THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Smith couldn't shoot tho

I wouldn't put him in the same tier as Beas

Agreed he couldn’t shoot but Josh Smith could/would rebound and block shots. I’d like to think he would have spent more time on his 3 like PJT because he would’ve gotten the looks.

He was a better defender/rebounder/athlete though. They'd serve different purposes but I don't think he was comparing them directly.

Your comparison to PJT is more accurate and I think Josh Smith would be better in that role because of what he brings defensively and athletically. Unless we want to say his effectiveness is predominately predicated on hitting corner 3s.

Miami/Riley didn't really want him either. Wasn't a "culture fit." They were praying Rose somehow slipped to 2.
Beas had his own problems too though, I always rooted for him but he was kind of an airhead. Maybe the best college basketball player I've seen though. I remember before one game the commentators were saying him scoring 20=him being shut down :lol:
Those few years were probably the most entertainment I’ve gotten from college ball.

Oden/KD in ‘07, Gators repeating, ‘08 Rose/Beasley then Steph’s tourney run, ‘09 Blake Griffin, ‘10 John Wall & Boogie, ‘11 Jimmer, ‘12 AD

Miami/Riley didn't really want him either. Wasn't a "culture fit." They were praying Rose somehow slipped to 2.
Beas had his own problems too though, I always rooted for him but he was kind of an airhead. Maybe the best college basketball player I've seen though. I remember before one game the commentators were saying him scoring 20=him being shut down :lol:

Oh yeah, I’m not saying he didn’t play a role in how his career ended up. I just wonder if a different situation might have resulted in a different career since he really was crazy talented.

Josh Smith couldn't shoot tho

I wouldn't put him in the same tier as Beas

Josh Smith could shoot well enough.

He should’ve been a 2X All Star. But they gave it to Horford, cuz he was listed as a C.

11-12 J Smoove was 19/10/4 1.8Bpg & 1.4spg.

He finished 2nd, in DPOY voting. But wasn’t on the All NBA Defense First Team at the Forward spot....because they gave that to LeBron.....whom he finished ahead of :smh: :lol:.

Last edited:
Listening to the 97 “Re-Draftables” pod. Keith Van Horn and Tim Thomas would both be perfect fits in the current era.

Tim Thomas would’ve still been disappointing, no matter the era :lol:. No dog in him. All the talent in the world. Just coasted on being “ok”.

Van Horn was good for a couple years for real. He maxed out his talent as the 2nd best player on an Eastern Contender. That’s pretty good.

Kirschner   Hollinger  The State of the Hawks  Part 1 – The Athletic.png

Imagine having the ball in your hands all the time, not being held accountable for defense and still not having a strong relationship with your coach.

Tim Thomas would’ve still been disappointing, no matter the era :lol:. No dog in him. All the talent in the world. Just coasted on being “ok”.

Van Horn was good for a couple years for real. He maxed out his talent as the 2nd best player on an Eastern Contender. That’s pretty good.
Yeah Tim definitely had motor and dog-level(?) issues :lol:

With KVH, I think he has a longer stretch of good years now.

Both were guys that couldn’t bang with the thick bigs, and weren’t as good as the Duncan/KG/Dirk/CWebb/Sheed Group, but were skilled and could really shoot well, but offenses at the time didn’t take advantage of their skill sets enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom