THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only Celtics I could ever stand are Jo Jo White , Bill Russell, Larry Bird and the Truth .
You 70 years old?

HugeAdolescentCormorant-small.gif

A lot of people expected the Lakers to underachieve because they thought AD and Bron would be in and out the lineup and it would hurt chemistry. But when all that happens to the clippers they still think they can waltz to a championship :lol:. Yall gotta understand that yes it's possible to win a chip despite all the issues facing the clippers. But it's HIGHLY unlikely and basically never happens. It's more common sense than hate to say they're not contenders. Give them an offseason to work out the kinks and they'll look better next season, maybe
they are contenders though. right now. today.

Here's the thing bro, and we'll just have to agree to disagree. (good chat tho)

You, as well as those other "knowledgeable" folks, more than likely are using the term 'title contender' more loosely than I am.

I see it a lil differently maybe, keeping in mind I'm coming from the perspective of having seen as they happened the entire 80s and 90s rivalries between the Lakers, Rockets, Celtics, Sixers, Pistons and Bulls. Then the Knicks-Heat and Spurs era that coincided with everything else from 2000 on with Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, GSW.

In other words, I've seen a pattern when it comes to which teams are truly contending for a chip.

Imho, every year (for the most part) you got 2-3 real true championship contenders that emerge a little bit past halfway thru the season when most of the teams are starting to form into their own.

This year its LAL and MIL clearly, with Toronto in the mix because they have everyone from their title squad back save Klaw.

Last year it was GSW, Mil, Tor. Year before it was GSW, Tor, with Cle in the mix solely cause of the King. And So on...

The rest are the "playoff contenders" as I like to call em cause of the 3 factors I mentioned that non-championship contenders often lack.
Clippers road record is a product of availability and consistency. Clippers fans and organization feels like that will change in the playoffs and post all star break. Will it happen? Who knows. But nobody can deny that the Clippers are serious title contenders, no matter how you look at it.

I don't care what you think about the Clippers being that you're a Lakers fan. If you feel like the Clippers won't win it, fine. But it's asinine to say the Clippers aren't a first tier title contender, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom