet here we are & it seems as if players need more rest than ever, despite having a huge advantage on the players from the past in terms of health/maintenance

I completely understand why they are looking at load management as BS :lol:

Huh

dame is having a career year and we know his team had been beat up.

he can talk spicy but he said he understands why Kawhi is load managing.

I think another thing that needs to be in consideration when you see tenured players, GM's, Coaches etc etc complain about Load management. You got to realize that these guys have been around the league a long time.

So when you see how players played in the 80's/90's/00's and rarely had "load management" it has to annoy you that we have had such medical advances, exponentially more knowledge on injuries, guys spend much more in personal health, traveling & schedules have improved vastly, Hell teams literally prevent coaches from practicing to much in order to preserve players.

And yet here we are & it seems as if players need more rest than ever, despite having a huge advantage on the players from the past in terms of health/maintenance

I completely understand why they are looking at load management as BS :lol:
Players are also playing more basketball than ever from a younger age, specializing in basketball early seems to be leading to more injuries, and we seemingly have more data to track the affect of how much they play/practice on their bodies. Are the people in the backgrounds whining about it taking these factors into it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom