THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this. :pimp:

Who is the best Washington high school boys basketball player of the 21st century? You decide - Scorebook Live Washington https://scorebooklive.com/washingto...etball-player-of-the-21st-century-you-decide/

1586289546745.png

Always going to have bias toward Nate and BRoy, because I remember reading Seattle Times pieces about them, when I was growing up in junior high. I swear Isaiah Thomas was at Dimmitt Middle School the same time I was there, probably before he moved out to Tacoma shortly afterward. I see Michael Porter Jr. on this bracket, and I guess his one year makes him eligible but I don't really consider him from here.

Actually speaking of bias, I subconsciously rated cats not from the south end of Seattle as worst than their counterparts upon first glance haha.

They ain’t ready. Best feeling in the world was when you joined late, got that first bucket and folks started getting once you were knocking down 3s and got the ball back.

In 50 did y’all play first 3 was 10 points? I used to hate when people would do “taps” ie you were back to zero with a two hand putback and out with a one-hand putback. I didn’t do that **** because I didn’t want ANYBODY on the sidelines. I always strived to equally distribute the smoke.

Yup. First 3 or FT was 10. Then 3 in a row...somebody check you one on one...and you can drive.

Something lawdog1 lawdog1 said just hit me tho. Idk if it had to do with 3s being more popular or just growing and getting more range...but it went from free throws, to 3s...and from a 3 being the ice breaker to a half court shot being the ice breaker.

I like to think that’s just with growing up. But it could possibly also have something to do with 3 revolution. Now, it ain’t nothing to break ice on them short courts. That’s like a 3.

*****s used to be stuck on 50 forever sometimes :rofl:

NBA players saying they hurtin for money now

He pulled that "number" out of thin air during that convo with Jay Williams. He doesn't know man. :lol:
Always going to have bias toward Nate and BRoy, because I remember reading Seattle Times pieces about them, when I was growing up in junior high. I swear Isaiah Thomas was at Dimmitt Middle School the same time I was there, probably before he moved out to Tacoma shortly afterward. I see Michael Porter Jr. on this bracket, and I guess his one year makes him eligible but I don't really consider him from here.

Actually speaking of bias, I subconsciously rated cats not from the south end of Seattle as worst than their counterparts upon first glance haha.
Oh ok. So you are from out there.

Explain the differences in the sections of the city.

Who is from where.

Where are the hoods at? When I was out there I didn't see any.

Anyone ever play that your free shot after your make in 21 had to be from behind the arc? #wet #all_DAY

Never heard of 50 before NT. If we weren’t running full or half court games, it was 21, King-of-the-Hill or sometimes 2-ball Knockout for ****s and gigs...

I never heard of 50 lol must be a DC/Baltimore thing.

Apparently so :lol:. Game fun as hell. You really get to see who got ones. Always start like the first 3 or 4 people arrive to a court, shooting around...then someone say....”Yo! Spark up 50”. Then more heads come...until it’s like 8/9...then we say...”game locked”.....meaning no more people can join....and after 50...play 4 on 4s or 3s/5s etc.

Great way to get the competitive juices flowing.

You didn’t shoot the 3 to seal the win once you scored 21 or over?

Y'all shoot free throws or threes after a bucket? People might mess up on that. Depending on who I played with, there are times you gotta win on a bucket tho.

So I'm trying to get to 50 in order to hit my half court shot and break ice? I'm trying to break ice so that I can start my 1v1 battles with everyone? And if I score on everyone in a 1 on 1, I've won?

Yeah, I love this.

Check ball. Someone shoot it up. Let's go.

Yup. That’s exactly it 💯

Never heard of 33 or 50. Was always 21

-6:12. If you don’t have 6 before the 1st person hits 12 you’re out
-3 3pters max (1 pt each) after a make before checking up
-Tips reset you to 0. Get tipped while at 0 and you’re out. Only way back in is by catching an airball :lol:
-Can only win on a 3 and back to 15 if you miss

***** crazy how you don’t even remember learning these games. Playing 50 on fisher price and crates.....it’s like learning how to talk or walk or something. Crazy. Great memories :pimp:

Micah Downs, still getting love over Marcus Williams, all these years later. Marcus owned that clown in head-to-head matchups. How Micah Downs was a McDonald's All American, I'll never know. Glad he was exposed for the fraud he was in college. Didn't help that his father was a lunatic.

On another note, Justin Holt vs. B-Roy in the first round. I watched that Lincoln team destroy Garfield in person at the state tourney in 2002 (Lincoln ended up winning the title). Holt was fouled on the first two possessions, hit all four free throws, did the Darius Miles celebration, and you just knew it was over in the first two minutes. It should be noted that Marcellus Kemp (leading scorer for Garfield) was injured and missed that tournament, but I'm still not sure they would have won because Garfield was so poorly coached. But, man, Holt was a beast in high school.

Gotta be B-Roy, if they’re talking about best player. If they’re talking about what they did in HS, Brandon wasn’t a Mickey D but a ton of dudes on here were. Also B-Roy never won a state championship.... They did my guy Terrence Williams dirty with the 1st rd Ko by Morrison lol.
Too old and missing the cut are the OG seattle hoopers - Jamal Crawford, Jason terry, Michael Dickerson, doug Christie

Don't forget my man James Edwards, the true OG. Roosevelt c/o 1973. 19-year NBA career, 3 championships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom