THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cute regular season type depth, but Dallas having one real dependable playmaker in Luka hurts. More of a long term thing though, they're ahead of schedule.

At the same time no porzingis has left that defense a mess. Its tough to evaluate the other parts too critically without him but having a secondary playmaker was always the obvious deficiency

EOAlnpdVAAECDaJ

Meh. Wins are wins. Like I said when the Lakers were blowing 20pt leads last week and what not, just get the damn win. These teams aren't factors. Coming to conclusions about good teams playing against bad teams is dumb. Plus, it's the NBA, the warriors gave a game to Milwaukee this week, Memphis is in the 8th seed right now, The Hawks were right there against the rockets this week, you can get hit at any point against anyone.

That's why winning is impressive in the league.

At the end of the day, I'm fine with where we're at. Just get the wins. 27 of 39, I'll take it.
Stacking wins is very important. But even with those wins we could see the issues with the Lakers. Things that they'll have to fix eventually.

Nothing about this past week has you concerned?

Stacking wins is very important. But even with those wins we could see the issues with the Lakers. Things that they'll have to fix eventually.

Nothing about this past week has you concerned?

Health, probably. Anything else, not really. They're turning the ball over a lot, some issues w/containing dribble penetration, Lou Williams is a question mark for me, but I have a hard time caring about those flaws against the Grizz, Knicks, and Warriors. Like when you play those teams really other than the win, (Which they've struggled with tbh) what can you take away?

Really, I just want the two seed and a a healthy squad heading into the postseason.

They've played ONE game this year w/a fully healthy roster. ONE.

5th in ORTG, 7th in DRTG, 5th in Overall net, w/a top 3 win profile in the league? I'll take that.

Meh. Wins are wins. Like I said when the Lakers were blowing 20pt leads last week and what not, just get the damn win. These teams aren't factors. Coming to conclusions about good teams playing against bad teams is dumb. Plus, it's the NBA, the warriors gave a game to Milwaukee this week, Memphis is in the 8th seed right now, The Hawks were right there against the rockets this week, you can get hit at any point against anyone.

That's why winning is impressive in the league.

At the end of the day, I'm fine with where we're at. Just get the wins. 27 of 39, I'll take it.
5th seed coming right up

Just find it hard to really care about what good teams look like when they play bad teams that won't be relevant in the playoffs. What the Clips and Lakers look like against each other and the Rockets/Nuggets/Jazz is really all that matters.

Everything else is just filler. IMO.

Lol Nah, they're schedule is too easy from here on out for the most part. It could happen because of how tight 2 through 6 is and how injured the clips are, but I doubt it.

I don't really think the schedule is that easy tho, especially with how bad they've been on the road. They've been struggling and looking vulnerable against those 'easy' teams. Lots of playoff teams left on the schedule, 5 game roadie coming up. Doc has those same excuses about injuries, practice time etc. They had 4 days off to get some practice in and still came out flat like nothing had changed. These are the dog days of the season tho so we'll see if they turn up down the stretch. This is not a team coming off a deep playoff run tho where you can just dismiss their inconsistencies and say they'll figure it out IMO

Just find it hard to really care about what good teams look like when they play bad teams that won't be relevant in the playoffs. What the Clips and Lakers look like against each other and the Rockets/Nuggets/Jazz is really all that matters.

Everything else is just filler. IMO.

Thoughts on the clippers record against Utah/Houston?

I don't really think the schedule is that easy tho, especially with how bad they've been on the road. They've been struggling and looking vulnerable against those 'easy' teams. Lots of playoff teams left on the schedule, 5 game roadie coming up. Doc has those same excuses about injuries, practice time etc. They had 4 days off to get some practice in and still came out flat like nothing had changed. These are the dog days of the season tho so we'll see if they turn up down the stretch. This is not a team coming off a deep playoff run tho where you can just dismiss their inconsistencies and say they'll figure it out IMO

But like, figure it out? Figure what out? By all metrics they've been really damn good that's what I'm saying :lol:

The struggles on the road are valid, but almost half of their road losses have come w/o either Kawhi or PG. They haven't been healthy, and that is more an issue to me than any bad showing against the warriors or Knicks in January.

They're still tied for the 2 seed w/only 12 losses, and a few of those losses were to like, the suns, bulls, pelicans grizzlies. I'm not THAT concerned, yet at least. 43 games left, half almost are the road so if the road is an issue, we'll see.

Thoughts on the clippers record against Utah/Houston?

They didn't have PG or Kawhi for 1 of those Utah Games

Didn't have PG in the other one that they've won.

We've played Utah w/PG and Kawhi 1 time

We didn't have PG for one of those Houston games

Have gone 1-1 against them w/PG and Kawhi, and in the Loss the clips gave up an 18 point lead.

Them not being healthy is the primary reason why they're the 2 seed if we're keeping it a buck. Clips have a net rating of plus 11 when PG and Kawhi are together, that would be far and away the 2nd best net rating in the league.

But like, figure it out? Figure what out? By all metrics they've been really damn good that's what I'm saying :lol:

The struggles on the road are valid, but almost half of their road losses have come w/o either Kawhi or PG. They haven't been healthy, and that is more an issue to me than any bad showing against the warriors or Knicks in January.

They're still tied for the 2 seed w/only 12 losses, and a few of those losses were to like, the suns, bulls, pelicans grizzlies. I'm not THAT concerned, yet at least. 43 games left, half almost are the road so if the road is an issue, we'll see.
Metrics are one thing but they haven't looked like a cohesive unit for most of the season and especially recently. Even doc has echoed the same sentiment. Health can only be an excuse for so long. If they get bounced in the playoffs it's going to be because they couldn't build any cohesion in the regular season. That's what I mean when I say you can't just dismiss it, you can't just get that missed time back once it's already wasted. None of these other teams are taking the regular season lightly and it will help them prepare for the playoffs. A team like Utah is coming into their own and is gonna be hungry AF after getting bounced in the first for consecutive years. Kawhi hasn't looked great overall in any of those games and we know Joe Ingles still claims Paul George on his taxes. They're tied for the 2 seed but more importantly they're a game out of the 5 seed. That's a thin margin to play with.

Health, probably. Anything else, not really. They're turning the ball over a lot, some issues w/containing dribble penetration, Lou Williams is a question mark for me, but I have a hard time caring about those flaws against the Grizz, Knicks, and Warriors. Like when you play those teams really other than the win, (Which they've struggled with tbh) what can you take away?

Really, I just want the two seed and a a healthy squad heading into the postseason.

They've played ONE game this year w/a fully healthy roster. ONE.

5th in ORTG, 7th in DRTG, 5th in Overall net, w/a top 3 win profile in the league? I'll take that.

Health, lack of playmaking and lou will not being as effective, I kinda saw all of that coming and I think those will continue to be issues.

Lakers are winning but its still apparent that back up pg is an issue that needs to be fixed before playoffs.

I think it would be a mistake to dismiss these games and think this team is fine as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom