THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't 17-18 when CP3 got hurt? Tough to choke when you don't have your second best player.

and the next year he severely regressed. He was an absolute shell of himself.

Once KD got hurt and the rockets still lost both games all those excuses went out the window. It's a wrap. Harden aint that guy. All time great regular season scorer and one of the worst playoff performers ever. His legacy.

Harden vs the warriors: 35/7/7 on 44/35/82

kawhi vs a version of the warriors without KD and Klay missing significant time: 29/10/4 on 43/36/90.

but one “choked” and one won a championship. It’s almost like it’s a team game or something like that.

It's really not rocket science:

Better player in a vacuum: Durant
More important player and the foundation of those Warriors teams: Curry
This... Give me the guy with back to back FMVPs.

I think Curry is more skilled and craftier than KD. But KD is the better Ball player when you factor in his height, athleticism, defense, and his SG abilities. Also, I think KD's defense is a little underrated. He's not an elite defender nor does he have the best technique, but he's definitely above average given his length and athleticism.

My only gripe with KD is that he doesn't have that 'Alpha Mentality' and he's a little too laidback at times on the court. Who knows how good he could've been if he had that Jordan/Kobe mentality.

and the next year he severely regressed. He was an absolute shell of himself.

Harden vs the warriors: 35/7/7 on 44/35/82

kawhi vs a version of the warriors without KD and Klay missing significant time: 29/10/4 on 43/36/90.

but one “choked” and one won a championship. It’s almost like it’s a team game or something like that.
Your boy is a choker bro. There's no way around it. It's ok.

It’s ok to acknowledge harden got some spectacular stinkers on his playoff resume without going full dummy :lol:

It’s ok to acknowledge harden got some spectacular stinkers on his playoff resume without going full dummy :lol:
Or you can just look at his body of work and accept that he underperforms the majority of the time in the playoffs and definitely more often than any other goat he gets compared to. Yall always post the same 5 videos like that proves he's not a choker :lol:. It's just the truth.

2018 was more on Dantoni than Harden.

Last year without KD? That was Harden. I don't wanna hear **** bout CP when his chunky *** was going one on one in the 3rd and early 4th still getting buckets keeping the game close while Harden was staring into space nuttin up.

“Look at his body of work but you have to exclude the good games.”

got it.
Who said exclude anything? Including the 5 good games yall always post, his body of work in the playoffs is underwhelming. I don't get how you can even argue that unless you just refuse to accept reality. Like if Kobe just had the loss to Phoenix, Detroit and Boston on his resume without any of the rings I wouldn't even be a fan like that. I legit don't understand how or why y'all continue to cape for this dude harden. It's beyond me

You guys seeing what I’m seeing? BiStephuals know his chip winning days are over so we’re now reminiscing about the past. And he never got the Finals MVP that every NBA great has gotten. That’s what he’ll be remembered.

**** ST3-1PH!

Like if Kobe just had the loss to Phoenix, Detroit and Boston on his resume without any of the rings I wouldn't even be a fan like that.

giphy.gif

Curry won a chip against an injury depleted team where he wasn’t the best performer in the finals and then was the primary reason why they didn’t win a chip the following year.

Does that mean he still isn’t a great player though? No.

The bolded was a bit of a strong statement. There were a variety of factors that one could point to why it even went 7. I understand you’re likely talking about the behind the back pass and getting clamped up by KLove but there were sooo many things that had to go right for them to lose. I agree those were significant plays but to say primary reason is a bit strong IMO.

Oh it's nonsense Steph Curry debate time. Yall enjoy.

I told y’all Spicy (take) Curry would be the special of the day. Should have known that would come with Jimmy Harden Choking on the side.

In that role, I think Curry’s inertia is more impactful than Kobe’s.

Kobe also won 2 championships as THE guy.

Well, to be fair, I think it needs to be distinguished if you’re talking about their entire body of work or if you’re talking about them in a vacuum in their role as a “second fiddle”. I hope this doesn’t devolve into a “any all-star wing from that era would have had the same success with Shaq” argument, in which case we’d be doomed

The bolded was a bit of a strong statement. There were a variety of factors that one could point to why it even went 7. I understand you’re likely talking about the behind the back pass and getting clamped up by KLove but there were sooo many things that had to go right for them to lose. I agree those were significant plays but to say primary reason is a bit strong IMO.

Well, to be fair, I think it needs to be distinguished if you’re talking about their entire body of work or if you’re talking about them in a vacuum in their role as a “second fiddle”. I hope this doesn’t devolve into a “any all-star wing from that era would have had the same success with Shaq” argument, in which case we’d be doomed
First Paragraph- Not talking about any singular plays in particular. He was at best the 4th best player in that series. LeBron, Kyrie, and Draymond were flat out much better than him. His performance was closer to Klay's than those 3. If you want to have him as a top 15 player ever, he absolutely needs to get knocked for this, just like Bron does for the Mavs series. It's on him.

Second Paragraph- Was referring to their roles as second fiddle. Definitely not saying any all-star level wing would've had the same success. The elite ones of the last 2 decades like Bron, KD, Kawhi, and Healthy TMac though? Absolutely.

First Paragraph- Not talking about any singular plays in particular. He was at best the 4th best player in that series. LeBron, Kyrie, and Draymond were flat out much better than him. His performance was closer to Klay's than those 3. If you want to have him as a top 15 player ever, he absolutely needs to get knocked for this, just like Bron does for the Mavs series. It's on him.

Second Paragraph- Was referring to their roles as second fiddle. Definitely not saying any all-star level wing would've had the same success. The elite ones of the last 2 decades like Bron, KD, Kawhi, and Healthy TMac though? Absolutely.

2016 is a stain for Steph. **** wasnt good. He most definitely ain’t live up to the moment. I think he owns it. He gave it up to Cleveland, and never said he was hurt...or made excuses. He just ain’t play well. Pretty much, all....all time greats have had terrible moments like this, except Mike.

But we can’t be using 2015 as an indictment on him. Nah man. We can’t just use that injury **** on him as to winning a chip. We’d have to go back and do this for damn near every great that won under weird circumstances. It’s part of the game. You beat who you play. Period. The cream rises to the crop, as BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE once said. Chris Paul is one of the best 25 players ever, and has never even made it to the finals lol. Steph averaged 26/6/5 and won....and people act like he ain’t show up, and discredit him. Nah man. And he was great in 2017 & 2018. We just saw the man lead a team to 5 straight finals. 3 of them...WITHOUT KEVIN DURANT...in the western conference :lol:. As recently as 9 months ago.

His resume isn’t flawless. But the man is a top 15 player ever. And that’s kinda wild, in and of itself.

Anyways....this thread is fire. Some great moments :smokin

Wavy propaganda on full tilt in here. Mans has zero shame. Steph ain't top 15 off of 6 seasons. No way no how.

Lavar is really about to finesse another one of his kids into being a top 5 pick. Even bum a** Liangelo is in the G-League. Lavar really won.

Lavar is really about to finesse another one of his kids into being a top 5 pick. Even bum a** Liangelo is in the G-League. Lavar really won.

What do you mean “finesse? What’s this weird hate you have with Lavar?

Anybody with 2 eyes, and a functioning basketball brain could tell you that Lamelo Ball is first round, NBA talent.

Liangelo in the G-League....however, is some mastery level ****.

Neva
Loss

BBB 🔥🔥🔥

0E99D9E4-7EB1-43BC-AADC-63ABDE8054B5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom