THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question, if defense is so important, why is magic so high on all time NBA list if he never made an all-defense team?
The younger generation who never actually saw Magic play between '80-87 don't really know that Magic was all over the court on D and so disruptive that he actually led the NBA in steals a couple years and was always top 10 in thefts.
20190928_160328.jpg

Downplaying LeBron missing last post-season and dismissing him as "injury-prone and washed" will be the thing that make people eat those words during this season. Dude has had the longest break in his career since he was a teenager and his love for the game is clearly still at its absolute peak.

Oh and he only just got himself once of the top 10 players in league right now by his side.

That well balanced Celtics team had 2 HOFers shooting close to 40% from 3.
And this well balanced Lakers team has 3 HOF's (not counting Boogie), unmatched size at the 4 and 5 positions PLUS 2 top-5 3 point shooters in Green and Cook plus a former 2-time All-NBA Defensive first teamer who is healthier than he's ever been and on a major prove it mission.

Lakers bout to dominate.

B14D1EB4-F584-4FCE-82EE-D08BA5998AFB.png

Media Day quote form Alex Caruso. It’s beautiful to see players and fans mutually support each other :pimp:

If you’re counting Quinn Cook as a legitimate option you already lost.

Also what does “healthier than hes ever been” in the off-season mean?

Downplaying LeBron missing last post-season and dismissing him as "injury-prone and washed" will be the thing that make people eat those words during this season. Dude has had the longest break in his career since he was a teenager and his love for the game is clearly still at its absolute peak.

Oh and he only just got himself once of the top 10 players in league right now by his side.
Laker haters just laker hatin cause they know the inevitable.

This Laker team on paper is hands down the deepest and most balanced unit in the NBA. Only team that can beat LAL is themselves

I am indifferent if the lakers bounce back or not, so my next statement comes from a neutral stand point. It seems like like that last few lakers/LeBron/AD posts are the selling points to a cheesy Disney sports movie. I don't think anyone would be surprised if they go far this year, but they like many teams, are an injury away from being a team that’s going to have a longgg summer filled with tough decisions. The fragility of talent across the league is what will make it one of the most entertaining seasons in a while.

It’s extremes on both ends tho...

Cats really in here saying LAL will miss the playoffs and struggle for the 8th seed...

Barring injury that’s unrealistic...

Also what does “healthier than hes ever been” in the off-season mean?
Avery Bradley. I urge you to watch as the season progresses on how huge an impact this dude bout to have on the team's ability to lock down the wing with Green while A.D., Big Dwight, and Javale own the paint and Lebron playing free safety blocking dudes outta nowhere, coming from the blind side and able to freely disrupt.

Gonna be a treat.

I do think the lakers can be scary good if they stay healthy. They got the right pieces and coaching to be a very good defensive team.

This is likely gonna be the first season I don't interact at all, which sucks because it should be one of the best in a very long time. Gonna miss y'all and the ridiculous hot takes but gotta work. I might lurk though ?

Oh and the Lakers are gonna struggle to make the offs? Seriously? Come on man ?. If they don't it'll be injury based
Check in from time to time wo...get that ?? tho :pimp:

Lakers have unquestionably the most talented duo out of everyone and I can’t imagine all of kuz/green/bradley/KCP/Cook/Caruso/Daniels will freeze up from deep in May.

I can’t write them off until they’re eliminated.

They’re going to be tough

Lakers easily making the playoffs, barring injury to AD or Lebron.

And once they're in the postseason, ain't no team in the West beating em 4x out of 7.

This team will come with a vengeance just like the well-balanced Celtic team of '08 that won 66 and took the chip.

Laker haters just laker hatin cause they know the inevitable.

This Laker team on paper is hands down the deepest and most balanced unit in the NBA. Only team that can beat LAL is themselves

Quoting for April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom