THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's common that black coaches get hired with no previous experience? I'm definitely not aware of this as a norm.

-foe
Allow me to enlighten you.

Black
Jason Kidd
Mark Jackson
Isiah Thomas
Doc Rivers
ML Carr
Magic Johnson
Quinn Buckner
Paul Silas

White
Steve Nash
Steve Kerr
Vinny Del Negro
Kevin McHale
Larry Bird
Dan Issel
**** Van Arsdale

I was more responding to what you said, not what SAS said. Sure, there are examples of that happening, so he was technically incorrect in saying it never happens. Metaphorically speaking, though, (which is what most of these journalistic shows are, metaphorical), he was spot on. Looking at race for every single thing is not racism. The power structure that holds white people at the top of a societal food chain, that's racism. The collective undermining and belittling of black people, frustrating the attempts of black people trying to rise and get ahead, that's racism.

-foe

when you look at race to explain every hire, every fire, every promotion etc you are saying people are only defined by their skin color. Which is what racists do. Nash is more than his skin. So are the black coaches. I judge by their merits not immutable traits like skin color which I find rather boring.

Black coaches have a much more difficult time moving up the ladder than white coaches and get significantly less opportunities. Same white coaches get chance after chance.

When it comes to coaches hired with no experience though, I don't think you can really draw any conclusion that involves race as a factor. Generally ends up being point guards who are thought to have a better understanding of the game than players at other positions.

To switch it up lol it would be an interesting hire because Pringles never worked a point forward and a big who’s dominant in the post.

He had Marion who was a point forward technically but also had Nash for 7SOL. Wouldn’t be the ideal hire but it would be interesting

I just want someone who can just look at the Clippers v Sixers game from February, look at how Simmons and Embiid played together on offense and build the system from that. Then just added the necessary pieces ie get rid of Horford and have a guard who can dribble and shoot

He'll definitely improve the offense seeing as to how bad they were this year, but the gift & the curse of Dantoni is that he's an enabler. He's a coach that will continue to let bad habits linger & grow w/o holding the player (or himself for that matter) accountable. IDK if that's what i would want if i have a guy like Embiid

Like, if you were to pick guys who you think would be solid coaches out of recently retired players, I feel like Steve Nash and Jason Kidd would be no brainers at the top of your list. Dudes you would consider to have extremely high Bball IQ when they were on the court, hoping it could translate.

He'll definitely improve the offense seeing as to how bad they were this year, but the gift & the curse of Dantoni is that he's an enabler. He's a coach that will continue to let bad habits linger & grow w/o holding the player (or himself for that matter) accountable. IDK if that's what i would want if i have a guy like Embiid
My thing with Embiid is that Brown gave him too much responsibility on offense and defense. I understand Embiid is the best post player in the league but we were overly reliant on it. You maximize Embiid by having him stretch a bit, be a screener and roller and also sit in the dunkers spot. It doesn’t sound ideal for a top 10 player but doing that keeps him engaged as well as allows him to focus more on defense and shutting **** down there. He’d be able to get into better shape and instinctively make better plays inside of being forced to always drop.

That’s why I’m so gung-ho on having whatever coach build a system around that Clippers-Sixers game. It’s A prime example on how to best use both Embiid and Simmons without leaning more one way

When the Bucks target a star in the off-season, said star asks Giannis whether he is staying long-term or not, Giannis won't commit and star doesn't come to the Bucks making Giannis mad and wants out >

History tells us that stars who are non committal despite being given the franchise are out.

He's got one year left on his deal and he's probably not signing the super max. He's out.

History tells us that stars who are non committal despite being given the franchise are out.

He's got one year left on his deal and he's probably not signing the super max. He's out.

Screenshot_20200914-005640.jpg

Soon :pimp:

When the Bucks target a star in the off-season, said star asks Giannis whether he is staying long-term or not, Giannis won't commit and star doesn't come to the Bucks making Giannis mad and wants out >
Which star, do you think?

-foe

Feel like Oladipo could be a get for them considering he's not going back to Indiana after next season either and maybe the Pacers don't want to lose him for nothing.

This always happens a small market team says they want to keep their star and will trade and sign for anyone and everyone. You have to look for other small market superstars that embrace that small market that aren’t winning. One player I can see if KLove. The fact that he signed with the Cavs after LeBron left says something. Does KLove put them over the top? Not really. It does show Giannis they are trying and maybe get him extend a couple years before offering supermax.

Which star, do you think?

-foe
There's really no realistic star free agents they can sign this off-season and I don't think they have enough salaries/assets to throw at a disgruntled star via trade. But I suppose 35 year old Chris Paul is available.

So basically, the Bucks are ****ed.

Bucks have $130M in guaranteed contracts and that's without Korver and Connaughton. Robin Lopez has a $5M player option which I assume he'll pick up, and Wes Matthews has a $2.7M player option which I could potentially see him turning down.

I assume they aren't touching Middleton or Brook Lopez. That leaves them with Bledose ($17M), Hill ($9.5M), Ilyasova ($7M), and White Donte ($3M) as their tradable contracts. Only picks they have are their own. Don't see how any of that stuff gets you some kind of star.

Bucks have $130M in guaranteed contracts and that's without Korver and Connaughton. Robin Lopez has a $5M player option which I assume he'll pick up, and Wes Matthews has a $2.7M player option which I could potentially see him turning down.

I assume they aren't touching Middleton or Brook Lopez. That leaves them with Bledose ($17M), Hill ($9.5M), Ilyasova ($7M), and White Donte ($3M) as their tradable contracts. Only picks they have are their own. Don't see how any of that stuff gets you some kind of star.

Don’t necessarily think you have to get a star but better pieces can be acquired. I’d move brook too if possible.

Don’t necessarily think you have to get a star but better pieces can be acquired. I’d move brook too if possible.
I just think it's going to be difficult to even do that. Ilyasova and Hill are 33 and 34. Nobody is going to want them. Eric Bledsoe and White Donte are basically all they have. Draft picks aren't going to be appealing. Why is some team going to trade a better player away in order to get Eric Bledsoe and the 28th pick?

MLE is their best chance at getting something to help them.

I just think it's going to be difficult to even do that. Ilyasova and Hill are 33 and 34. Nobody is going to want them. Eric Bledsoe and White Donte are basically all they have. Draft picks aren't going to be appealing. Why is some team going to trade a better player away in order to get Eric Bledsoe and the 28th pick?

MLE is their best chance at getting something to help them.

ilyasova isn’t guaranteed for next season. But yeah it’s going to be some next level trickery to get rid of Bledsoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom