THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ll never see greatness like this again. Sucks for those of you that never appreciated what you were witnessing.

I tried to like the team as I was a fan of the Warriors in their first two runs...but the way Beta boy joined the team was hard to overcome, it was like turning trade restrictions off in 2K and saying appreciate greatness.

90790600_3487978594563973_2697362405326848000_n.jpg

If the season doesn't come back until July or August, wouldn't it make sense for a team to pick up Boogie?

Regardless of the outcome, the NBA needs to address the situation of teams who traded assets at the deadline if the season doesn’t come back and they need to address how to handle returns from IR as well as signing FAs. Both will have a significant impact.

9 finals appearances in a 12 year career
The goat PG

I think a lot of folks don’t realize that. Looking at all he accomplished over 12 years is wildly impressive. I guess Bron had similar accolades after 12-14 seasons, right?

Also anyone else hate how much Zeke gets snubbed in these great poibt guard discussions?

Nope! Being third best at your position is a great compliment.

Olympics postponed

Interesting that they didn’t say “up to a year” but rather 2021. This is selfish of me, because I’m an American NBA fan, but I wonder if this could have an impact on the NBA regular season if they do it in the spring or early in the summer. The connectivity between all these events being impacted by COVID-19 is a mind ****

I tried to like the team as I was a fan of the Warriors in their first two runs...but the way Beta boy joined the team was hard to overcome, it was like turning trade restrictions off in 2K and saying appreciate greatness.

Folks act like KD took the vet minimum in his prime to play with them :lol: . So many things had to go right for that signing to go down.

NBA is streaming game 7 raps vs 76ers
76ers really scored 5 points in the last 4 minutes and brett brown wasn't fired

No Kareem or Magic? KD, Kobe and Kobe in the top 5?

I thought that we, as the basketball viewing public, all agreed on the top 4:

(in no particular order)
Jordan
Kareem
Lebron
Magic Johson

The debate begins at 5 and below, but the top 4 are pretty much locks at this point.
He was born after the last shot. So he didn’t even see Wizards MJ, much less Kareem & Magic.

90s babies in general didn’t really get to see MJ, or understand what they were watching.

Kobe, Bron, Durant are the greatest scorers that they’ve actually seen. Nash & Paul are two of the greatest points they grew up watching.

He was born after the last shot. So he didn’t even see Wizards MJ, much less Kareem & Magic.

90s babies in general didn’t really get to see MJ, or understand what they were watching.

Kobe, Bron, Durant are the greatest scorers that they’ve actually seen. Nash & Paul are two of the greatest points they grew up watching.

I was born in 90 and barely remember watching MJ in a Bulls uniform, only thing I specifically remember is seeing the last shot on my folks big screen

Seems like the media still doesn't **** with him/talk about him ever when talking the greats
It doesn't help that other stars of his time REALLY don't like him. Those are the people that usually help build your case because no one is better qualified to talk on it than them. Also Stockton >>>>>>>

I’m not sure if it’s any age thing but does anyone in this thread remember this? I imagine at the time mainstream promotion may have been a problem but I’m surprised Nike hasn’t run this back or no one has used it in a dunk contest. Pretty interesting nonetheless.

never knew about this

sick post

I don't know where it is but back in the day we had a 32oz cup at the house for a Hakeem vs Shaq 1v1 PPV sponsored by Taco Bell :lol:
Forgot what happened but it ended up getting cancelled

Magic
Steph
IT
CP3
Nash
Stockton getting slept on. Basically 17 points, FOURTEEN ASSISTS, and 3 steals per game in his prime. Really good shooter that unfortunately came before the 3pt boom.

A bleacher report article from Sept 19 had
1. Magic
2. Steph
3. Oscar Robertson
4. Jerry West
5. Chris Paul
6. Stockton
7. Kidd
8. Nash
9. Rustle Westbrook
10. IT

Might have to block them from my web browser after that flagrant disrespect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom