THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear this should be stickied to the top of this thread right now. This sideshow they're trying to pull off is a CLEAR move centered around business interests and nothing more.

Can they "protest" while playing...SURE!!! But that's not the reason why they've spent the past 4 months planning this bull**** for. Is not playing going to end white supremacy? NO!!! But that's not why there are players who are hesitant in playing. There's a MIX of ethical AND logistical concerns at play.

They just spent an ENTIRE offseason and some at home in what's being sold as a "pause" in the season. L's have already been handed out across the board. The most rational thing to for everyone is to cut losses and figure out how to start the next season (if even possible). Not try to squeeze a weird *** summer league out of these bammas and then ask em to turn right around and start a "new" season in 2 months.

If people are THAT thirsty for sports....enjoy the replacement players and be good with it. Just call this what it is: a play to salvage the bag as much as possible. There's no added bonus of "spreading awareness" while doing so.

The fact that there are so many people buying this idea of them playing being some sort of platform to protest is nasty. Dragging in player narratives into the mix is even nastier :sick::sick::sick:.

Incredible how the peanut gallery fell for the "Kyrie Ture is spreading propaganda and trying to ruin the fun" media rollout too. This **** is wicked :lol::smh:

Very well said. This should be stickied as well tbh.

I’m not confident in the outcome to the point that I’m willing to take $150 from BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE but like I’ve been saying for weeks, the NBA really needs to roll out their full proposal ASAP. They’re supposed to have players traveling to Orlando in three weeks and there’s not even a plan in place

Definitely a mistake on my end. The laughing emoji is right next to the 100 emoji, and on the one that I reacted to, where you just said 'I'm with whatever they think is best long term', I definitely meant to click the 100.
:lol: Cool, I miss a lot in this thread so didn't want people misconstruing me as some team polo wearing "muh sports" type fool.

If players really about that action and on some "we about us and not the owners" they would boycott the season and go march. Especially Lebron. They spray-painted ****** on his crib. All the money in the world can't stop you from being black, Can you imagine if one of your sons isn't as famous as you are and is driving around going about his business and some police pull him over with intentions of murder? This **** bigger than money. And the entire "sports unify us" narrative is ****ery. It distracts us. If sports really unified us, then John Carlos and Tommy Smith would have never have been blackballed and we wouldn't be here 52 years later having this discussion.

Last edited:
buc em buc em reading this thread from the shadow realm like....
giphy.gif

Very well said. This should be stickied as well tbh.

I’m not confident in the outcome to the point that I’m willing to take $150 from BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE but like I’ve been saying for weeks, the NBA really needs to roll out their full proposal ASAP. They’re supposed to have players traveling to Orlando in three weeks and there’s not even a plan in place
They got cats overseas right now too...It’s looking like they rushed to announce the return for headlines and keep stringing people along during the dead summer months...They legit don’t have a plan worked out other than “Disney, bubble, 22 teams” :lol: :smh:

With everything going on right now in the world, the fact that some people are reducing the NBA situation to Weirdo Kyrie vs. LeBron is legitimately fascinating.

I’m might put in a grant request for a sociological study invoking NT. I’ll probably get turned down because my only qualification is having taken Soc 101 in college. But still. Fascinating in here.

If players really about that action and on some "we about us and not the owners" they would boycott the season and go march. Especially Lebron. They spray-painted ****** on his crib. All the money in the world can't stop you from being black, Can you imagine if one of your sons isn't as famous as you are and is driving around going about his business and some police pull him over with intentions of murder? This **** bigger than money. And the entire "sports unify us" narrative is ****ery. It distracts us. If sports really unified us, then John Carlos and Tommy Smith would have never have been blackballed and we wouldn't be here 52 years later having this discussion.
Yea that sports “uniting” always been phony to me...NFL fans showed me this at an early age, they take a couple hours out of their week on Sunday to root for black dudes or go watch a game in the city they swear is so terrible then go back to their usual racism after that

At the start of the quarantine the ppl in charge was pressed to get ppl back to work and calling on the commissioners to find a way to play games cuz those are the biggest distractions from all the bs they got going on

They got cats overseas right now too...It’s looking like they rushed to announce the return for headlines and keep stringing people along during the dead summer months...They legit don’t have a plan worked out other than “Disney, bubble, 22 teams” :lol: :smh:
What was voted on by the board of governors and the players then? :lol: >D
(this is a legit question btw. I have to clarify since dudes are trying to make it seem like I’m on that buc em tip).

Basically just those 3 things :lol: ...Thats why they still having discussions on what exactly they wanna do, it was a pure rush job for headlines
Also I wonder how the rise of cases in Orlando and Florida as a whole, along with the MLS also trying to resume at the WWOS factors into this “plan”.

Yea that sports “uniting” always been phony to me...NFL fans showed me this at an early age, they take a couple hours out of their week on Sunday to root for black dudes or go watch a game in the city they swear is so terrible then go back to their usual racism after that

At the start of the quarantine the ppl in charge was pressed to get ppl back to work and calling on the commissioners to find a way to play games cuz those are the biggest distractions from all the bs they got going on

Sports can give the appearance of uniting people, but it’s almost always very temporary and doesn’t involve anyone actually changing who they are.

To give an example, after Hank Gathers’ tragic death, the city of LA got invested in Loyola Marymount basketball like never before. Folks really supported their tournament run. Then they were eliminated and about a month later it was back to business as usual. That’s how it usually works - superficial unity until the Cinderella team or athlete loses.

If the NBA players decide to go the boycotting route, I hope NFL players try to do the same. The impact would be enormous considering the demographic of the NFL’s fanbase. I fear that if football returns as normal during the NBA boycott, football will dominate the headlines.
That concern definitely isn’t a reason to not do it though.

Doesn’t matter how you look at it, that’s a lot of money that the players might have to leave on the table. Sadly, the money always prevails, so despite players wanting to do things for the greater good, I’ll be shocked if anything else happens.

If the NBA players decide to go the boycotting route, I hope NFL players try to do the same. The impact would be enormous considering the demographic of the NFL’s fanbase. I fear that if football returns as normal during the NBA boycott, football will dominate the headlines.
That concern definitely isn’t a reason to not do it though.

I agree with you. They need to. NFL Union/players been takin’ L’s at the bargaining table each timeZ. This is a perfect time for them to get their point across, Rally against the tyranny of these out of touch old time nfl owners, and whatever else that needs to be rectified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom