THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not just Harden though. People like to thrown that choker label on any star player who hasn’t carried his team to the Finals or a ring. Regardless of whether that person just lost to better teams.

I have my issues with Beard, but agree the playoff choker label is not entirely fair.
So on one hand a player can absolutely choke I think (harden game 6 vs Kawhi less spurs still deserves an explanation) if you (not you specifically) ever hooped before you know that being afraid of the moment is a very real thing

my issue is that when labeling someone like harden a choker, we willfully omit all the times he’s come through in big moments.

it’s like when they used to say bron or CP wasn’t clutch which was always wild

for me you can’t be a choker if you come through more times than you don’t

what’s the difference between choking and simply coming up short or having a bad game

it's easier to ignore context and slap a label. he's definitely had his shortcomings (game 6 vs the clippers, game 6 vs the spurs, game 5 vs the warriors setting the TO record), but contextually, hes historically had weaker teams than the opposition. on one hand, everyone recognizes that kd, klay, steph, dray, and iggy was one of the greatest lineups the nba has seen and likely the most dominant team of the last 15 years, but somehow a team of james harden, chris paul, trevor ariza, eric gordon, and pj tucker choked by not beating them.

Top 40?! :lol: I love it man
It's tough with this because I don't really know how much weight to put into longevity. He's had 6 seasons at an all-star level. Half of those probably at a truly elite, all-time great level.

If we are only talking about absolute peak, I have no problem putting him higher.

What are your thoughts on that?

It's tough with this because I don't really know how much weight to put into longevity. He's had 6 seasons at an all-star level. Half of those probably at a truly elite, all-time great level.

If we are only talking about absolute peak, I have no problem putting him higher.

What are your thoughts on that?

I personally just think what he’s done is good enough to be top 15 of all time

longevity or not, 3 chips 2 mvps (one unanimous) the 3pt records,6all nba’s 6all star appearances, best player on a 67 and 73 win teams, is top 15 to me

I watched the playoffs bro. The rockets were good enough to win. They choked. The end.

They lost to a better team when their second best player got injured. It isn’t anything more than that, but I get y’all need to let these Skip Bayless/Colin Cowherd level takes off.

It’s been suspiciously tame in here so far. 🧐

Only a matter of time before it breaks into Lord of the Flies.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom