THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not every pass first guy is a playmaker

we need more “playmakers”....let’s get......

B49857E3-415C-4AFE-BB70-CC592A2208F3.png

MVP MVP head*** 🥴

Steph understands how to play defense and does what he's supposed to but he's not a good dedender
He's not a BAD defender. Like he understands defense, he generally sticks to his man well, energetic, moves his hands, moves his feet, the team defense rarely breaks down because he made a poor decision or was just lazy.

But there are also a lot of better defenders in the league and on his own team. Just how it is.

So I learned that Draymond isn't a playmaker today and that Klay isn't an offensive threat. Man these hoops you Bistephuals go though is something else.
Cmon man you know what he means. Steph creates looks for himself and others in a way no one else on the team besides KD could.

It’s unfair to label one thing that unlocked the Warriors. It was culmination of a lot of things, including Draymond playing more 4/5, his ability to play make, Curry and Klay taking the next step. List goes on.

we need more “playmakers”....let’s get......

B49857E3-415C-4AFE-BB70-CC592A2208F3.png

MVP MVP head*** 🥴

Rondo dribbles the ball for 20 seconds assist hunting. I hate him. Don't get mad at me for calling out y'all trying to act like Steph been playing with bums all of a sudden. ONLY offensive option and ONLY playmaker are a vast over exaggeration.

Dudes are wild. Team went to multiple finals with Curry as the main option, yet they are downplaying the rest of the roster.

Acting like Klay isn’t a top 2 SG in the league and Dray wasnt a top 5 playmaker/defender at his position.

Dudes are wild. Team went to multiple finals with Curry as the main option, yet they are downplaying the rest of the roster.

Acting like Klay isn’t a top 2 SG in the league and Dray wasnt a top 5 playmaker/defender at his position.

last years finals, it was just Klay and Steph. no one is downplaying their run. But there’s a reason why the raptors played a box and 1. Which goes back to us saying passing and making plays aren’t the same

Dray made it a Death Lineup because he could guard almost every position in the conference and NBA Finals plus protect the rim.. and was able to hit open 3's for 2-3 seasons

When his shot fell off a cliff he's a worse version of Ben Simmons offensively

I don't think he ever "unlocked their offense". Was this a thing?

What pass first players arent playmakers? Tryna understand the logic here.

Or are you guys saying that just because you make a pass that doesn’t mean you’re play making?

Dray made it a Death Lineup because he could guard almost every position in the conference and NBA Finals plus protect the rim.. and was able to hit open 3's for 2-3 seasons

When his shot fell off a cliff he's a worse version of Ben Simmons offensively

I don't think he ever "unlocked their offense". Was this a thing?

C'mon everybody got amnesia now?

Screenshot_20200406-183732_Chrome.jpg

This is from 2016

Curry – the reigning MVP – has established himself as a dark-horse Most Improved Player candidate largely based on his improved scoring. His points per game (23.8 to 30.0), 2-point percentage (52.8 to 55.9), 3-point percentage (44.3 to 45.6) and free-throw attempts per 36 minutes (4.6 to 5.4) are all up.

But Curry’s bigger individual numbers have come at a cost. His assists per game are down (7.7 to 6.7) as he hunts his own shot. Why hasn’t that harmed Golden State’s offense one bit?

Green.

Essentially, Green has assumed some of Curry’s playmaking duties, allowing Curry to look for his own shot more often. Accordingly, Green’s assist numbers have soared – to the point he, not Curry, leads Golden State.

“At the end of the day, if I get them the ball, it’s up to them to knock it down,” Green said. “And our guys on our team is pretty good at that.”

They are.

The Warriors lead the NBA in shots made per game (42.6), and the rate is even higher per 48 minutes when Green is on the floor. But don’t confuse Green’s assists as merely a byproduct of Golden State’s shot-making. He does plenty to put his teammates in favorable positions.

Like Curry said, Green grabs rebounds and pushes the ball up court himself:

Rondo dribbles the ball for 20 seconds assist hunting. I hate him. Don't get mad at me for calling out y'all trying to act like Steph been playing with bums all of a sudden. ONLY offensive option and ONLY playmaker are a vast over exaggeration.

You can’t read. Nobody said that, in the context of what was being discussed.

What pass first players arent playmakers? Tryna understand the logic here.

Or are you guys saying that just because you make a pass that doesn’t mean you’re play making?

playmakers can score and get other guys shots consistently. They are putting pressure on defenses, can’t always be judged by raw assist numbers. Passers are just that, passers.

Maybe y'all misspoke.

who’s an “offensive” threat there? That’s completely different form a “playmaker”. And playmaking entails getting your own shot off. You should know this.

read better. You wouldn’t have been begging for rondo.

who’s an “offensive” threat there? That’s completely different form a “playmaker”. And playmaking entails getting your own shot off. You should know this.

read better. You wouldn’t have been begging for rondo.

You still acting like Klay didn't play for almost 6 full games in the finals. Or were you talking about him fouling out and not Steph? FVV was cooking him damn near the entire series while also locking him up on the other end.

We all know Zo struggles mightily on the offensive end outside of open 3s. Is he not a playmaker?

The pre-KD Draymond Green was definitely a different one than when KD came on. It was actually perfect timing to cover up Draymond's shooting falling off

I honestly didn't remember the "unlocking" of their offense but I gave him credit for the Death Lineup contributions. He's always been a good passer as has been stated but his shooting and scoring are severely lacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom