THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Bill Simmons will keep that same energy he had with OKC for the harden trade, now with Houston mortgaging the future for russ

plus Chris Paul seemingly has trade value instead of OKC needing to attached a 1st to offload him, if that’s what they decided to do
How are those 2 trades even remotely similar?

:lol:

This.

The same reason they rock with #Team MAGA this season.

New-Balance-OMN1s-and-997-Kawhi-2-way-Pack-2.jpg
b5383569ef2de4eaeb5f33acda0fe0d1.jpg

trump-rivers-nets.png
4.jpg

190905172554-03-trump-medal-of-freedom-0905-large-169.jpg

Literally zero principles. As long as it helps LeBron lose.

AMERICA'S TEAM. I've always said that if our PRESIDENT ELECT had a son he'd look like Kawhi.

How are those 2 trades even remotely similar?

:lol:

was it a bad trade, yes

but there have been worse recently, the 1st 2 that come to mind are how Kyrie ended up in Cleveland (who helped them win a championship) and now dame ended up in Portland

right now it looks like the most success Houston would have had with harden is a western conference finals appearance.. dame accomplished that and the thunder did as well after trading james

and now the thunder have a crap ton of assets along with probably being able to move Chris Paul for more, instead of them being stuck with him and his contract .. and if they wanted they could move Steven Adams, who they got because of the harden trade

yes the thunder would have been off with harden.. but it’s not like when/how the lakers got magic

was it a bad trade, yes

but there have been worse recently, the 1st 2 that come to mind are how Kyrie ended up in Cleveland (who helped them win a championship) and now dame ended up in Portland

right now it looks like the most success Houston would have had with harden is a western conference finals appearance.. dame accomplished that and the thunder did as well after trading james

and now the thunder have a crap ton of assets along with probably being able to move Chris Paul for more, instead of them being stuck with him and his contract .. and if they wanted they could move Steven Adams, who they got because of the harden trade

yes the thunder would have been off with harden.. but it’s not like when/how the lakers got magic
I think I'm lost :lol:

Agree for the most part. Brown is a bozo for telling this dude to shoot three 3's per game. Would be like asking Joakim Noah to chuck away.

Hes 6’10 with a 7’0 wingspan and fluidity of a guard.
Decent enough handle so he should be able to play and defend every single position on the court. Like there literally isn’t anything he shouldn’t be able to do with that toolbox.

Being a complete nonshooter hurts him at the 1. Particularly on a team that lost JJ Redick and gained Al Horford. Yes, Brett Brown can absolutely be more creative with his approach AND Ben should try to make strides as a shooter, both statements are true.

daryl morey is his boy, he got a whole ton of roasting his boy he gotta get to
The Harden trade was absolutely moronic and they deserve to get killed for it. They made the finals ahead of schedule and decided to trade 23 year old Harden simply so they could avoid the tax, which I think they ended up going into anyways.

The Westbrook trade is definitely an overpay, but there was obviously a major issue with Harden and CP, and there wasn't really anywhere else to send CP and get something decent in return other than OKC.

AND Ben should try to make strides as a shooter, both statements are true.

It's starts with fundamentals though. Anyone with eyes wouldn't implore someone who shoots like that to keep doing it during a game. All it does is hurt the team. You wouldn't tell a child to do front flips before they can do a somersault.

The Harden trade was absolutely moronic and they deserve to get killed for it. They made the finals ahead of schedule and decided to trade 23 year old Harden simply so they could avoid the tax, which I think they ended up going into anyways.

The Westbrook trade is definitely an overpay, but there was obviously a major issue with Harden and CP, and there wasn't really anywhere else to send CP and get something decent in return other than OKC.

I agree it was bad trade, however my issue with Bill Simmons take on it is the hyperbole of the whole thing

there are other bad trades that have been made that you can argue are worse or on that level.. cavs don’t win or even get bron back without kyrie there.. what is Portland without dame.. plus thunder had injuries that ultimately killed them

but now the future for the thunder is bright partially off of the back of the rockets.. because what do they do if harden opts out as soon as he can to ring chase

It's starts with fundamentals though. Anyone with eyes wouldn't implore someone who shoots like that to keep doing it during a game. All it does is hurt the team. You wouldn't tell a child to do front flips before they can do a somersault.
Reggie’s form wasn’t textbook, Austin rivers, Blake Griffin only recently worked out his kinks, etc

1 or 2 catch and shoot wide open threes per game are in bounds, IMO

Reggie’s form wasn’t textbook, Austin rivers, Blake Griffin only recently worked out his kinks, etc

1 or 2 catch and shoot wide open threes per game are in bounds, IMO

I think you just have way more confidence in his shot than me, which is fine. I just don't see that thing being worked out to the point where it's serviceable without a drastic change in form.

So you have to average 20-10-5 to have an opinion?

perk said what mostly everyone has said or has thought. RUss is the best Thunder player ever! Skip bayliss said this a long time ago. The franchise preferred Russ over Kd.

sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom