THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Clips basically put Kawhi / PG / Pat on Bron and load up with Trez when AD was posting him in the 2nd half daring KCP, Rondo, etc to beat them

think that was a solid preview of how LAC would defend AD in a playoff series

Oh, my bad. History was one of my poorer subjects in school...

My bad. Always assumed lawyers were into subjects involving a lot of reading (i.e. history, etc) :lol:

But yea it's a small section of Teddy Roosevelt's speech. Actually fits Lebron's life pretty well.

Kawhi is getting his 30+ against the Lakers no matter how they choose to defend him at the end of the day.
Who is or who isn't guarding a superstars who are going to get their own regardless is pointless. :lol: Kawhi is one of the 5 best players in the world. He'll get his whether LeBron or Jesus is on him.

He'll get his whether LeBron or Jesus is on him.

Xtv4f-EfQ2x7Pml3U0PNVLw59UwL7KlqGSMq_hzPMhE.jpg

The Clips basically put Kawhi / PG / Pat on Bron and load up with Trez when AD was posting him in the 2nd half daring KCP, Rondo, etc to beat them

think that was a solid preview of how LAC would defend AD in a playoff series

I think they will continue to try this & we'll see how it works.

Two major things i think the Lakers will fix in this situation is
1) I don't believe Lebron will play as poorly as he did in that Christmas day game
2) I don't think there's any way possible Rondo is closing games come playoffs

Like someone said earlier tho, the likelihood of both of these teams looking different come playoffs is very likely so strategies may switch.

I think they will continue to try this & we'll see how it works.

Two major things i think the Lakers will fix in this situation is
1) I don't believe Lebron will play as poorly as he did in that Christmas day game
2) I don't think there's any way possible Rondo is closing games come playoffs

Like someone said earlier tho, the likelihood of both of these teams looking different come playoffs is very likely so strategies may switch.

As for 1 in the 2 matchups so far Bron has been awful. They do have a plethora of bodies to throw at him but mentally he just has played dumb which isn't like him. That has to change.

y’all *****s is really weird with the bron hate. kinda feel like i’m starting to outgrow this site.

man is 35 and y’all expect him to be guarding kawhi and still run one of the best offenses in the league. dude hasnt tried on defense in like 4 years now. we get it already.

your mans a cheese ball. and he food on D. Even the refs know lmaooo

As for 1 in the 2 matchups so far Bron has been awful. They do have a plethora of bodies to throw at him but mentally he just has played dumb which isn't like him. That has to change.

forreal both games dude has went into straight passive mode, just looking disinterested and going through the motions. It's a thing that i've been complaining about for years on here and people defend it because he still ends up with nice numbers... but it has been a thing.

Thankfully I don't think he will have too many of those games come playoff time, and even with him playing like that both games we were in position to win both.

Of course Embiid is missing the Celtics game and who knows how long after that because of a dislocated finger on his ******* off hand. Yes, I know how bad his finger looked. There was zero ligament damage in the MRI, no broken bones. Dude just dislocated a finger and it’s not even on his shooting hand. He should be good to play in a week...this isn’t something that should be an extended absence type of situation. Watch them sit him out for the next month or longer because of this.

I dont get why fans question a teams medical staff when they sit players out. Shouldnt the medical staff and players know more about whats going on.

Its the old school philosophy that pro athletes should “play through pain” unless they literally can’t walk. People having trouble getting over that.

Last edited:
Anthony Davis has a total of 4 points in the 4th Qs of the first two matchups. I’m guessing the Clippers will continue to guard him how they’ve guarded him.

Bron has 13.

Kawhi has outscored both of them combined.

Totally unrelated to the NBA, I just walked by a table of Scientologists offering people “stress tests” and handing out copies of Dyanetics and laughed out loud because I immediately thought about the South Park Scientology episode. I’m immature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom