THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mavs were coming off 3 straight seasons of no more then 33 wins...they were pretty bad for a while. They got Porzingis but the rest of that roster is probably below average to be honest. Tim Hardaway, Delon Wright, Maxi Kleiber, Dorian Finney Smith, Seth Curry, Dwight Powell...some ok players but nothing setting the world on fire and Porzingis has missed 16 games and was awful early on. And it's the west. I think most would say he's elevating his roster to be better then it is.

That’s still a night and day difference between what the Hawks are working with. From the top down the Mavs are in a much different space. And that’s not a slight at Luka because he’s the goods but he’s in way better situation.

Damn, I think it was this site “My Fitteds”
DB0DF12B-18AE-4BB1-8AED-932C97A6C197.jpeg

Can’t believe they still exist but it looks like they expanded into snapbacks and father hats as well. Good for them.
fitteds done made a helluva resurgence in 2020... MFs doing preorders and selling out in 5 min because of hypebeasts now :sick:

fitteds done made a helluva resurgence in 2020... MFs doing preorders and selling out in 5 min because of hypebeasts now :sick:

I was actually wondering if dudes still rocked fitteds when I posted that/went to the site :lol: When did they fall off? They’re really making a comeback in 2020? Wow.

That’s still a night and day difference between what the Hawks are working with. From the top down the Mavs are in a much different space. And that’s not a slight at Luka because he’s the goods but he’s in way better situation.
I don't know man...most of those guys are castoffs or lower end guys they developed into ok role players. I think a lot of people wouldn't be surprised of the record was 28-40 instead with that group.

Mavs were coming off 3 straight seasons of no more then 33 wins...they were pretty bad for a while. They got Porzingis but the rest of that roster is probably below average to be honest. Tim Hardaway, Delon Wright, Maxi Kleiber, Dorian Finney Smith, Seth Curry, Dwight Powell...some ok players but nothing setting the world on fire and Porzingis has missed 16 games and was awful early on. And it's the west. I think most would say he's elevating his roster to be better then it is.

The Hawks head coach has been a Head coach for as long as trae young has been in the league. Rick is a damn HoF'er

The guys you named are young, good, seasoned players in the league.

Cam Reddish is a rookie. Hunter is a rookie. Huerter is in his 2nd year. Vince Carter at 42 years old was an actual rotation player for them. Brandon Goodwin? Chandler Parsons? Stop it.

Come on man. And he STILL averaged 30/4/10 With the aforementioned. Spectacular.

I don't know man...most of those guys are castoffs or lower end guys they developed into ok role players. I think a lot of people wouldn't be surprised of the record was 28-40 instead with that group.

They are all established role players with identities. It makes a difference

I definitely don't see them being better than..

Bucks
Raptors
Celtics
Heat
Pacers
Sixers
Nets

That's 7. They going to be better than the Wizards with Wall back? And the Magic?

I dunno man. I'm interested to see it.

I think so. Year 3 Trae should be that good, in conjunction with internal development from everyone else.

The Hawks head coach has been a Head coach for as long as trae young has been in the league. Rick is a damn HoF'er

The guys you named are young, good, seasoned players in the league.

Cam Reddish is a rookie. Hunter is a rookie. Huerter is in his 2nd year. Vince Carter at 42 years old was an actual rotation player for them. Brandon Goodwin? Chandler Parsons? Stop it.

Come on man. And he STILL averaged 30/4/10 With the aforementioned. Spectacular.
Vegas had the Mavs at 39.5 wins Luka has surpassed this seasons expectations by quite a bit. I didn't say a single word about the Hawks so i'm not sure what all that is about lol...I understand where you get that from but I was done talking about Trae Young. People were getting upset that I wasn't saying he was de facto the best PG in the east which is completely irrational at this stage of his career.

Last edited:
Speaking of random sites...

What was the site that used to have the fake XIs back in the early 00s with the Gucci and LV prints and whatnot?

Crazy that Nike allowed them to go legit.

I was actually wondering if dudes still rocked fitteds when I posted that/went to the site :lol: When did they fall off? They’re really making a comeback in 2020? Wow.
seems like they fell off when the snapbacks and later on dad hats started to pick up steam. idk what led to the comeback but i can't recall a time when they were this popular.

Damn good defense by the champs. AD needs to adjust tho. He knows hes getting doubled right away. He needs to be a bit more aggressive as soon as he touches the rock

You can't make this up. Jonathan Isaac went from a 3rd year player that was finally coming into his own on a fringe playoff team but was really only talked about in hardcore basketball circles....to being a top jersey seller and the Conservative face of the NBA :rofl:
1596307161732.png

If he kneels again tomorrow night against the Kings and it gets coverage, I'm fully expecting an @realDonaldTrump Monday morning mention

bruh facts. White dude I used to be cool with was on that ****.

I knew he been on tip though. Other day i posted this dope vid from Michael B Jordan about Issa Rae saying shes rooting for everybody black, followed with the wale track about rooting for everybody black. he felt froggish and he commited 'hmmm, wonder what would happen if somebody white said this..'

He a hockey fan dude. doesnt watch hoops at all.

Posted about Isaac all day lmaooooo. 'Great job standing up for what you believe in! You gotta friend in me!' Woody n Buzz head ***.

sucka boy.

So we talking like they are gonna like the Magic? Or like the Heat?
If you mean going to the playoffs as a 4th seed or a 7th/8th seed either would be fine IMO 7th to 8th more realistic but that’s still fine. This Hawks roster as it currently is isn’t gonna make noise in the playoffs i don’t expect that but at least getting there in Traes 3rd year even as a 8th seed would be great development just to dip his toe (Collins too) in that playoff environment. We haven’t made the playoffs in 3 years and committed to a full rebuild i don’t expect us 3 years into this to be the around the 4th seed again. I’m fine with contending for that 8th spot next year as long as the upward trajectory continues.

Idk how an alleged "Top 5" guy can't do anything but pass back out to the three point line in a hurry when a double team comes. Tunnel vision

2 games in a row Lakers and specifically bron, have looked reggie af. lucky af Lou needed to see some ******* and disney blocked p-hub.

I'm'a tell you guys, my son effing LOVES these New Chris Paul commercials. He effing cracks TF up.

"Barb, tell me what you not seeing."
"My name's not Barb. You're not Chris Paul."
"Stop it, Nancy. WOOO!!"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
that commercial was pure gold. Cracks me up.

stop it Nancy! Underdog, put that on a tshirt!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom