THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s actually a net positive for the Hawks how good he is on offense so it more than balances out...only B Sox B Sox would agree wit you on this take

But hey if you wanna go against 21 year old averaging 30 and 10 on one of the worst rosters in the league this year go ahead

Didn't even take the bait :lol:

Young / Huerter / Reddish / Hunter / Collins had a 6.1 Net RTG on the season. They're probably a playoff team if Collins doesn't roid up.

He’s actually a net positive for the Hawks how good he is on offense so it more than balances out...only B Sox B Sox would agree wit you on this take

But hey if you wanna go against 21 year old averaging 30 and 10 on one of the worst rosters in the league this year go ahead
What he did this season offensively was pretty incredible and he's very fun to watch. His impact on team defense is a MAJOR issue that seems to just be glossed over.

His numbers are cool, but I just don't think they're sustainable whatsoever if his team is ever going to be remotely competitive. Same thing goes for Beal and his numbers this year. Juiced.

I can’t let the Trae Young so bad in defense narritve rock just cuz I watched yo in every game in person or tv down here ...He sucks on the defense but if he’s in the game they have a chance cuz shorty gets buckets in a team where nobody else except Collins, who was missing most of the year can manufacture offense...When he’s on the bench the defense is better but you got cats like Evan Turner, Bembry, washed Jeff Teague and D leaguers bricking everything and turning the ball over it’s ugly

If Capella, Reddish , Hunter and Huerter all healthy and playing defense that’s more than enough to cancel out Trae’s defense long as he good for 30 a night...This hasn’t happened yet so can’t blame shorty, he been holding up his end

He has the highest offensive plus minus of any PG and the worst defensive plus minus of any PG. He comes out to 28th overall among PGs. He's great on offensive but he doesn't deserve to top a list until he finds a way to improve on that end. Wouldn't argue for 2nd or 3rd. They are going to have a really hard time hiding him on defense as they improve. It's going to be a long term team issue. He may not be on a lot of good teams.

I can’t let the Trae Young so bad in defense narritve rock just cuz I watched yo in every game in person or tv down here ...He sucks on the defense but if he’s in the game they have a chance cuz shorty gets buckets in a team where nobody else except Collins, who was missing most of the year can manufacture offense...When he’s on the bench the defense is better but you got cats like Evan Turner, Bembry, washed Jeff Teague and D leaguers bricking everything and turning the ball over it’s ugly

If Capella, Reddish , Hunter and Huerter all healthy and playing defense that’s more than enough to cancel out Trae’s defense long as he good for 30 a night...This hasn’t happened yet so can’t blame shorty, he been holding up his end

#Context.

Hawks had babies and unplayable vets surrounding Trae this year and his 2nd best player was on Roids and he still put up an efficient 30/4/10

They're building the ideal team around Trae though they're just babies tbh Trae's rapid development along w/Luka and Dallas has kind of just made nat'l media feel like the hawks should be further along. Huerter / Hunter / Reddish is a ton of shooting, length, and secondary / tertiary ball handling.

Like I said, they were a positive when their core played which is encouraging moving forward and they've got one of the top 5/7 offensive players in the league.

MY HAWKS

He has the highest offensive plus minus of any PG and the worst defensive plus minus of any PG. He comes out to 28th overall among PGs. He's great on offensive but he doesn't deserve to top a list until he finds a way to improve on that end. Wouldn't argue for 2nd or 3rd. They are going to have a really hard time hiding him on defense as they improve. It's going to be a long term team issue. He may not be on a lot of good teams.
Plus minus talk to boost or knock an individual player, yea you got it wo ...Not like most of time he was out there with rookies, Damian Jones and Allen Crabbe...That would boost anybody’s plus minus

The same people screaming "his defense" also told me he was going to be Pre-Bubble Trey Burke a couple years ago. They already down on the scoreboard.

Plus minus talk to boost or knock an individual player, yea you got it wo ...Not like most of time he was out there with rookies, Damian Jones and Allen Crabbe...That would boost anybody’s plus minus
No issue with someone calling him 2nd best...I can't call a player that bad on one end best at his position. That's my opinion and I have no problem with yours. I mentioned the 28th overall plus minus to illustrate just how bad he is on defense despite easily being 1st offensively.

The same people screaming "his defense" also told me he was going to be Pre-Bubble Trey Burke a couple years ago. They already down on the scoreboard.
Even funnier is “PG defense don’t matter” is/was a thing but he held to the highest standard of defensive ability while averaging 30...what’s the dude’s that checking yo doing then?

Drove 13 hours to my parents house today. Haven't seen my family since Thanksgiving..... This is the environment I was raised in.

BA5DED59-3D72-40C5-982F-7B6251452203.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom