THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You really believe this? :lol:

In part...yeah. There’s truth to it. Bron does in fact love to control the sports narrative (which isn’t 100% a bad thing....until it’s OD). The average fan consumes looks at basketball through the lens of social media and hot take analysis. It’s insanely popular. How you think Nick Wright got these new Tyga hair pieces. The money flowing in :lol:. Nba media is at an all time high right now. It’s highly centered on LeBron & Free Agency, and the talent/social presence of the emerging stars throughout.

And yes. Y’all can act all clueless and sarcastic as you want....but for the 1000x, there’s a segment of fans out here that hate Steph curry because he comes from relative privilege, is light skin, doesn’t fit the stereotypical mold of a dominant basketball player, and is perceived as “soft”, while also standing directly in front of the leagues premier player (Bron) winning chips.

Matt Barnes will tell you too @4:40 mark:

But this has been discussed and written about ad nauseam.

Disgusting.

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 12.35.17 PM.png
3C156615-AB89-4ABC-B99D-26B87883B5C2.gif

In part...yeah. There’s truth to it. Bron does in fact love to control the sports narrative (which isn’t 100% a bad thing....until it’s OD). The average fan consumes looks at basketball through the lens of social media and hot take analysis. It’s insanely popular. How you think Nick Wright got these new Tyga hair pieces. The money flowing in :lol:. Nba media is at an all time high right now. It’s highly centered on LeBron & Free Agency, and the talent/social presence of the emerging stars throughout.

And yes. Y’all can act all clueless and sarcastic as you want....but for the 1000x, there’s a segment of fans out here that hate Steph curry because he comes from relative privilege, is light skin, doesn’t fit the stereotypical mold of a dominant basketball player, and is perceived as “soft”, while also standing directly in front of the leagues premier player (Bron) winning chips.

Explain Devin Booker. Light skin. And the others I mentioned.

Y'all just can't fathom that dudes just may not mess with Steph. Rookies in 2018 didn't vote for him as their favorite player either.

I just refuse to believe Nick Wright in influencing future NBA players personally. I get that they are kids and impressionable but do you think Windhorst is dropping some bombs that are swaying them too?
And if Booker can make the list why can't Steph? People call him out in the media for being soft and a loser

Steph is not humble whatsoever. Him and the rest of the warriors ushered in the extreme showboating era. I'm numb to it now but when he first came on the scene that **** used to irritate me :lol:. I could imagine other people and players felt the same way, he's not just some innocent nice guy that's victimized by irrational hate. Blake was kinda similar in how he would carry himself in this smug pompous way and a lot of players used to go at him even in college. A lot of people hated Kobe when he came in too because he was cocky af. If people hate steph it's because he brings it on himself first and foremost

I just refuse to believe Nick Wright in influencing future NBA players personally. I get that they are kids and impressionable but do you think Windhorst is dropping some bombs that are swaying them too?
And if Booker can make the list why can't Steph? People call him out in the media for being soft and a loser

You’re completely missing my point. I’m giving you the environment in which Steph curry’s popularity or how he’s viewed amongst a certain segment can be explained. All these things add up to a cumulative environment. But you’re intentionally missing my point. So I get it.

Explain Devin Booker. Light skin. And the others I mentioned.

*****s like D Book cuz he get fly, and get buckets. Seriously :lol:.

Steph is not humble whatsoever. Him and the rest of the warriors ushered in the extreme showboating era. I'm numb to it now but when he first came on the scene that **** used to irritate me :lol:. I could imagine other people and players felt the same way, he's not just some innocent nice guy that's victimized by irrational hate. Blake was kinda similar in how he would carry himself in this smug pompous way and a lot of players used to go at him even in college. A lot of people hated Kobe when he came in too because he was cocky af. If people hate steph it's because he brings it on himself first and foremost

Steph the GOAT frontrunner and hotdogger

Wait the Heatles didn’t usher in extreme showboating?

They started the whole corny postgame interview bomb thing. But guys on the bench being extra af with the celebrations, all that hardcore shimmying and other foolishness went to the next level with Steph and the warriors. I was always a fan of steph's game but I never got down with all that extra ****

See...that’s projecting :lol:. On the court....Steph is an arrogant killa who showboats. He be like Neon Deion out there sometimes. I get that part.

Answer this for me tho....What about him, makes you think people think he’s humble/and an innocent nice guy...on the COURT.

It’s how he looks, and who he is...that has you projecting that he carries himself on the basketball court as a humble, innocent nice guy. When in reality...he’s never been that on the court....nor does he really try to present that on the court.

See...that’s projecting :lol:. On the court....Steph is an arrogant killa who showboats. He be like Neon Deion out there sometimes. I get that part.

Answer this for me tho....What about him, makes you think people think he’s humble/and an innocent nice guy...on the COURT.

It’s how he looks, and who he is...that has you projecting that he carries himself on the basketball court as a humble, innocent nice guy. When in reality...he’s never been that on the court....nor does he really try to present that on the court.

Of course I'm talking about on the court :lol:. The people that try to defend him are the ones acting like he's a nice guy and people dislike him for anything besides the way he acts on the court. All I'm saying is there are valid reasons for people to dislike Steph that have nothing to do with him being light skin. That's a copout tbh. Bruh acts goofy af on the court

Last edited:
^^^ There is a difference between influence and popularity. I think it’s pretty indisputable that Steph has had an influence on the way the game is played and the skills younger players chose to work on most. But that doesn’t mean he’s going to automatically be anyone’s favorite player.

From a personality standpoint, I find Steph to be awkward and not-relatable. That’s why, although I respect and appreciate his game, I don’t really like him like that. So I get where the rookies are coming from.

That said, I don’t really rock with LeBron either, again acknowledging that he’s one of the best to ever do it. But he’s got a more outgoing personality than Steph, so I get why he’s got the popularity he does. Plus, he’s been around longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom