THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. I'm sure if bird played today he'd be complaining about the schedule on social media in between memes and crying like a baby when he got eliminated from the playoffs

I like how people constantly bring up the crying thing like it’s a bad thing that a 24 year old All NBA player cried after losing to the eventual champs in Game 7 at the buzzer.

There were factions of Mavs fans PISSED we traded a couple of picks to make the leap to get Luka. :lol: Dummies.

Son can’t buy White Claws and is already an All-NBA guy.
I frequently imagine what it would have been like if Dallas couldn't make that trade. They'd ended up with WCJ or Bamba most likely. DSJ still here. Alternate universe

@JD617

Larry Bird played in an era where dudes stayed on the same teams together for a decade, nobody sat out for load management and players that were 260+ pounds with 40 inch verticals didn’t exist. I think it was a wee bit different back then.
There's like 2 guys in the league that fit that description now

I mean in December there's 9 road games and 5 home games, basically every single game against a playoff team. With back to back road games in Denver and Utah. In March there's 9 roadies and 6 home games, every home game vs playoff teams and a 6 game east coast road trip consisting of 10 straight days on the road. It's pretty even
That's big what I meant. Was moreso referring to the travel aspect. But again I feel you.

Anyone arguing the Lakers October/November schedule ain’t MAD favorable is silly. Especially for a team that’s basically starting from scratch trying to build chemistry and figure a ton of **** out.

Little travel, insanely light on teams that were thought to be really good coming in...

But who cares? Ain’t nothing anyone can do about it.

If it makes you happy, cumulatively the Lakers have the toughest schedule in the league from this point. So there's that Ig guess.

Rewatching this laker/heat game. Man ain’t nobody messing with the lakers, if they stay healthy and that will be their biggest concern. They walking to the WCF and NBAF. Everybody including myself crapped on Rob this off-season about these pick up and them meshing but nah man. It’s gonna be so challenging to score against them. Kuz, Dwight and rondo with that 2nd unit. They legit man if you say other wise you just being a fan.

I like ATL's cap sheet moving forward more than Dallas's though. And playing in the west vs playing in the east obviously makes building a winner tougher.

I like ATL's cap sheet moving forward more than Dallas's though.
Based on what?

The Mavs got two high-end stars already and don’t have any deals that are crazy cap restrictive on the books past next season.

Mavs are way better off.

8f1326498782d3f39fa43f28c83fefe9_crop_exact.jpg

Really? The West is a slug fest but forecasting the next 5 years, it's mostly up for grabs especially post Lebby

The landscape doesn't preclude a team like Dallas from becoming a real contender even with Giannis in limbo

I mean they got the hard part done, they've got the MVP candidate. And forecasting the landscape 5 years from now is impossible. I'm just not in at all on Porzingis and they're on the hook w/him for awhile.

I'm not a Porzingis guy and the path to being GOOD good is kind of murky to me *shrugs*
With Luka the path to being GOOD good is don’t **** up. :lol:

I don’t get not being a KP guy. As the lead guy? Sure. As a Robin to Luka’s Batman? What’s not to like? He’s running at 20/8 and 2.5 blocks a night coming off 2 years of no court time.

They’ll have max cap wiggle in an offseason where those two dudes are 22 and 24. The line of sight to GOOD good is more than visible.

I mean they got the hard part done, they've got the MVP candidate. And forecasting the landscape 5 years from now is impossible. I'm just not in at all on Porzingis and they're on the hook w/him for awhile.
There isn't really a Duncan/Parker/Manu/Pop or Kobe/Shaq/Phil or a Warriors+ KD core-- a path to being a contender when you yourself say Dallas has an MVP candidate shouldn't really be that murky

LA teams could be the here and now for the next 2 years, but after that it's up for grabs. Even if AD happens to score another All-Star or if Giannis comes to the West, as long as Porzingis is healthy Dallas has a foundation that could easily yield deep playoff runs

I feel like I would take Bron and co seriously if we hadn’t beat the dog**** out of them already. We’ll see on Xmas I suppsoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom