THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
724D69B8-AE47-4026-966F-08A22D9E7E05.jpeg
92B5AA6D-FC1C-4E28-9750-46C6250B9772.jpeg

$34M net 60% is life changing money for sure but I hate that IT’s hip went out just as he was gonna get paid. Was also funny watching ppl backtrack who wanted him off the bench or laughed at that Kyrie picture.

Well deserved 2nd team all-nba.... over John Wall, then dropped 50 & eliminated the wizards in the playoffs that year. He was getting cashed out man. Worst possible timing.

Good to see the guys in organized training again
A4EA1585-FBDD-4DE1-94D6-BEFC568E76B1.jpeg
6E531F50-61C3-4DB9-8057-19BFE7B65A51.jpeg
9E45F57A-C0D6-4CAA-AC7B-2A12E5E81BA0.jpeg

Reddish was improving a bit towards the end of last season before the pandemic. Started slow at the beginning but was getting it together. Would love for him to keep that going and take another step this season

$34M net 60% is life changing money for sure but I hate that IT’s hip went out just as he was gonna get paid. Was also funny watching ppl backtrack who wanted him off the bench or laughed at that Kyrie picture.

Well deserved 2nd team all-nba.... over John Wall, then dropped 50 & eliminated the wizards in the playoffs that year. He was getting cashed out man. Worst possible timing.
Boogie missed out on a max because of his Achilles. Then he passed on a $40M contract from New Orleans to go to Golden State for $5M. :sick:

Atleast he got the rookie max.

Boogie missed out on a max because of his Achilles. Then he passed on a $40M contract from New Orleans to go to Golden State for $5M. :sick:

Atleast he got the rookie max.

The $40 M at the time was a two year deal...and seen as a low ball. Especially coming from a time where Wes Matthews had a similar injury, and still got his $$. But the GMs got a lil smarter about handing out crazy bags to injured guys. Especially bigs. Boogie was betting on himself that he could come back and restore his value.

It legit got worse for him. Terrible timing/luck. It pained me to watch him move & run last year. Was real cringe.

why did they decide to start training camp for the other 8 teams so early? season won't even start til next yr. i would've thought at least wait til after the draft and offseason

Bill Simmons slams Paul George for Championship or Bust statement
According to Simmons, the Clippers have put so much on the line to acquire Paul George from OKC that they cannot afford to perform below expectations.

He went out on a rant to say that the Clippers traded a hundred picks for him and gave up on a lot of their future in order to secure the title this time round.

With this one being a ‘bust’ season, there is going to be immense pressure next time round, as the Clippers have invested heavily in the duo of Kawhi Leonard and Paul George

“It’s not championship or bust”? Of course it is! They traded a hundred draft picks for you and you can opt out. I thought Lakers were lucky not facing them but now I think Lakers would’ve beat this Clippers, they are mentally weak.” Simmons said.

This makes sense because Kawhi and Paul George parachuted themselves onto a Clippers team that had already won 48 games in the past season.

Bill Simmons slams Paul George for Championship or Bust statement
According to Simmons, the Clippers have put so much on the line to acquire Paul George from OKC that they cannot afford to perform below expectations.

He went out on a rant to say that the Clippers traded a hundred picks for him and gave up on a lot of their future in order to secure the title this time round.

With this one being a ‘bust’ season, there is going to be immense pressure next time round, as the Clippers have invested heavily in the duo of Kawhi Leonard and Paul George

“It’s not championship or bust”? Of course it is! They traded a hundred draft picks for you and you can opt out. I thought Lakers were lucky not facing them but now I think Lakers would’ve beat this Clippers, they are mentally weak.” Simmons said.

This makes sense because Kawhi and Paul George parachuted themselves onto a Clippers team that had already won 48 games in the past season.
F Bill Simmons

why did they decide to start training camp for the other 8 teams so early? season won't even start til next yr. i would've thought at least wait til after the draft and offseason
It’s more of a stay warm active thing probably. These guys would have been out of team activities for a while if they didn’t have this camp

I think Westbrook is Tillman's guy and Jimmy is the odd man out. Also think they bring in Sam Cassell

“We used to go to UCLA in the summers. I’m in there one day working him over, I’m just pump-faking and everything. And he just has so much energy. One time Kevin Garnett came over to UCLA and I said, ‘You know that kid, Russell?’ And KG said ‘Who’s that?’ I said, ‘the kid who’s been dunking, running all fast with the ball. He’s gonna be good, man’ .”

After Cassell worked him in their first meeting, he recalls how eager Westbrook was for their rematch. He continued: “We got out of the car and walked to the arena and Russell was at that first door, waiting on me, bouncing the ball and he said, ‘I’m glad you made it. I don’t believe with how slow you are, you’re getting your shot off on me like that.”

“So me and Ticket [Garnett] were walking around the gym and I said, ‘That kid is gonna be awesome one day. That man confronted me.’ At that time I’m a bad boy, and he met me at the door,” said Cassell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom