THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not getting used to this new NT at all on the desktop. Even after messing around with all the little quirks. On mobile its fine.

There's just too much **** going on. Red boxes everywhere, big *** polls, confusing quotations, push notification bar is my new best friend and doesnt wanna leave. Simple "Like" button was enough, this isnt Facebook for reactions.

Shoulda just kept the last format and added a thread gallery. No idea why we gotta fix things that arent broken.

Don't think I don't see what y'all are doing gassing us up though. So if we lose y'all be like, buh buh buh...how though? How ever did y'all lose with goat n brow?

9dejh.jpg

Was it ever reported of how bad the tear was in KD’s injury?

It was a ruptured achilles. There isn't really a severity in a rupture it's one of those things where it either is torn or it's not. If it was a partial there would be different levels but with a full tear it's just gone. The good thing is that he tore his non dominant leg (right). The only player who was able to come back at a real all star level after an achilles tear was Nique and he also tore his right achilles. Every other guy has torn their dominant one which is used for pushing off and blowing by guys, getting to the rim, etc

Lakers have unquestionably the most talented duo out of everyone and I can’t imagine all of kuz/green/bradley/KCP/Cook/Caruso/Daniels will freeze up from deep in May.

I can’t write them off until they’re eliminated.

They’re going to be tough

True, although I like the Kiwi/PG duo better

I'm not getting used to this new NT at all on the desktop. Even after messing around with all the little quirks. On mobile its fine.

There's just too much **** going on. Red boxes everywhere, big *** polls, confusing quotations, push notification bar is my new best friend and doesnt wanna leave. Simple "Like" button was enough, this isnt Facebook for reactions.

Shoulda just kept the last format and added a thread gallery. No idea why we gotta fix things that arent broken.
I’m struggling to keep up. NT making all us washed with the update

The update has a few things I like, wish we could've just gotten those bits on the old build.

And this update feels really slow sometimes.

To start the season:
Rondo
Green
Lebron
AD
McGee

Kuzma, Caruso, Bradley, Howard, Dudley, Cook, Daniels.

Closers: AD, Lebron, Kuz, Green, Bradley

This team is deep

Rondo can't start. Will be a liability on both ends if he does. Caruso should be the starter.

Lakers easily making the playoffs, barring injury to AD or Lebron.

And once they're in the postseason, ain't no team in the West beating em 4x out of 7.

This team will come with a vengeance just like the well-balanced Celtic team of '08 that won 66 and took the chip.
And this well balanced Lakers team has 3 HOF's (not counting Boogie), unmatched size at the 4 and 5 positions PLUS 2 top-5 3 point shooters in Green and Cook plus a former 2-time All-NBA Defensive first teamer who is healthier than he's ever been and on a major prove it mission.

Lakers bout to dominate.
Laker haters just laker hatin cause they know the inevitable.

This Laker team on paper is hands down the deepest and most balanced unit in the NBA. Only team that can beat LAL is themselves
I don't see a more balanced team in the league that can match their size, length, and postseason experience at all positions.
This is absolutely beautiful :nthat:

To start the season:
Rondo
Green
Lebron
AD
McGee

Kuzma, Caruso, Bradley, Howard, Dudley, Cook, Daniels.

Closers: AD, Lebron, Kuz, Green, Bradley

This team is deep
If Howard could be solid, he’s a very nice piece

very curious to see if he can even make the roster after training camp, it’s not a given yet

The younger generation who never actually saw Magic play between '80-87 don't really know that Magic was all over the court on D and so disruptive that he actually led the NBA in steals a couple years and was always top 10 in thefts.
20190928_160328.jpg

If he was so disruptive, why he never made an all-defensive team?

You know for all the media's "concern" about the Lakers third option & depth come playoff time, i oddly keep seeing them compared to the Clippers in terms of how much better of a supporting cast they have..

The Clippers third best player is an undersized two guard in his 14th season who's playoff numbers are as follows

12/2/3 on 38/26/80.........

they are also starting Zubac & Jaymychal Green... this idea that the Clippers have this vastly superior supporting cast is kind of crazy. Same can be said for the Rockets, Same can be said for GS etc etc..

so i'm confused as to why i keep hearing this if AD/Bron misses significant time the Lakers are in big trouble... as if this isn't true for the majority of the top teams in the West

This is absolutely beautiful :nthat:

Sure is

I’ve noticed that people really underestimate chemistry, roles, a defined system, aging and pacing...and how those things effect a team.

Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 expects a 35 year old LeBron to play 75+ games....heavy minutes, and defense. That’s likely not going to happen. No matter how much time in the offseason he’s gotten.

The year 17 year is going to hit different. Having Bron as the sole 3 level playmaker....and him increasingly upping his usage will feel a lot like the 17-18 Cavs....except worse cuz he’s 2 years older...and playing in the West.

That Cavs team scrapped to 50 wins and a 4 seed at the end of the season...with a better version of Bron...who played all 82 games and similar roster.

People should look for that as reference to see how this is going to play out, is they play “that way”...and Bron stay completely healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom