THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bron probably got a dozen playoff series better than that Pistons series. I said the Orlando one cause he put up 39/8/8 that's where he went OFF like MJ in a losing effort.
I included that 07 Pistons series primarily because of the Game 5, but also because his team actually won the series. Bron just wasn't putting up 41 shots in games like Jordan was :lol:. I guess that's what you are docking him for?

Ben Simmons hears the talk, but his process is not a public experiment
i

Jackie MacMullanESPN Senior Writer

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29074004/ben-simmons-hears-talk-process-not-public-experiment

"Some people put so much emphasis on it," Simmons says. "It's a little too much. It made me back check and say, 'Let me focus on what I'm good at.'

Simmons agreed to work with a sports psychologist, while Sixers personnel, friends and teammates have tried -- and failed -- to instill the necessary impudence to get him over the hump.

"I know it's going to come," Simmons says. "It's a matter of me being comfortable doing it. Some of that is getting the reps in. I can take a hook shot from the elbow, because I've done it so many times, I'm confident it will go in. It's second nature.

"With 3s, it's never been like that. I've got to make it a point of emphasis. I could be one of those guys shooting 30% right now. But I'd rather be one of those guys shooting 40%."

"When Ben's ready to show the world how good a shooter he is, it won't just be 3s," Johnson says. "It will be pull-ups at the elbow, midrange, every aspect of the game."

Thoughts? @Moheezy @xxpizzo mrswagtastic mrswagtastic @buc em amitt5504 amitt5504
All I have to say is

I mean, nothing here is new. I like how Simmons figured out how to be aggressive when Embiid went out and now they play much better together. I think looking at Simmon's jumpshot as the main problem is like looking for your keys in a dark room but only looking at where the spotlight is pointing.

The real problems are Josh Harris being a control freak, Elton Brand being a yes man, and Brown still coaching.
Ben made some strides this year with driving to the lane and finishing. Nobody is seeing him as a one on one defender either(he’s as good as anyone on ball IMO). I’m over hoping he becomes a consistent jump shooter, he just needs to keep improving his finishing abilities in transition and getting to the hoop in half court. He can tighten up that handle too

I included that 07 Pistons series primarily because of the Game 5, but also because his team actually won the series. Bron just wasn't putting up 41 shots in games like Jordan was :lol:. I guess that's what you are docking him for?

Bro the initial response was in to Miles Bridges talking about Bron would average 90 against the Celtics. Obviously I'm referring to scoring.

Listen it didn’t work out with Melo and the city still loves him. Despite him being a major ball hog after that one run.

KD and Kyrie talk a lot of BS. They didn’t want to deal with NY media and be in the spotlight. They took the easy way out while making a bunch of bull**** excuses. Such as the practice court being too far and culture being better (which is definitely true but they went along and got Kenny fired and are about to trade the whole team).

They are better off in BK where no one will care if they win or lose.
:lol: :lol:

Ben Simmons hears the talk, but his process is not a public experiment
i

Jackie MacMullanESPN Senior Writer

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29074004/ben-simmons-hears-talk-process-not-public-experiment

"Some people put so much emphasis on it," Simmons says. "It's a little too much. It made me back check and say, 'Let me focus on what I'm good at.'

Simmons agreed to work with a sports psychologist, while Sixers personnel, friends and teammates have tried -- and failed -- to instill the necessary impudence to get him over the hump.

"I know it's going to come," Simmons says. "It's a matter of me being comfortable doing it. Some of that is getting the reps in. I can take a hook shot from the elbow, because I've done it so many times, I'm confident it will go in. It's second nature.

"With 3s, it's never been like that. I've got to make it a point of emphasis. I could be one of those guys shooting 30% right now. But I'd rather be one of those guys shooting 40%."

"When Ben's ready to show the world how good a shooter he is, it won't just be 3s," Johnson says. "It will be pull-ups at the elbow, midrange, every aspect of the game."

Thoughts? @Moheezy @xxpizzo mrswagtastic mrswagtastic @buc em amitt5504 amitt5504
I swear I had dejavu when I read sports psychologist and immediately thought I was ready an update about Fultz :smh:

I have no problem with him focusing on improving what he’s good at. Him getting better at finishingand FTs allows him to be more aggressive at everything else. Should he needs shooting more jumpers yes, but I’d rather him have that aggressive mindset when doing it rather than being passive and throwing it up to make everyone shut up

He’s ready to make that rookie to 2nd year leap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom