THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he wasn’t. They were equal...or KD better by a hair...because of what he could do physically. But as far as impact...and who drove winning...it was Steph being the foundation. He’s the system. KD said it himself.

The 2018 Rockets series is a study on that. And the Rockets almost pulled it off...baiting KD into ISO’s against PJ tucker.

People now talk about the 17 & 18 Warriors like they were some team that barely won, and KD saved them. Not realizing that they were literally obliterating every team, and it was not even competitive :lol:. They had competitive moments...in series that they were ahead 2-0 in. And KD showed his value with big boy shots.

I think the defensive side of the ball is where the distance comes between those two. When you get to the final four in basketball, guys like Harden and Bron are picking on the stephs of the world and the dubs had an embarrassment of riches defensively to help in this regard

that being said, the steph talk is kind of weird just because of how dominant he was in the four years before KD even got there.

doesn’t feel right to call Steph a 2nd fiddle to KD when he was leading teams to chips and 70 and 67 win seasons

The 30 for 30 on the Warriors gonna be so damn good

I wonder what James Harden did with his 2015, (Players MVP) :lol:

People really forget this happened :lol:. Cp3 and the Players Association created a show, to give a players mvp to another guy.....Because they felt Steph Curry didn’t deserve it lmao.

Curry won a chip against an injury depleted team where he wasn’t the best performer in the finals and then was the primary reason why they didn’t win a chip the following year.

Does that mean he still isn’t a great player though? No.

I think the defensive side of the ball is where the distance comes between those two. When you get to the final four in basketball, guys like Harden and Bron are picking on the stephs of the world and the dubs had an embarrassment of riches defensively to help in this regard

that being said, the steph talk is kind of weird just because of how dominant he was in the four years before KD even got there.

doesn’t feel right to call Steph a 2nd fiddle to KD when he was leading teams to chips and 70 and 67 win seasons

Harden and Bron’s of the world are picking on any PG :lol:. Any one really. It was more about getting Steph in foul trouble...and forcing mismatches...than him being a bad defender or liability. He slipped as a defender over the years. But he could hold his own.

Everybody has a weakness tho. And that’s why teammates are needed for literally...every all time great. And you take a look at the guys today....it goes like this:

Surround Bron with shooters.
KD lack of playmaking...provide him with a world class PG.
Harden, surround him with perimeter defenders.
Steph...surround him with versatile defenders.

That’s how it works.

I think KD even mentioned that they didnt really click in an interview. They were just so damn fundamentally good with sky high IQs you almost didnt have to "click".

It was just free flowing basketball and everyone playing to their strengths.

Speaking of clicking though, this was the last time I saw a team play absolutely perfect basketball....

This is a personal thing for me but like no one ever talk abt these performances when they say harden a playoff choker. It’s hilarious :lol:

It’s not just Harden though. People like to thrown that choker label on any star player who hasn’t carried his team to the Finals or a ring. Regardless of whether that person just lost to better teams.

I have my issues with Beard, but agree the playoff choker label is not entirely fair.

I wonder what James Harden did with his 2015, (Players MVP) :lol:

People really forget this happened :lol:. Cp3 and the Players Association created a show, to give a players mvp to another guy.....Because they felt Steph Curry didn’t deserve it lmao.
CP and Steph's relationship is so interesting. Like Steph legit looked up to that *****. CP mentored him and then when he surpassed him CP immediately started acting like a *****. It be ya own people sometimes.

I know Artest gave him the People's elbow earlier in that regular season , but Harden played like trash in the finals for OKC

CP and Steph's relationship is so interesting. Like Steph legit looked up to that *****. CP mentored him and then when he surpassed him CP immediately started acting like a *****. It be ya own people sometimes.

It’s not just Harden though. People like to thrown that choker label on any star player who hasn’t carried his team to the Finals or a ring. Regardless of whether that person just lost to better teams.

I have my issues with Beard, but agree the playoff choker label is not entirely fair.

So on one hand a player can absolutely choke I think (harden game 6 vs Kawhi less spurs still deserves an explanation) if you (not you specifically) ever hooped before you know that being afraid of the moment is a very real thing

my issue is that when labeling someone like harden a choker, we willfully omit all the times he’s come through in big moments.

it’s like when they used to say bron or CP wasn’t clutch which was always wild

for me you can’t be a choker if you come through more times than you don’t

what’s the difference between choking and simply coming up short or having a bad game

Curry won a chip against an injury depleted team where he wasn’t the best performer in the finals and then was the primary reason why they didn’t win a chip the following year.

Does that mean he still isn’t a great player though? No.

26/6/5 on 44/39/89 splits in your first finals (a win) is playing well. And he most definitely was the “best performer” in that series.

I think people forget in the 2015 Finals...that Kyrie played game 1. The Warriors won. It went to OT. The reason it went to OT is Steph hit clutch shots in the 4th. He had 25/8. They won game 1. He shot 5/23 in game 2. They lost. Bad game. From then on...he ain’t look back. They lost game 3, in Cleveland...he was 10/20. Green & Barnes were a combined 2/20. And that’s a major reason they barely lost that game. From there...lineup adjustments were made. They went full death. And Iggy got freed up because of Steph. And Steph in the last 3 games...all wins...posted these numbers:

28ppg
6apg
5rpg

49% FG 45% 3FG 86 FT%

It takes 4 games to win a series. Can’t call that not showing up, not performing, or not being the best player on a championship team, or in that series.

All I know is I miss watching Curry during the first championship run and the attempt at a repeat against the Cavs.

The man was pulling from the middle of nowhere with his shots and mixing defenders and had people upset.

26/6/5 on 44/39/89 splits in your first finals (a win) is playing well. And he most definitely was the “best performer” in that series.

I think people forget in the 2015 Finals...that Kyrie played game 1. The Warriors won. It went to OT. The reason it went to OT is Steph hit clutch shots in the 4th. He had 25/8. They won game 1. He shot 5/23 in game 2. They lost. Bad game. From then on...he ain’t look back. They lost game 3, in Cleveland...he was 10/20. Green & Barnes were a combined 2/20. And that’s a major reason they barely lost that game. From there...lineup adjustments were made. They went full death. And Iggy got freed up because of Steph. And Steph in the last 3 games...all wins...posted these numbers:

28ppg
6apg
5rpg

49% FG 45% 3FG 86 FT%

It takes 4 games to win a series. Can’t call that not showing up, not performing, or not being the best player on a championship team, or in that series.
014BD620-D83E-4ABD-8F26-0C78F0844500.jpeg

how is this not the best player in the series

I can't wait to see Klay and Curry play like they have something to prove again. That first Warriors run was something else. Next year, you are basically adding two contenders to the mix. The Nets and Warriors. Crazy...

Game 3&4 last season was beautiful. Down 0-2 harden went off both games and tied it up. The rockets then proceeded to go out sad smh
Reminds me that I hate Clint capela and I’m glad he’s gone

And this is my biggest issue with him. He isn't consistent enough when it comes to attacking the paint. 3 of those 4 plays in the video were him attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom