THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced prime shaq would be priority if he played today. Ofcourse he should be but the way these teams are ran nowadays with analytic nerds who think chucking threes is the best brand of the sport I'm not so sure...
“Analytic nerds” also prioritize 2 pointers at the rim. A guy who shoots over 75% at that range and can’t be stopped from getting shots in that range would be the primary option because you’d have to shoot roughly 50% from 3 to match the points-per-shot.

Long story short, Shaq’s style of play transcends time

“Analytic nerds” also prioritize 2 pointers at the rim. A guy who shoots over 75% at that range and can’t be stopped from getting shots in that range would be the primary option because you’d have to shoot roughly 50% from 3 to match the points-per-shot.

Long story short, Shaq’s style of play transcends time
no doubt shaq's unstoppable at any time but the way any bigs who can't shoot threes are almost considered liabilities nowadays I'm not too sure the logic would override the narratives at least initially. obviously no way to tell just a thought..

"Analytics nerds" also praise the people who set screens, dive, and finish at an elite level. Clint Capella for example. Or a guy who's a top tier mid range shooter, Kawhi Leonard or Chris Paul.

It has never been a "threes only" mantra. Shot efficiency is shot efficiency and no one's giving up the buckets that Shaq generates.

"Analytics nerds" also praise the people who set screens, dive, and finish at an elite level. Clint Capella for example. Or a guy who's a top tier mid range shooter, Kawhi Leonard or Chris Paul.

It has never been a "threes only" mantra. Shot efficiency is shot efficiency and no one's giving up the buckets that Shaq generates.
setting screens and diving to the rim is much different than having the whole offense revolve around dumping it into the low post most plays. slows down to game entirely which again if u have shaq or similar low post force certainly isn't a bad thing imo.

Question for the analytics nerds: if I'm an NBA player and I take a lot of time, dribbles and shot attempts to get points on just average percentages, am I efficient? I also take more one point shots than anybody else in the league and it's not close

Question for the analytics nerds: if I'm an NBA player and I take a lot of time, dribbles and shot attempts to get points on just average percentages, am I efficient? I also take more one point shots than anybody else in the league and it's not close
62% TS is elite efficiency

Harden is also better than everyone on the Lakers roster

You need a balance of 2s and 3s. Warriors are an anomaly because they literally had 3 of arguably the 5 best shooters of all time on the same team at once.

Defense still wins championships. Y’all can have as many 30 foot one legged fade-away 3s as you want. This is why I never believe in any MDA coached team.

in·ef·fi·cient
/ˌinəˈfiSH(ə)nt/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
  1. not achieving maximum productivity; wasting or failing to make the best use of time or resources.
    "the government was both inefficient and corrupt"
Shortest distance between a and b is a straight line. Aint gotta be Archimedes to know that. That's basic calculus

Scret sauce szn

xs91v8kfmzn31.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom