THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you’re thinking the 81pt. game, he did that wearing #8

my money is on this being a playoff game versus the suns
Naw not the 81.

I was thinking the game at home vs Raptors when Kobe brought us back with multiple 3s in the last couple min and we won in OT I believe.

Be patient. Lakers always get their man

1581780772107.png

The talent level, athleticism, and skill of today's and future NBA is just flat out amazing.

You look at Giannis, Luka, Zion, Ja, Trae, Steph, Dame, AD, etc and you see a variety of player-types that just astonish you.

Zion like a Barkley-Lebron clone. Trae got that Steph-Zeke swag to his game and is arguably craftier with the ball than those two. Giannis is a whole new prototype T-1000000 lol. Then you got Luka, who gives me that perfect cross between Magic-Bird.

They get better, faster, stronger and more athletic with each generation and once more and more players learn how to use #mambamentality in their approach to life and to the game of basketball, we will then witness a beauty to the game that's never before been unleashed.

I’d probably trade Green and Kuz for LaVine but I’m not really a LaVine fan like that. He’d prolly play better with Bron & AD but idk he doesn’t play winning basketball to me.

1. The Milwaukee Bucks' first 54 games featured an average margin of victory of 12.11 points. That's the highest such figure since the 1995-96 Chicago Bulls, and it's on pace to be the fourth-best in NBA history.
    It doesn't guarantee the Bucks a ring, but it comes awfully close.
    Of the 11 teams that previously finished a season with a double-digit average MOV, eight wound up winning that year's championship. Even the exceptions to the rule validate the historic status of this season's Bucks.
    The three non-title-winning "disappointments:"
    • A 1971-72 Bucks team that posted the sixth-highest MOV of all time and fell in the Western Conference Finals to the 1971-72 Lakers, who rank first on the list.
    • The 2015-16 Golden State Warriors, who won a record 73 games and owned a 3-1 Finals edge before collapsing under the weight of injury, suspension and LeBron James' brilliance.
    • The oft-forgotten 2015-16 San Antonio Spurs, whose average MOV of 10.63 ranks ninth all-time. They couldn't get past an Oklahoma City Thunder team that held a 3-1 Western Conference Finals advantage on those aforementioned 73-9 Warriors.
  2. If you're beating teams as soundly as Milwaukee did before the All-Star break, history says the only things that keep you from a title are playoff clashes with another historically dominant opponent...or LeBron James.
Based on what you presented here there's a high probability it's going to be Bucks-Lakers in the Finals then.

"Kareem's former team against Giannis' future team." Lol

1. The Milwaukee Bucks' first 54 games featured an average margin of victory of 12.11 points. That's the highest such figure since the 1995-96 Chicago Bulls, and it's on pace to be the fourth-best in NBA history.
    It doesn't guarantee the Bucks a ring, but it comes awfully close.
    Of the 11 teams that previously finished a season with a double-digit average MOV, eight wound up winning that year's championship. Even the exceptions to the rule validate the historic status of this season's Bucks.
    The three non-title-winning "disappointments:"
    • A 1971-72 Bucks team that posted the sixth-highest MOV of all time and fell in the Western Conference Finals to the 1971-72 Lakers, who rank first on the list.
    • The 2015-16 Golden State Warriors, who won a record 73 games and owned a 3-1 Finals edge before collapsing under the weight of injury, suspension and LeBron James' brilliance.
    • The oft-forgotten 2015-16 San Antonio Spurs, whose average MOV of 10.63 ranks ninth all-time. They couldn't get past an Oklahoma City Thunder team that held a 3-1 Western Conference Finals advantage on those aforementioned 73-9 Warriors.
  2. If you're beating teams as soundly as Milwaukee did before the All-Star break, history says the only things that keep you from a title are playoff clashes with another historically dominant opponent...or LeBron James.
Nice find. It’d be a failure to not reach the finals at this point

I’d probably trade Green and Kuz for LaVine but I’m not really a LaVine fan like that. He’d prolly play better with Bron & AD but idk he doesn’t play winning basketball to me.
I think Lavine would thrive and flourish if surrounded by winners and vets.

Ray Allen for years couldn't win with Rashard Lewis in Seattle and with Big Dog Robinson in Milwaukee. Soon as he went to Bos and played next to some hungry winners and vets, next thing you know Allen's game evolves and he wins his ring while still being a threat to score 20-25 nightly.

I would trade Kuz and Green without hesitation, especially if Kuz is mediocre and still inconsistent in this year's postseason.

If Kuz plays lights out and averages 20 while playing above avg D, I think twice about moving him for Zach.

That's what they said when 4 years ago I was telling folks that Bron and Boogie would eventually be Lakers.

Be patient. Lakers always get their man

Nice bro what about the 50 other superstars the Lakers were supposed to get over the last 10 years? That’s what’s up though that you guys were able to get Cousins after three season ending injuries and 35 year old LeBron that came for his post career opportunities. All your assets were drained with the AD trade, Lavine ain’t happening unless it’s as a free agent in three years when LeBron is possibly retired.

Indiana my sleeper team in the East. They the type of squad who can 'upset' a team like Boston or Philly in the playoffs but it wouldn't really be an upset cause Pacers got squad

Nice bro what about the 50 other superstars the Lakers were supposed to get over the last 10 years? That’s what’s up though that you guys were able to get Cousins after three season ending injuries and 35 year old LeBron that came for his post career opportunities. All your assets were drained with the AD trade, Lavine ain’t happening unless it’s as a free agent in three years when LeBron is possibly retired.
And that's why the Lakers have more championships AND trips to the Finals than any other team BY FAR in the modern era.

What if the fact that we signed an older version of Boogie and Lebron to team up with young AD leads to 1 or 2 championships? Sounds like a successful venture to me.

When you're the Lakers, you know you have the goods to consistently deliver chips and build championship teams around your core superstars. History suggest so and it suggests it mightily decade after decade. So why wouldn't you try to recruit every single star you think you can build around?

We may have missed 50 free agents stars, but the ones we dont miss on.....

10 chips in the last 40 years bro. That's a quarter of the time, we win it all. No other team comes close, and that's why the Lakers are The Standard and why everyone else hates us enough...so much so that they create such things as "ALA"

At the end of the day, it's the Lakers and Spurs (not small ball, not GSW, not the Bulls or Celtics) that hold THE true blueprint for sustained championship success.

Which means, if Lavine is on Pelinka's board...there's a good chance Chicago gets persuaded to send him back home because the Lakers have done things like this before

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom