THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WastefulLawfulGar-size_restricted.gif

Baby nooooo

Only thing that doesnt make sense to me is all of that and she didnt infect anyone? Probably wasnt anything to note or report but a bit strange.

Brings me to my point where beginning of December I had a bad flu thing as well. “Bad” meaning I never really get that sick, but it wasnt awful. Started with a slight fever, chills, body aches and fatigue, I remember struggling with that hard one of those days. Started I think on a Tuesday and lasted about a week. I also had a bad cough by that Friday and I could NOT have a convo without coughing at all.

Coudve been just that bug that was going around then since it was generally a bad flu season. I work luxury retail and lots of Asian clients so I mean, theres my exposure if anything. The fact I saw a couple people during that time that visited and they didnt get sick, yeah probably just the regular flu.

Only thing that doesnt make sense to me is all of that and she didnt infect anyone? Probably wasnt anything to note or report but a bit strange.

Brings me to my point where beginning of December I had a bad flu thing as well. “Bad” meaning I never really get that sick, but it wasnt awful. Started with a slight fever, chills, body aches and fatigue, I remember struggling with that hard one of those days. Started I think on a Tuesday and lasted about a week. I also had a bad cough by that Friday and I could NOT have a convo without coughing at all.

Coudve been just that bug that was going around then since it was generally a bad flu season. I work luxury retail and lots of Asian clients so I mean, theres my exposure if anything. The fact I saw a couple people during that time that visited and they didnt get sick, yeah probably just the regular flu.
If she was coughing up phlegm then it wasnt corona. Believe your doctors. It's illegal for them to lie to you. What's the point of being able to afford the best doctors if you don't believe them when they diagnose you?

If you did have a heretofore unseen disease it would've been bigger news than them just treating you and sending you on your way. Acting like she was playing ball in the Wuhan markets next to the food carts.

I thought this was some kind of joke. We don’t even know if the league is coming back or what safe of affairs the world will be on day-by-day, about to be on shutdown and this ***** IT is out here pleading for a 10-Day? Man.....

People thinking about their futures man. All this downtime gives a lot of thinking time thats for sure.

If she was coughing up phlegm then it wasnt corona. Believe your doctors. It's illegal for them to lie to you. What's the point of being able to afford the best doctors if you don't believe them when they diagnose you?

My cousins wife is a doctor and we talked about this as it relates to folks who second guess doctors. It’s like first off, they trained for and dedicated YEARS to get into that position so they are very qualified. On top of that, there is literally no incentive for them to lie. It’s not like they get a bigger bag if they lie so why would they put their livelihood at risk just to misdiagnose you? It’s such a silly notion IMO. WebMd really got folks thinking they’re seasoned professionals

People thinking about their futures man. All this downtime gives a lot of thinking time thats for sure.

That’s a valid point and very inconsiderate of me as it is his career and means of providing for his family. I just don’t see teams worrying about adding additional personnel at the moment but I could be totally off-base.

Jus
My cousins wife is a doctor and we talked about this as it relates to folks who second guess doctors. It’s like first off, they trained for and dedicated YEARS to get into that position so they are very qualified. On top of that, there is literally no incentive for them to lie. It’s not like they get a bigger bag if they lie so why would they put their livelihood at risk just to misdiagnose you? It’s such a silly notion IMO. WebMd really got folks thinking they’re seasoned professionals

They don’t lie, but they do make mistakes. Doctor’s who are acting in completely good faith misdiagnose people all the time, even with respect to conditions that have been around for a while, let alone completely new diseases. That said, if someone does their homework and picks a physician with a good reputation, they should trust that doctor.

At the same time, people need to trust themselves as well. If what a doctor is telling you doesn’t line up with how you’re feeling or that doctor doesn’t seem to actually be listening to you, think its fine to get a second opinion.

Just to give a couple of examples from my own life - my wife’s childhood doctor, who was a family friend and had been in practice for 30 years, failed when she was 18 to figure out she had Hodgkin’s Disease until it was pretty severe. She eventually went into remission, but it was a tough battle that might have been easier had the cancer been detected earlier.

And for me, after I injured by Achilles’, the first orthopedist I went to told me it wasn’t ruptured. Told me to just rest and ice it. Did that for two weeks with no improvement and then went to someone else. The second guy knew immediately that I’d completely blown the tendon.

Mistakes happen - even with well trained, experienced doctors.

Last edited:
When did Paul pierce call any of them? Wtf

I hate how they were the OG Big 3 and were immediately followed by the Heatles, a Big 3 that was brought together through tampering and collusion, so folks automatically conflate the two. The Celtics traded the farm away for KG and Ray Allen. At the time (and it still might be), the trade for KGtrade was the single largest trade ever. Folks need to stop comparing that Big 3 to the Heatles and Warriors.

Jus

They don’t lie, but they do make mistakes. Doctor’s who are acting in completely good faith misdiagnose people all the time, even with respect to conditions that have been around for a while, let alone completely new diseases. That said, if someone does their homework and picks a physician with a good reputation, they should trust that doctor.

At the same time, people need to trust themselves as well. If what a doctor is telling you doesn’t line up with how you’re feeling or that doctor doesn’t seem to actually be listing to you, think its fine to get a second opinion.

Just to give a couple of examples from my own life - my wife’s childhood doctor, who was a family friend and had been in practice for 30 years, failed when she was 18 to figure out she had Hodgkin’s Disease until it was pretty severe. She eventually went into remission, but it was a tough battle that might have been easier had the cancer been detected earlier.

And for me, after I injured by Achilles’, the first orthopedist I went to told me it wasn’t ruptured. Told me to just rest and ice it. Did that for two weeks with no improvement and then went to someone else. The second guy knew immediately that I’d completely blown the tendon.

Mistakes happen - even with well trained, experienced doctors.

Second opinion is damn near a must when it comes to serious matters, at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom