THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look...people overreacting to a regular season game again.

Define "over react". It was a good beatdown win against a top 3 team in the league to break a 4 game skid.

I think every Celtics fans here would agree our ceiling isn't that of the Lakers/Bucks/Clippers yet.

You acting like we took the day off from work to pop bottles.

this loss has the same effect on me that the loss against the Magic had.... it's hilarious that somehow a team that is coming off a two week span where they Lost to the Wizards, Spurs, Suns & Pistons...... was thrown in a graphic to suggest the Lakers can't beat "Elite" teams :lol: :lol:

As long as the Lakers are healthy come playoff time i'm good.
This is funny to me

Boston is top 10 offense and defense

Raps are just out the top 10 offense, and 2nd defense. Right behind the bucks and ahead of the lakers, who i keep hearing are some defenaive juggernaut.

🤔

Both raps and celts are top 10 overall, but carry on with your tantrum

This is funny to me

Boston is top 10 offense and defense

Raps are just out the top 10 offense, and 2nd defense. Right behind the bucks and ahead of the lakers, who i keep hearing are some defenaive juggernaut.

🤔

Both raps and celts are top 10 overall, but carry on with your tantrum

Fam if YOU think the Raptors & Celtics are elite teams more joy to you.... I don't, i'm not going to believe that anytime soon & we just gonna agree to disagree :lol:

Remember this feeling, enjoy it.... it will be seldom come May for the next several years.

Bro idk why you’re THIS serious over 1 game. Qing James and the gang lose, and yall lose your ****?!:rofl: :lol:

“seldom”

“next several years”

803E0061-5ED7-4C18-822B-68B9B629A6EE.gif

The NBA station on XM radio is nastee too...That would be my rebuttal to when ppl say that only ex players really know what they talking about :lol: :smh:

facts. I know the media has always controlled the narrative especially before social media, when newspapers etc where the sole voice, but i swear it feels more flagrant today. They blatantly try to rewrite history and nobody really fact checks anything. :smh:

Yesterday was leg day, I went harder than I usually do and my legs felt like jello. Later that night, we had a casual run with 4 teams, I had a dominant big man with me, I wasn't trusting my jump shots because I had no legs, we lost the first three games. We tried to get fancy by trying out pick and roll strategies, back cuts etc...nothing was working.

We then decided that I should shoot the 3 and since we have a dominant big man, we have the rebounding advantage, I started shooting 3s, my % was something stupid like 2/13 or something like that. BUT we won every game because that strategy worked. All I needed to do was to take 3s and it changed their whole defensive scheme. I also ended up getting easy baskets from cuts.

That's when I truly realized Embiid and Simmons can never work together. It was a bittersweet moment. |l

I’ll be surprised if Embiid doesn’t rush himself back to play against the Lakers in primetime this weekend...

Yesterday was leg day, I went harder than I usually do and my legs felt like jello. Later that night, we had a casual run with 4 teams, I had a dominant big man with me, I wasn't trusting my jump shots because I had no legs, we lost the first three games. We tried to get fancy by trying out pick and roll strategies, back cuts etc...nothing was working.

We then decided that I should shoot the 3 and since we have a dominant big man, we have the rebounding advantage, I started shooting 3s, my % was something stupid like 2/13 or something like that. BUT we won every game because that strategy worked. All I needed to do was to take 3s and it changed their whole defensive scheme. I also ended up getting easy baskets from cuts.

That's when I truly realized Embiid and Simmons can never work together. It was a bittersweet moment. |l

You should be shooting as many threes as possible in pickup if they're scored as 2's & 1's

Imagine LeBron playing in a league where the best perimeter players were Clyde Drexler, Gary Payton and... Reggie Miller?, instead of Kevin Durant, Kawhi Leonard and Steph Curry. Well, there was also Scottie Pippen, but he was on Mike's team.

Imagine the Cavs drafting a player of Pippen's caliber 3 years after LeBron entered the league.

Imagine LeBron playing on a team that could win 55 games if he left like the 1993-94 Bulls, instead of 19 games like the 2010-11 Cavs, 37 games like the 2014-15 Heat and 19 games like the 2018-19 Cavs.

Imagine LeBron requiring only winning 30 games to make the playoffs. He would already have 8.000 playoff points!

"Clyde Drexler, Gary Payton and... Reggie Miller"

You just named 3 first ballot, shoe in, hall of famers

Last edited:
The exaggerations in here :lol:

if you’ve ever played basketball it isn’t always the best player that wins the games. Dame could’ve dropped 50 last night and still lost. This ain’t tennis where the better player wins. I’m not talking just about lebron but pretty much any good or great nba player. You put devin booker on the bucks with his exact same stats the media will start calling him a top tier player possibly making an all nba team. Only thing that’s changed was his teammates

LMAOOOO at adding the Celtics & Raptors in here as supposed "contenders" when they were just in a 4 way tie for the 6th seed yesterday :lol:

ALA gets more desperate by the day, let me guess the pot of gold boys were screaming out the window last night with their shirts off?
I see what you did there...

6th seed tie huh? Not the 3rd?

LMAOOOO at adding the Celtics & Raptors in here as supposed "contenders" when they were just in a 4 way tie for the 6th seed yesterday :lol:

ALA gets more desperate by the day, let me guess the pot of gold boys were screaming out the window last night with their shirts off?

Orlando is there too the point wasn’t about contenders :lol: im not saying he plays bad against contenders

Will Cain, Kellerman, Nick Wright, i'm sure i'm missing some too. They all suck. Couldnt watch more than 5 min this morning.

Really tough stretch coming up for the Jazz. They got to beef up their record against a lot of bad teams so far in January. We'll see what they are really made of over these next 3-4 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom