THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything NBA a little funky right now. Rockets with no Harden or Russ beating Utah in Salt Lake.

I'll preface this by saying that my favorite Kobe/Laker season is probably 2012-2013.

When he announced his retirement, I made it a point to read very Players' Tribune post about him. I remember reading 81 by Devin George and I came across this excerpt:

With about six minutes left (we’re still down 12), Kobe drove toward the baseline, just inside the three-point line, and it looked like he was stuck. Mo Peterson was all over him. Kobe pulled out a move I’ve seen in practice a million times.

He makes it look easy, but watch it again. After the shot fake, he’s flat-footed and facing the baseline. He’s lost all his legs on the shot. Most guys wouldn’t have the lift to shoot a normal jumper. And yet he’s able to rise up and hit it with Mo in his face. And he gets the foul.

My mind goes, "where have I seen this before?", and I immediately go back to the Hawks game from the 2nd half of that season:

81uu.gif

The fact that this mother****er went into the lab to add a shot like this to his arsenal - a shot he would only need a couple of times in a 20 year career - was/is just nuts to me. Next level dedication to one's craft.

There will never be another Kobe.

As good as a time as ever to bring this classic back

Me living in the middle east at the time, we didn't have access to proper coaches/ trainers not were there these YouTube vids. This documentary heavily increased my understanding and appreciation for the game, it literally slowed the game down for me and made me a better player.

I cannot emphasize how Kobe made me a better basketball player.

I also have a 2 year old daughter and would always smile when i see Kobe coaching his daughter. When i see them in the sidelines, i think to myself "yeah, that's going to be me and kiki when she grows up" He continued to influence me even after retirement...this still hurts.

Screenshot_20200127-231249.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom