THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, I'm 70 pages behind in less than a week and there hasn't even been any basketball played. Cliffs? :lol:

It’s kind of a blur, but I feel like it’s been a lot of Steph slander and defense and also buc em buc em saying the league should resume play because people are going to get bored and start going to the beach soon anyway, which prompted a fair number of responses.

playmakers can score and get other guys shots consistently. They are putting pressure on defenses, can’t always be judged by raw assist numbers. Passers are just that, passers.

So Rubio, Rondo, and any other pass first players arent playmakers?

It works both ways. Whether you're breaking defenses apart looking to pass or score, you can be a playmaker both ways.

C'mon everybody got amnesia now?

Screenshot_20200406-183732_Chrome.jpg

This is from 2016

Curry – the reigning MVP – has established himself as a dark-horse Most Improved Player candidate largely based on his improved scoring. His points per game (23.8 to 30.0), 2-point percentage (52.8 to 55.9), 3-point percentage (44.3 to 45.6) and free-throw attempts per 36 minutes (4.6 to 5.4) are all up.

But Curry’s bigger individual numbers have come at a cost. His assists per game are down (7.7 to 6.7) as he hunts his own shot. Why hasn’t that harmed Golden State’s offense one bit?

Green.

Essentially, Green has assumed some of Curry’s playmaking duties, allowing Curry to look for his own shot more often. Accordingly, Green’s assist numbers have soared – to the point he, not Curry, leads Golden State.

“At the end of the day, if I get them the ball, it’s up to them to knock it down,” Green said. “And our guys on our team is pretty good at that.”

They are.

The Warriors lead the NBA in shots made per game (42.6), and the rate is even higher per 48 minutes when Green is on the floor. But don’t confuse Green’s assists as merely a byproduct of Golden State’s shot-making. He does plenty to put his teammates in favorable positions.

Like Curry said, Green grabs rebounds and pushes the ball up court himself:

They complement each other. That article is from 2016. The year after they won a chip, 67 games and Steph already won an mvp.Dray def took it to new heights. And he’s a great passing 4...with crazy intangibles. But of course...he benefits from Steph. And vice verse. He said it himself. It all starts with Steph...and trickles down. You know this.

Out Dray own mouth. Y’all know wsup.

So Rubio, Rondo, and any other pass first players arent playmakers?

It works both ways. Whether you're breaking defenses apart looking to pass or score, you can be a playmaker both ways.

There’s a ceiling on them because they are just passers. You’ll live with them scoring. I’m not saying they aren’t useful but give me the playmaker every day.

They complement each other. That article is from 2016. The year after they won a chip, 67 games and Steph already won an mvp.Dray def took it to new heights. And he’s a great passing 4...with crazy intangibles. But of course...he benefits from Steph. And vice verse. He said it himself. It all starts with Steph...and trickles down. You know this.

Out Dray own mouth. Y’all know wsup.

None of what you said has anything to do with the falsehood of y'all saying Steph was/is the only playmaker on the warriors. And then subsequently downplaying what Dray had meant to them.

There’s a ceiling on them because they are just passers. You’ll live with them scoring. I’m not saying they aren’t useful but give me the playmaker every day.

I think you're putting a cap on the definition of playmaker. With that definition, there's maybe a max 10 guys in the league who fit that definition of playmaking.

Playmakers include role players too. These dudes are huge x factors on contenders due to their playmaking. Boris Diaw, Iggy, Mavs Kidd, Ingles, the list goes on.

None of what you said has anything to do with the falsehood of y'all saying Steph was/is the only playmaker on the warriors. And then subsequently downplaying what Dray had meant to them.

i did none of the sort. You dont read

I think you're putting a cap on the definition of playmaking. With that definition, there's maybe a max 10 guys in the league who score and pass at elite levels.

Playmaking includes role players too. These dudes are huge x factors on contenders due to their playmaking. Boris Diaw, Iggy, Mavs Kidd, Ingles, the list goes on.

You not wrong. The threat of scoring and actually scoring is what a true “playmaker” is, is tho. Separates a good passer with high iq...from a playmaker.

Those guys with that title, should be able to create for THEMSELVES and others.

You might as well group playmakers with all star caliber players only.

I see what ya'll saying, I dont disagree with it though, especially in todays NBA.

Not to be that guy but isn’t this a horrible look because while the players would not just having access to tests but RAPID results? Meanwhile nurses who are directly exposed everyday and “essential workers” who have to still go into work can’t even get a normal test which can take a few days?

Future 100mm Knick, FVV, a playmaker? Better be because I cant wait for him to be in the orange and blue.

I think you're putting a cap on the definition of playmaker. With that definition, there's maybe a max 10 guys in the league who fit that definition of playmaking.

Playmakers include role players too. These dudes are huge x factors on contenders due to their playmaking. Boris Diaw, Iggy, Mavs Kidd, Ingles, the list goes on.

Playmaking and being able to make plays isn’t the same to me. Ingles, Diaw etc are playmaking role players. Nothing wrong with them they are secondary or 4th option playmakers. An off night from iggy and Draymond meant you could box and 1 or triangle 2.

Whereas last year the raptors closed with Lowry, FVV, Kawhi and T1000. Those are the playmakers I’m talking about. When the clock wound down they created for themselves. Give me those guys. Fred could go 6-14 and you had to defend him still. If Rubio goes 6-14 oh well. Unless Westbrook is guarding him

^^^ I would rather watch telenovela re-runs on Telemundo before I’d watch Coronatime Skip and Shannon and I don’t speak Spanish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom