THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
50? That’s wild. So once you get 50, miss the 3 and somebody else score, what does the score go down to?

only played 21 in my life: if played with white folks, one would need exactly 21 to win or one would go back in points if went over. if played with non-white folks, first one to at least 21 pts wins.

only played 21 in my life: if played with white folks, one would need exactly 21 to win or one would go back in points if went over. if played with non-white folks, first one to at least 21 pts wins.
You didn’t shoot the 3 to seal the win once you scored 21 or over?

I’m wondering if age might be a factor in this.

I was playing 21 most often in the late 80s to mid 90s, when 3s weren’t taken in the pro and college levels at nearly the volume that they were in later periods. That might be why our 21 still included FTs and not all 3s.

Maybe not though.

Must be. It was always free throws when I played, max of three, then you got ball up top. I wasn't very athletic, so I preferred playing 21 over full runs because I was a really good free throw shooter. Ain't no damn free throws in pickup lol. Also, to be fair, I was a good three point shooter, even back when it wasn't cool.

50? That’s wild. So once you get 50, miss the 3 and somebody else score, what does the score go down to?

Score never goes down. 50 goes by 5’s. Once you get 50...you gotta shoot a half court shot to “break ice”. Once you “break ice”....you have to take everybody out one by one. If you miss the shot In the one on one setting...the other people just rush in for the rebound...and you still have 50...but have to score again in the scramble to take it back out top, and take someone out 1 on 1 again.

The point is to get 50...break ice...then take everybody out 1 by 1.

50 isn’t like 21. You have to take certain types of shots/dribbles if I remember. It was wack to me. Some intern had us playing at Staples when I was interning with the Clippers.

-edit-

nevermind, I’m thinking of something else apparently

Last edited:
Score never goes down. 50 goes by 5’s. Once you get 50...you gotta shoot a half court shot to “break ice”. Once you “break ice”....you have to take everybody out one by one. If you miss the shot In the one on one setting...the other people just rush in for the rebound...and you still have 50...but have to score again in the scramble to take it back out top, and take someone out 1 on 1 again.

You ever do taps when you were a kid?

The game of “50” > “21”

They ain’t ready. Best feeling in the world was when you joined late, got that first bucket and folks started getting once you were knocking down 3s and got the ball back.

In 50 did y’all play first 3 was 10 points? I used to hate when people would do “taps” ie you were back to zero with a two hand putback and out with a one-hand putback. I didn’t do that **** because I didn’t want ANYBODY on the sidelines. I always strived to equally distribute the smoke.

Appreciate it man. You dealt with your fair share of hardships growing up too, if I remember correctly.
Depends. I had a cop father who pushed away my housewife mom then married her best friend the school principal who turned out to be a manipulative, abusive, torturous sexual predator w/ HIV who locked me in a back room and lied my whole life and told me my mom left because she hated me. If that's a hardship, then... yeah.

But I'm truly sorry for everything after 9-11, man. My initial response is something that begins with 'If it's any consolation,' but there is no consolation. I've lost friends over the way EYE'VE seen middle eastern people treated and even stared at or talked about here, and that's just laying witness, not actually experiencing the BS.

I'm just sorry.

giphy.gif

PS. Good lort, the memories some of you all have is mind bottling to me. :wow:

Yup. Now THAT hurt :lol:. You be at 45...and your shot rim out, and somebody tap you. Furious!

We used to add all kinds of ****. Calling “family” to get double or tripled team to take people out quicker, after you broke ice :lol:

Check Rock....and get a shot off quick before the double comes :lol:.
:lol:

I think we stopped doing 2 hand taps once we got to HS, and then it was just 1 hand taps back to zero from there on out.

I did in 21 :lol: Tip in resets score to zero if you have up to 10, anything after drops you down to 11
And we used to also play:
- 3 tips, you're out.
- One hand tip, you're out.
- Dunk tip, you're out.

I'm 5'9", Italian. If you gave me a nickel for every time I dunk tipped one of my friends in my entire life, I would owe you a nickel.

Oh ok. That don't sound as exhaustive as I thought it was. I thought yall ****** was shooting 1's and 2's until you got to 50. :lol:

Doug Wrenn that got chased out of UCONN was a great in Washington High School. Player of the year in 1998' over Keith Bogans

Wrong Washington, brah. He played high school ball at O'Dea in Seattle lol (Bogans is from Washington, D.C.). He flamed out at UConn, ended up at University of Washington. He had all the talent in the world but was a total head case. He was nice his first year at UW, but fell off a cliff his second season and that was it.

One of my best friends lived with him while he was at UW, and continued to be friends with him for a number of years. I've hung out with the dude numerous times. He was always trying to pull off some sort of scam and trying to get her involved. I'm shocked he's not either dead or in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom