THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes Kobe so endearing is that the whole world saw him grow up from a cocky yout to bonafide champion in all walks of life. He came in the league thinking he was MJ & 20 years later he became his own legend. At the time, many people delighted in his allegations, but for me, it helped to humanize him. While I'm not about to discuss why I think he didn't do what was alleged, I'm glad his public image recovered & he got to inspire the world with the rest of his career. He continued to do so in "retirement."

He cites both MJ's as his inspirations & in that vein, we are alike. Sad to say I feel more connected with Kobe in death, but it really doesn't matter as long as I take what I can from him to become the best version of myself.

I don't know if one can quantify tragedy, but when kids are involved, it hurts even more. His daughter seemed to be blossoming into her own identity and I know greatness was ahead of her.

R.I.P. to all the loved ones lost along with the icon.

I’m on twitter and Roy Hibbert is getting roasted. Idk why but the run he had from 2011-2014 on defense was A1

^^^ For a dude that was portrayed as a kind of a loner for a lot of his life, Kobe sure had a lot of friends...

One of my boys who isn’t that into sports said something similar. I told him from all accounts, it seemed like Kobe was just an ******* if you didn’t put in work on the court. He was special.

B17914B4-8416-4097-B121-1719F9D47259.jpeg

wore scrubs to the office so I could wear some Kobes

I’m on twitter and Roy Hibbert is getting roasted. Idk why but the run he had from 2011-2014 on defense was A1
He was kind of a stiff who just happened to have great spatial awareness around the rim and knew how to take up room in the paint on defense without picking up a lot of fouls, and he ruined the best Knicks team in 20 years :smh: Slander away :lol:

Shared in the la thread.....this is where I came to confirm the tmz article my wife showed me. I’ve been a member here off and on since I was in college. I don’t post as much as you all, but this community really means something to me. To see all the tributes and stories from dudes in here who I know despise the lakers is special.

096A9724-22C8-461A-BA41-AD7DB91A4493.jpeg

Still have this from the only time I saw him play. I was in grad school at the time. Me and my boy drove the couple hours to Memphis. I still remember what I wore, where we ate who we talked to.....I heard from him for the first time in a year yesterday. He didn’t go to work. Neither did I. (I’ve been sick.) Kobe hit a 3 to win that one I think. I remember calling my best friend and telling him Kobe must’ve known we were in the building. :lol::lol: I remember letting my son stay up past his bedtime for kobe’s last game. He is the main reason I’m a big b-ball fan today. I imagine if he never hooped, I would’ve liked someone else and still fell in love with the game, but I don’t see it being the same. Legit thought I was too cool (for lack of a better word) to be as down as a was when someone I never met in person died. From games to interviews, he has provided us all with memories we’ll never forget. I’m still avoiding all the tributes. I’ll watch and read them all later. With that said, forgive me for bringing up old stuff 2 months from now.

R.I.P. to my favorite athlete of all time. Thanks for the memories.

^^^ For a dude that was portrayed as a kind of a loner for a lot of his life, Kobe sure had a lot of friends...
You can be a loner and have lots of friends. One is not exclusive to the opposite.

And we don't know the extent of a relationship, for all I know Kobe had a 30 minute talk gave people pointers and they cherish that moreso than Kobe spreading knowledge.

There are many leaders and everyone would tell you they modeled themselves from a bunch of other leaders and drew inspiration on what someone else would say was totally insignificant.

I don’t blame people for selling Kobe shoes at high price. It’s not like they are selling life necessities you can live without a jersey and sneakers.

I don’t blame people for selling Kobe shoes at high price. It’s not like they are selling life necessities you can live without a jersey and sneakers.

I think the point is they are immediately cashing in off of a tragedy. Folks would like a keepsake piece of memorabilia to remember Kobe and greedy people are going to take advantage of that. It's in poor taste.

I don’t either but I’m gonna need another pair of Del Sol Supreme 7s pretty soon lol

Keeping it a buck, I want the Clippers to win the title that much more now. A team led by some real LA kids who were inspired by Kobe in Kawhi and PG. Dudes got invited to Mamba academy this summer after Jerry West made the trade official. Playing in Staples at that smh...take it how you will but Lebron ain't no Laker man. ***** don't even belong their. Talking about you gonna carry the torch of a man who played his whole career there. Get outta here man. Kobe's legacy will always be about competitive spirit. Lakeshow want the dude running from every challenge repping that? And thats no disrespect to Lebron's legacy of his own but I wish he buy into his own journey more instead of Mike's and now Kobe's...

I looked up Roy Hibbert. Only still 34. I remember him best when he played on the pacers against the Derrick Rose Bulls.

A lot of the the people speaking about him noted that he changed a lot and became more personable towards the later years of his career. Maturing and becoming a man and having a family seemed to have shed that tough exterior off the court & allowed people a better view.

Glad that he was able to realize how much more of an asset he was to the world by sharing his knowledge & work ethic. I don't think that think it's a coincidence that this "switch" happened after he won those other two rings, and proved to the world as a whole that he belonged in the convo.

I’ll just wait til all the hype dies and get me a couple more jerseys and shoes then. I have an adidas game jersey that Ive never worn outside of the house, just slipped it on while watching a few games in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom