THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lamar Odom got that too. That he “comes and goes”

never really believed that. Consistency is a talent. Perhaps Jeff Green isn’t talented enough or good enough to be as great as the idea of him is every night.

it’s one of, if the not biggest difference when it comes to tiers of players. Consistency. Motor.

Last edited:
Matt Barnes was really the best 3, doc could get. And he did his best in that role

Tim Duncan at 39...was a dawg. Yo was a 39 year old...legit All Star in 2015 :lol:

Was really solid from 13-13 to 14-15. One of the things that killed LAC that postseason (14-15)was that they were getting real legit minutes out of their bench until, they didn’t. Austin, Jamal, Matt, Big Baby, hedo and his shirt, (yikes!), Lester Hudson (omg) all had their moments / played above their heads until game 5ish vs Houston.

Jeff had the length and athleticism to impact games more than he did. He just did not have the motor night to night. He'd show flashes from time to time like this

But then he'd go right back to being passive again.

KG tried to bring it out of him.

"You know, Jeff’s a really, really nice guy, and some nights, you know, you’ve just got to be an (expletive). You’ve got to be . . . I can’t really say what I want to say, but he’s got to be that.

Some guys just aren't wired a certain way though. Jeff just does not have that assertiveness in him.

But a ton of players show flashes. I get that JG is tantalizing, and he has the physical tools, but motor is a talent. Consistency is a talent. It’s a HUGE reason why those guys are ‘those’ guys.

I just don’t think JG was as talented as people thought in part because the motor wasn’t there, the consistency wasn’t there and IMO when people talk about how JG was ‘so’ talented, they really are leaving out motor and consistency, which is a part of being talented. He just wasn’t as talented as one would think.

A ton of nba players are average and every so often have a 30 pt game. JG just looked the part more than most of those guys.

I get what you’re saying. I think you can differentiate between talent and motor/consistency though.

why are we differentiating them though? It’s how guys like green are wrongly evaluated in the first place. Part of why a guy is talented is his consistency and motor, no? Otherwise he’s just like a ton of average to above average NBA players who every single often have a game or two where they’re killing it.

he also never reallly showed the skills consistently that made him so tantalizing in the first place. It was almost exclusively the idea.

Matt Barnes was really the best 3, doc could get. And he did his best in that role

Tim Duncan at 39...was a dawg. Yo was a 39 year old...legit All Star in 2015 :lol:
Probably wouldn't have mattered in the long run, but it would have been nice to have had a healthy Barnes with the Lakers (knee and ankle IIRC). He provided a nice dose of shooting, athleticism and energy contrast to the rest of the team.

I think Jeff Green's arrival in Boston hurt him too. Trading away Perk just put a target on him and made him walk on egg shells. He wasn't a fit for that team in particular.

Back in the day I used to think the same **** lol but

Seems like it gets said about every 6’8”+ player who is a great athlete and has some shooting/dribbling skills. Just goes to show there’s so much more to it than that.

I think Jeff Green's arrival in Boston hurt him too. Trading away Perk just put a target on him and made him walk on egg shells. He wasn't a fit for that team in particular.

I distinctly remember Collin Cowherd going off about how that was a great trade for the Cs because they “found their guy to match up with LeBron.”

I laughed out loud then and it’s even funnier now :rofl:

I distinctly remember Collin Cowherd going off about how that was a great trade for the Cs because they “found their guy to match up with LeBron.”

I laughed out loud then and it’s even funnier now :rofl:
The trade itself made sense on paper and on the books. They did need someone 6'8+ and athletic that could "match up" with LeBron.

But chemistry and team psyche is fragile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom