THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went through about 5 preseason projections/forecasts none of them had OKC in the playoffs. So at least in the media's mind they weren't expected to be good, let alone be in position to be a top 4 seed in the playoffs.

Wall seems to have finally gotten serious about his career. Hopefully he keeps this energy in the '21 season. Willing to give him another shot but Wizards should have unloaded him before that contract.
He was 26 years old coming off his first All-NBA appearance and was the face of the franchise when they gave him the extension. Every team in the league would've given him that.

Everyone expected them to be bad....

It seems like that was just an overreaction to them trading away their two stars.

They traded Westbrook and George for Paul, SGA, and Gallinari, and kept Schroeder as their 6th man. They're ceiling dropped (arguable) but their floor didn't drop at all imo.

OKC picked up the two of the best players from the clippers playoff team, kept their super 6th and big, and added a veteran HOF PG. the only way it was going to get ugly is if they blew it up. Which they didn’t.

its not a knock on Donovan or nurse but no one had the grizzlies making the playoffs. Maybe wait on COTY voting if anything
Wouldn’t mempis success be more cause of Ja being so much better than expected? Dillon brooks also even though he’s a bit of a chuck

dwyane-wade.jpg

Wouldn’t mempis success be more cause of Ja being so much better than expected? Dillon brooks also even though he’s a bit of a chuck

Of course but even with him being way better, that roster construction doesn’t scream playoff team.

I just went through about 5 preseason projections/forecasts none of them had OKC in the playoffs. So at least in the media's mind they weren't expected to be good, let alone be in position to be a top 4 seed in the playoffs.

this, all of this..

i assumed It was building up SGA and see who else would stick around.. and then seeing what you could get for adams and other role players from contenders.. and who knew cp still had this left, cause I assumed he’d either get bought out or they were stuck with him

In terms of the pre-season expectations for OKC, I think a lot of media types, etc. basically assumed they weren’t going to actually try to be good; that they’d try to flip Gallo and CP3 as soon as they could.

Don’t like that I’m missing Games at work with the new schedule

but LOVE that the last game starts at 9:00. They can keep this going for the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom