THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean there's a pretty easy argument to be made that Curry is the 2nd best PG ever. EYE would still like to see some more longevity before setting that in stone though.

No way in hell he isn’t top 5. Dudes wildin lol

The average casual fan does not believe this. The average fan believes swap dame with Steph...and you’ll get the same result. I be telling y’all on here how Most fans don’t fully, really understand Steph’s greatness, outside of shooting. And pretty much undersell him as a complete basketball player...or attribute his success to things like having good teammates :lol:.

I mean there's a pretty easy argument to be made that Curry is the 2nd best PG ever. EYE would still like to see some more longevity before setting that in stone though.

convo starts at 3

magic, zeke and then you start having arguments.. between a few guys

if curry is drafted in ‘99 instead of ‘09 his career isn’t the same.. because he literally had to be taught how to run properly because of his ankle injuries (for example)

plus what makes the warriors THAT great before durant was having 2 of the greatest shooters ever.. the 2nd part of that equation doesn’t get discussed nearly enough

and yes his shooting ability does elevate him up the rankings, his deficiencies in his game are pretty clear which was my point regarding Nash being the better player and point guard.. Nash was a great shooter also, but dude was just flat out better running an offense and setting his teammates up

while steph has handles, he beats guys because you have to respect his shoot off the dribble THAT much.. Nash just beat guys off the dribble and wish he played today when shooting from point guards and 3s is more emphasized

Last edited:
The average casual fan does not believe this. The average fan believes swap dame with Steph...and you’ll get the same result. I be telling y’all on here how Most fans don’t fully, really understand Steph’s greatness, outside of shooting. And pretty much undersell him as a complete basketball player...or attribute his success to things like having good teammates :lol:.

Noticed this in most of the sports threads. Almost always sounds personal :lol:

convo starts at 3

magic, zeke and then you start having arguments.. between a few guys

if curry is drafted in ‘99 instead of ‘09 his career isn’t the same.. because he literally had to be taught how to run properly because of his ankle injuries

plus what makes the warriors THAT great before durant was having 2 of the greatest shooters ever.. the 2nd part of that equation doesn’t get discussed nearly enough

and yes his shooting ability does elevate him up the rankings, his deficiencies in his game are pretty clear which was my point regarding Nash being the better player and point guard.. Nash was a great shooter also, but dude was just flat out better running an offense and setting his teammates up

while steph has handles, he beats guys because you have to respect his shoot off the dribble THAT much.. Nash just beat guys off the dribble and wish he played today when shooting from point guards and 3s is more emphasized

Steph Curry was the guy that led the best offense in history...with Draymond green as his 3rd option to 73 wins....while shooting 50-45-90 and averaging 30/7/6...led the league in steals and hit 400 3s.

Most of the guys from the 2016 “strength in numbers” warriors team...were out the league by 2018 lol. Speights, Ezili, Barbosa.

He gets his teammates set up and runs an offense in ways that LITERALLY makes his entire team better.

You’re knocking him, for using his shooting ability as a threat to beat players off the dribble. Lmao.

THIS
IS
WHAT
I
MEAN

😴
😴

Who would be your 2 if not him?
Zeke. Doesn't have the accolades, but he was a killer. Just reading articles that were written at the time, on top of what pretty much everyone he played with during that era say about him. His bball ref doesn't tell the story. Same thing I said with Magic and Nash.

Curry right there though. Not really going to argue if you want to put him 2 instead.

Steph Curry was the guy that led the best offense in history...with Draymond green as his 3rd option to 73 wins....while shooting 50-45-90 and averaging 30/7/6...led the league in steals and hit 400 3s.

Most of the guys from the 2016 “strength in numbers” warriors team...were out the league by 2018 lol. Speights, Ezili, Barbosa.

He gets his teammates set up and runs an offense in ways that LITERALLY makes his entire team better.

You’re knocking him, for using his shooting ability as a threat to beat players off the dribble. Lmao.

THIS
IS
WHAT
I
MEAN

😴
😴

he’s a great player.. being compared to other great players

jason Kidd couldn’t shoot a lick and is also one of the greatest point guards of all time

Zeke. Doesn't have the accolades, but he was a killer. Just reading articles that were written at the time, on top of what pretty much everyone he played with during that era say about him. His bball ref doesn't tell the story. Same thing I said with Magic and Nash.

Curry right there though. Not really going to argue if you want to put him 2 instead.

zeke’s offensive numbers aren’t as great as they could be just because what he was asked to do

obviously we know Nash would be shooting 7-8 3s per if he played today

im curious what Stockton would look like today given he became a 40% 3 pt shooter after couple years in the league

Is Steph even the greatest Warriors PG?

Call me crazy, but they don’t lose that 2016 Finals with BD as their PG.

zeke’s offensive numbers aren’t as great as they could be just because what he was asked to do

obviously we know Nash would be shooting 7-8 3s per if he played today

im curious what Stockton would look like today given he became a 40% 3 pt shooter after couple years in the league
We’ve talked about Stockton in here too. I think it’s pretty clear that he’d basically be Chris Paul. Others in here just think he’d be TJ McConnell though :lol:

Steve is my guy but he wouldn’t benefit anymore in this era if he continued to be reluctant to shoot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom