THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will ALWAYS support players from here but I take for granted what people think of him on a National Level. Bill Simmons still might believe in Jeff Green. I know Russillo does. :lol:

But he really has every skill needed to be a great player but it just didn't happen for whatever reason.

He was a late bloomer so maybe that was part of it? NO idea man.

VARNELL HILL VARNELL HILL ?
Forgot which thread I posted this in, but I was watching the GTown/OSU Final Four game a few weeks ago and Jeff Green legitimately only took FIVE SHOTS IN THE ENTIRE GAME. Should’ve known right then that something was off about him.

I loved his game at GTown though. Always a fan of taller dudes that can pass. He was great in his role in that offense.

Nope. I don't EXPECT that at all.

I just think it is unfair to label certain dudes as producing empty stats when SOMEBODY has to put up stats on bad teams and SOMEBODY has to play for those bad teams.

It is just disrespectful and dismissive as if those dudes asked to be in those places. (Yes, some indirectly do, I know).

Mostly agree. I still think when he's brought up, him playing on sub-par teams should be too.

Mostly agree. I still think when he's brought up, him playing on sub-par teams should be too.
Yes, when distinguishing between players of a similar level, you have no choice but to bring up team success.

I just don't know if I agree with the blaming of the best player when it comes to the team's lack of success when the team most likely would be worse off without said player. (Speaking in general)

You can pick apart aspects of Jeff Green’s game, but he absolutely does have the ability. Has zero dog in him though. Abnormal for dudes from this area.

I will ALWAYS support players from here but I take for granted what people think of him on a National Level. Bill Simmons still might believe in Jeff Green. I know Russillo does. :lol:

But he really has every skill needed to be a great player but it just didn't happen for whatever reason.

He was a late bloomer so maybe that was part of it? NO idea man.

VARNELL HILL VARNELL HILL ?

Being a late bloomer could be part of it. Never HAD to be "the man" on any level...even at Georgetown. I'd guess if that's a role you haven't been groomed into...it's an uphill battle trying to acquire it as a pro.

Being a late bloomer could be part of it. Never HAD to be "the man" on any level...even at Georgetown. I'd guess if that's a role you haven't been groomed into...it's an uphill battle trying to acquire it as a pro.
Yea, other than Jimmy Butler, how many others have really made that transition?

I would have to think about that.

Perfect example on that offensive rebound. No one boxed him out misses the first dirk gets there but still fouls him despite having height advantage and position. That ain't on the refs

Misses both free throws Dallas still cant box out Miami but they get bailed out by travel call. Then terry gets as good a look u can ask for. Lol refs tho

Always liked Jeff Greens game it just seemed like he loafed a lot or was giving about 70% effort. Maybe it had to do with the heart condition. He was good in the Celtics series with the Cavs a few years ago

Always has to be an either/or. Wade played great in the Finals but he was helped by the refs. Both things can be true. They have the entire series available on NBA TV archives I believe. Wade even alluded to him getting calls he shouldn't have.

90BED6A6-C034-4099-96F2-DE7083745A12.jpeg

Did not remember Caruso being on there :lol:

Forgot which thread I posted this in, but I was watching the GTown/OSU Final Four game a few weeks ago and Jeff Green legitimately only took FIVE SHOTS IN THE ENTIRE GAME. Should’ve known right then that something was off about him.

I loved his game at GTown though. Always a fan of taller dudes that can pass. He was great in his role in that offense.
Jeff Green only hooped cuz he’s tall and coordinated, yo don’t care bout basketball ...Most of the league is like that, they just getting the check but average fans don’t wanna hear that tho

Ben Macklemorewas the same till he got in Dantoni’s system

Last edited:
Jeff Green only hooped cuz he’s tall and coordinated, yo don’t care bout basketball ...Most of the league is like that, they just getting the check but average fans don’t wanna hear that tho

Ben Macklemorewas the same till he got in Dantoni’s system

You really think it’s most of the league? I think there’s plenty of guys like that, but I don’t know if it’s the majority. Lots of NBA players who really love playing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom