THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
League needs a modern pistol Pete.

C103EFEF-BA0D-420F-82E4-CDE48EA80C87.gif

You Steph dudes. 😂

He ain't no damn Pistol, dammit. Stop ruining everything.

Why isn’t he?

Let’s just focus strictly on style of play and approach to the game.

Both great shooters and elite ball handlers. Shoot from anywhere/range Flashy. Knocked for defense, maybe unfairly. Coach’s son/player’s son. Seems like a lot of legit parallels to me.

Steph is a lot closer to Pete than Steve Nash is ... if we’re leaving melanin levels out of the assessment.

Steph isn’t a playmaker like Pete was

Steph is a better playmaker than pistol Pete, by all metrics even adjusted for minutes, pace and era (look it up, if you want). If you mean maybe by flair and stuff...I can maybe see it. But Pete was a hell of playmaker himself. And the “flash” that he had was wild.

I was watching some random 1970s remastered highlights of pistol Pete the other day....he was cold.

His 68 point game dropped last week.

That basketball movie they used to show about his childhood was cool too.

Let’s just focus strictly on style of play and approach to the game.

Both great shooters and elite ball handlers. Shoot from anywhere/range Flashy. Knocked for defense, maybe unfairly. Coach’s son/player’s son. Seems like a lot of legit parallels to me.

Steph is a lot closer to Pete than Steve Nash is ... if we’re leaving melanin levels out of the assessment.
Pistol was a magician with the ball; Steph has magical plays.

HUGE difference.

Steph is a better playmaker than pistol Pete, by all metrics even adjusted for minutes, pace and era (look it up, if you want). If you mean maybe by flair and stuff...I can maybe see it. But Pete was a hell of playmaker himself. And the “flash” that he had was wild.

I was watching some random 1970s remastered highlights of pistol Pete the other day....he was cold.

His 68 point game dropped last week.

That basketball movie they used to show about his childhood was cool too.

Hearing Keith Jackson call a Maravich game is just bizarre.

Watching these 70s highlights...makes me want to watch the “White Shadow” series again. This was back when Hulu was free. Had to be like 08-09, cuz I used to watch it in between class on Hulu. Great basketball scenes in there. Good series too. Highly recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom