THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has that ever happened before in any sport? I know baseball didn’t have a champ in 1994 (I think) because of a strike, but they didn’t play all that year.

mlb had a work stoppage in August with close to 40+ gms left

This will forever be known as “the season the answer WOULD have won it all”
not sure if you are old enough, but reminds me of mlb in 94 with the "what ifs"
tony gwynn .400, not sure if anyone has been that close at that late in the season. gwynn was at .394
matt williams chasing roger maris (along with griffey)
expos possible winning the WS

in a league where stats and numbers matter, a lot of players missed out on piling numbers for possible HOF

Last edited:
vvp3ojknnfn41.jpg

There was an article this morning suggesting that waves of this virus could continue for 18 months. Meaning it will seem like the curve is flattening, only for more fluctuations to occur and starting the cycle over to a certain extent. Scary.

Good thing they working on a vaccine.

04-05 nhl but from a lockout the entire season got wiped

OK. So I don’t think there has been a situation in American sports where the majority of a season was played and a champion never was crowned. But everything about that Corona crisis is fairly unprecedented, so this might be first time.

I thought this season was a wash too, but I'm optimistic that there's a chance that we can reach a point where we can resume the season later in the year.

Obviously, the disease itself won't completely disappear in the next couple of months and we'll still have to take precautions and all. But seeing how South Korea and even China has handled the situation it leaves me with some optimism that we shouldn't give up.

Apparently, the virus is slowing down in China and a lot of the stores and businesses are starting to open up again after lockdown.

Has that ever happened before in any sport? I know baseball didn’t have a champ in 1994 (I think) because of a strike, but they didn’t play all that year.
I’m not sure bro but these are for sure diff circumstances than a strike
Season hiatus due to outside circumstances

I really hope it cleans up and they just do the offs into August
They’ve been wanting to push season starting in dec anyway this is a good way to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom